Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

so I called my doc yesterday b/c my lp was a lot longer on the clomid and she told me to take progesterone starting cd14. i didn't realize it was a vaginal suppository! so do you take it after you ov (b/c I might not ov cd14) and how do you BD when you have that up in there? so you put it in in the morning and it's gone by the night so you BD then? any advice would be great!

Thank-you for the kind words! I take progesterone as suppositories, so I'll tell you how I do it! I take it on 3dpo - you don't want to take it earlier as it could mess with O, is what I've been told. I actually do 100mg in the morning and again 12 hrs later at night. It's actually absorbed within about 15mins, and you'll notice you will have some yellow-ish creamy leakage, so wear a pantyliner. I could never differentiate creamy CM from this stuff technically, so I never look for CM as a pregnancy sign. Take it until 14dpo and then if BFN, I stop taking it, AF take 2 1/2 days to arrive after I stop...and I've got 2 cycles under my belt exactly the same now. Oh, and one more tip, buy a Canesten pack with an applicator! If you have Prometrium it fits in there perfectly! Then just wash the applicator after each use :) Oh, and if you're only taking it in the AM, you'll be fine to BD at night.

welcome coragankidd- i'm so sorry to hear about your mom. hopefully the clomid will do the trick!
thank you for the tip rdleela! whats the applicator you're talking about? can I get that at the pharmacy?

Hey ladies. Can I join? I just started my first round of Clomid 50 mg. Took it days 3-7 and finished my last pill a couple days ago. Now just waiting! I was gearing myself up for some horrible side effects but thankfully I haven't really had anything yet.
A little about me. I'm 28 my husband is 26 and we have been ttc for just under a year. Not sure what the problem is, doctors label it as "unexplained infertility". I'm really hoping Clomid does the trick for me and soon. My mom was diagnosed with terminal lung and brain cancer about 9 months ago and I know that I don't have much more time with her so I just hope and pray that I at least get to have the joy of telling her I'm pregnant because I know all my plans of raising my kids with her being an integral part of their lives is not going to happen. So please please please clomid do the trick!!!!

so sorry to hear about your mama. my thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family. i really hope you get your BFP soon! welcome to the group!

thank you for the tip rdleela! whats the applicator you're talking about? can I get that at the pharmacy?

It's a Canesten yeast infection kit with an applicator - maybe you don't have Canesten in the US? Just buy one of the kits you thing the pill will fit in!

Welcome, corgankidd, sorry about your mom, and FX'd that you get to tell her your preggo soon!!!

It's a Canesten yeast infection kit with an applicator - maybe you don't have Canesten in the US? Just buy one of the kits you thing the pill will fit in!

ohhh ok. it doesn't come with an applicator? i went to pick it up at the pharmacy yesterday and they looked at me like i was looking for something crazy. they were like, "oh no we have to special order it." um my doc called the day before... in the morning... why didn't you order it then? i love living in a small town but good grief. when i dropped off the script in december for the clomid the tech was like- "how do you say this? cloooooooomid? do you know what this is?" i was like, um yes my doc prescribed it for me. lol

ohhh ok. it doesn't come with an applicator? i went to pick it up at the pharmacy yesterday and they looked at me like i was looking for something crazy. they were like, "oh no we have to special order it." um my doc called the day before... in the morning... why didn't you order it then? i love living in a small town but good grief. when i dropped off the script in december for the clomid the tech was like- "how do you say this? cloooooooomid? do you know what this is?" i was like, um yes my doc prescribed it for me. lol

Lol, I hear you, I live in a very small town, too! The next town over we have a pretty big drugstore and they have everything. But I was able to get Clomid at my really small pharmacy b/c they had ordered it in awhile ago for another girl who ended up not needing it b/c she got preggo! lol, so I got her Clomid :)

Hi girls, haven't posted on this thread in a while. It's really early so I've been scared to say anything, but.............................. I GOT MY BFP :happydance: I'm so unbelievably happy and also scared that something mught go wrong. Been to the doctors and my EDD is 1st October so I'm 4 weeks and 3 days today. :cloud9: They don't do bloods or anything which I was a bit concerned about, but I would only obsess on the numbers. I tested about 25 times and kept checking that the lines were getting darker. I've stopped now. I hope everyone else is doing well and thanks for all your support with my questions xx

Oh, and one more tip, buy a Canesten pack with an applicator! If you have Prometrium it fits in there perfectly! Then just wash the applicator after each use :)

I second the suggestion to use an applicator. Don't know if you use preseed, but a preseed applicator works perfectly for the progesterone supplement I use (Prometrium). I just wash it after each use and leave it out to dry, and it's ready for the next use.

Hi girls, haven't posted on this thread in a while. It's really early so I've been scared to say anything, but.............................. I GOT MY BFP :happydance: I'm so unbelievably happy and also scared that something mught go wrong. Been to the doctors and my EDD is 1st October so I'm 4 weeks and 3 days today. :cloud9: They don't do bloods or anything which I was a bit concerned about, but I would only obsess on the numbers. I tested about 25 times and kept checking that the lines were getting darker. I've stopped now. I hope everyone else is doing well and thanks for all your support with my questions xx

Yay! Congrats!

Oh, and one more tip, buy a Canesten pack with an applicator! If you have Prometrium it fits in there perfectly! Then just wash the applicator after each use :)

I second the suggestion to use an applicator. Don't know if you use preseed, but a preseed applicator works perfectly for the progesterone supplement I use (Prometrium). I just wash it after each use and leave it out to dry, and it's ready for the next use.

oh excellent, yes I use preseed and I have the applicators. how far up does it go? lol also my doc said just to use it after ov with no specific dpo... so what day do you all use it?

Congratulations Maisy!!!!:happydance:

Congrats Maisy!!!!

Well the :witch: got me after school today, so on to February!

Hi All,
I have been out of town for a couple of days. Missed seeing what is happening with everyone :hugs:.

The :witch: got me today. I am encouraged that the basal temping is so accurate. It really helps me know what is going on so I do not roller coaster as much.

RD--my DH has a lot of sperm issues too. We are not super worried about the Biology of the baby so next round we are trying donor sperm with IUI. I cannot lie--I felt a little sad about this today when IUI with DH's didnt take. He is so understanding and we just want a healthy baby.

Well, off to sperm shop. Good luck everyone with your current phase of the battle.

Congrats!!!!! You must be so happy!! :happydance:

Congrats!!!!! You must be so happy!! :happydance:

Congrats Maisy!!!!

Well the :witch: got me after school today, so on to February!

Thank you girls, I am so happy....I have to keep pinching myself :cloud9: IluvRedskins I'm really sorry the wicked witch turns up. Really hope February is your month :hugs: xx

Well my doctor upped me to 100mg CD 4-7! Everyone keeps telling me to relax so I'm going to enjoy a movie night. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow part 1 & 2 here I come!!!

Thanks tobefruitful!

So I know we have a lot of new people on here since Kellie started the thread, so I thought if you all want to we would reintroduce ourselves! I'm Chantel!

Chantel - Sorry AF got you! :hugs: I think February will be our month. Good luck with the higher dose of Clomid!

As for introductions....I guess I don't really need one since my name is pretty self-explanatory! :haha: The highlights (or lowlights? lol) of my TTC journey are in my siggie.

Come on Clomid, give us our Clomid babies!!!! :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->