Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

Hi girls, haven't posted on this thread in a while. It's really early so I've been scared to say anything, but.............................. I GOT MY BFP :happydance: I'm so unbelievably happy and also scared that something mught go wrong. Been to the doctors and my EDD is 1st October so I'm 4 weeks and 3 days today. :cloud9: They don't do bloods or anything which I was a bit concerned about, but I would only obsess on the numbers. I tested about 25 times and kept checking that the lines were getting darker. I've stopped now. I hope everyone else is doing well and thanks for all your support with my questions xx

How did I miss a BFP? Congrats.

I am Amy. No clomid for me this month, but I like this group to please don't kick me out :happydance:.

We are going to try donor sperm IUI with no clomid. Some timing issues with getting things together for the next cycle, but also the clomid didn't really do anything for me. Just seem to give me some bad symptoms.

Have a good weekend everyone!

We got married in October 2010, I would looove a baby in October 2012!!

I hope this TWW passes quickly, and ends in a BFP for you!

Waiting to ov (and now knowing if or when it will happen) sucks too! :dohh:

I hope this TWW passes quickly, and ends in a BFP for you!

Waiting to ov (and now knowing if or when it will happen) sucks too! :dohh:

You are totally right! When I O'ed last month it def warranted a celebration! :yipee::yipee: Now I am ready for the big one!:wohoo::wohoo:

hey ladies- my name is jen (duh)! haha- all my ttc stats are in my siggy. FX to us all! lets hope october is our month!!

Hello everybody!!

I'm Amanda...29 years old...ttc for over five years. DH and I have been married nearly seven. All of my stats and a link to my newly started journal are listed below...stalkers welcome! lol

:dust: :dust: :dust:

my name is carly, nice to meet you ladies! i am currently in the dreaded 2 week wait. i am crampy but i guess that is normal to have either way i guess. i just wish there was a difference between period cramps & pregnancy cramps...ya know? i test feb. 4th. wish me luck! clomid babies for feb here we come!:thumbup:

Good luck to those in the 2ww.

The ONLY good thing about AF is that you are not guessing about ANYTHING. You know EXACTLY what is going on with your body. No chance of pregnancy or ovulation :happydance: so no stress.

This will be an interesting cycle with the donor sperm. Thus far in our TTC journey (about 18 months now), i have had very guarded optimism. Once we had all of our test results (October 2011), I have been even more stingy with my optimism. With high quality sperm, I am a bit worried that I will be too hopeful and really disappointed. Have to concentrate on being realistic this month.

i think it is good to be optimistic. and being in the situation we are all in it is a hard thing to do sometimes. just out of curiosity was it hard to find donor sperm? will you remain on clomid? good luck!

I could really do with a dose of optimism right now. I was prepared for it, but last night my uber-fertile sister-in-law announced she was 10.5 wks with number 3! My husband said I did really well it terms of appearing happy. And I truly was, and am, but this whole other part of me is, well, really sad. I feel like having a giant pity party for myself. Ugh, these emotions are tearing me up right now. How do you keep from feeling sorry for yourself? I texted a friend of mine and she reminded me "my time will come" and I know she's right, but :hissy: now I don't even want to socialize this morning. I haven't talked to anybody in DH's family about all this, though I know they are wondering why I'm not pregnant yet. I just want to go home.

I could really do with a dose of optimism right now. I was prepared for it, but last night my uber-fertile sister-in-law announced she was 10.5 wks with number 3! My husband said I did really well it terms of appearing happy. And I truly was, and am, but this whole other part of me is, well, really sad. I feel like having a giant pity party for myself. Ugh, these emotions are tearing me up right now. How do you keep from feeling sorry for yourself? I texted a friend of mine and she reminded me "my time will come" and I know she's right, but :hissy: now I don't even want to socialize this morning. I haven't talked to anybody in DH's family about all this, though I know they are wondering why I'm not pregnant yet. I just want to go home.

hey, hang in there. It's only since March '11 that you are ttc; it's not even an year. Yes I know how that feels when everyone around you is preggo and sporting a proud large belly, while you feel all empty and dried up there. But it does'nt matter. What matters is that we have a life, be creative in other areas of our life. Well, at least that's what I tell myself, and I seem to not mind too much being childless anymore :).... Good luck for your ttc, and loads of baby dust to you!

i think it is good to be optimistic. and being in the situation we are all in it is a hard thing to do sometimes. just out of curiosity was it hard to find donor sperm? will you remain on clomid? good luck!

No clomid this month. We will see next month. If all of my tests are normal this month, we will not use clomid again. When you are a woman over 35, they sort of assume you are the problem and just give you clomid. In our case since there is clearly something else going on, it makes sense for us to try a cycle w/o clomid and see how I do.

It is not hard to locate donor sperm. They like to do some blood tests on the woman so that you can pick a donor with matching CMV status. Other than that they gave us a list of banks and you just pick someone. Pretty easy to pick. A lot more emotional gates to cross this route though.

Sometimes I successfully avoid feeling sorry for myself and other times, I isolate myself and let it rip. I find those times are necessary. It is hard. I have a niece that is 14 weeks old. I adore her. My sister was infertile for 18 years and surprise conceived naturally while not even trying. Even though I love this baby and she is a true miracle, I got a picture of her yesterday and just could not look at it because I was not in that emotional place yesterday. Of course, this morning, I got a good look at that picture and she is gorgeous as usual My point is--give yourself a break and take the time you need. This is not easy and you are not an ogre for feeling this way.

Sometimes I successfully avoid feeling sorry for myself and other times, I isolate myself and let it rip. I find those times are necessary. It is hard. I have a niece that is 14 weeks old. I adore her. My sister was infertile for 18 years and surprise conceived naturally while not even trying. Even though I love this baby and she is a true miracle, I got a picture of her yesterday and just could not look at it because I was not in that emotional place yesterday. Of course, this morning, I got a good look at that picture and she is gorgeous as usual My point is--give yourself a break and take the time you need. This is not easy and you are not an ogre for feeling this way.

Thanks Amy! That's awesome about your sister! Rather inspiring, actually. But I totally feel you on giving yourself a break once in a while. Thanks for your support. I'm super excited about having another niece or nephew, I guess I just wasn't as prepared for how I'd feel as I thought I was. Now my kids will have 3 big cousins instead of two!

Hi Girls,
I am on my second Cycle of Clomid, just finished it up on Saturday. 100 mg days 4-8. Didn't O til CD32 last cycle on 50 mg of Clomid, so i'm hoping this new dose moves it up a bit. Does anyone have any experience with different doses of clomid working better than others? I'm also going to start taking Mucinex tomorrow to help with my CM. I haven't really had any side effects, except acne. I'm pretty thankful for that, although I could do without the pimples!

Baby dust to all!!

Hi Girls,
I am on my second Cycle of Clomid, just finished it up on Saturday. 100 mg days 4-8. Didn't O til CD32 last cycle on 50 mg of Clomid, so i'm hoping this new dose moves it up a bit. Does anyone have any experience with different doses of clomid working better than others? I'm also going to start taking Mucinex tomorrow to help with my CM. I haven't really had any side effects, except acne. I'm pretty thankful for that, although I could do without the pimples!

Baby dust to all!!

No experience with different doses, but I am curious to see if this works for you. I know the 50 mg of clomid didn't really do much for me. Maybe moved up ovulation 2 days???

Good luck Chloe! I'm so anxious to do 50mg, I don't think 25 mg has done a darn thing! :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->