Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

Don't know if I posted on this thread yet because I posted on so many...lol but my name is Bev and I took clomid 50 mg day 5-9 and I am now 6 dpo. I am so anxious to find out if my first cycle worked! I didn't have really bad side effects on the meds but I did have hot flashes and headaches and really bad o pains. I ovulated CD 15. I would like to join this thread with u ladies and I hope that we all get our bfp very soon!!!! Also Congrats to the ladies who did get their bfp!!!

Welcome! I added you to our first page. I hope your first cycle of Clomid did it for ya!!

lisa92881, my fingers are crossed for you! how are you feeling now? good luck! i know we will all be thinking about you.

saffiya, good luck tomorrow! i go in tues for the same thing. have you havd a :winkwink: face yet? i tested opk today and did not get one. last month i had to get an hcg shot to trigger my ovulation.

lemontree, i do agree with you on everybody being different. and i think it is wise to go in & get their advice...that is what we pay them for right? :thumbup: i hope they have a wonderful plan for you! i am sure they do. i agree that i need to focus my attention on something else too, i think i might start up yoga...but have been warned by my dr.'s to avoid bikram because of the heat. don't make fun but i actually made DH & i go out & buy a puzzle tonight. we have both cut out alcohol so that sort of makes things awkward when we are out with our friends over the weekend...at least the ones who don't know that we are trying. so my attention will be focused on a 1,000 piece puzzle...we'll see how long that lasts!

ipen44, welcome back we missed you! so that sounds interesting having to be counseled. how did that go? i hope well :thumbup: forgive me for asking because i am not sure if you had mentioned previously if you had already done an IUI before or not. did the IUI increase considerably w/ donor sperm?

i hope we all get BFP this month!!:happydance:

No i didnt test with a opk yet. My last cycle i also had to get the trigger shot to start ovulation and i am sure i will have to get it again but hopefully tomorrow i will have at least one good size follicle. I will keep you up to date on how my appt went. hope that your appt goes well on tuesday. what mg of clomid did you have to take?

lisa92881, my fingers are crossed for you! how are you feeling now? good luck! i know we will all be thinking about you.

saffiya, good luck tomorrow! i go in tues for the same thing. have you havd a :winkwink: face yet? i tested opk today and did not get one. last month i had to get an hcg shot to trigger my ovulation.

lemontree, i do agree with you on everybody being different. and i think it is wise to go in & get their advice...that is what we pay them for right? :thumbup: i hope they have a wonderful plan for you! i am sure they do. i agree that i need to focus my attention on something else too, i think i might start up yoga...but have been warned by my dr.'s to avoid bikram because of the heat. don't make fun but i actually made DH & i go out & buy a puzzle tonight. we have both cut out alcohol so that sort of makes things awkward when we are out with our friends over the weekend...at least the ones who don't know that we are trying. so my attention will be focused on a 1,000 piece puzzle...we'll see how long that lasts!

ipen44, welcome back we missed you! so that sounds interesting having to be counseled. how did that go? i hope well :thumbup: forgive me for asking because i am not sure if you had mentioned previously if you had already done an IUI before or not. did the IUI increase considerably w/ donor sperm?

We were counseled in a one hour session over the phone. It is just one of those hoops our clinic makes you jump through, but it was actually helpful and really solidified for us that we are making the right choice for our family. I did one round of IUI with DH sperm, but it was only 4 million and not very many motile with good shape. Are you talking cost? It did increase a bit. Our clinic charges about $400 for IUI with fresh sperm, but only $200 with frozen sperm. That is because they charge $200 to wash and prepare the fresh sperm. The donor sperm is about $350 for 1 ml. You can choose to use 1 or 2 ml. So if you go with 1 ml, it is only $150 more. If you were meaning amount of sperm--that was WAY more. We had 100 million instead of 4.

Now that we are on the topic of vaginal pH (i know it comes up all the time)--I was wondering if anyone knows the ideal pH for conception???

I have been reading on another forum that you can have hostile CM. It would be pretty cheap to get some pH strips and test at home just to make sure all is well in that area.

I've been posting lots in here, but no formal intro I guess.

My name is Dani: TTC #1, First Round of Clomid this cycle - 50mg on CD2-CD6 and ovulated on CD21 (I think).

No i didnt test with a opk yet. My last cycle i also had to get the trigger shot to start ovulation and i am sure i will have to get it again but hopefully tomorrow i will have at least one good size follicle. I will keep you up to date on how my appt went. hope that your appt goes well on tuesday. what mg of clomid did you have to take?

i am currently on 50 mg, going on our second round. i have my fingers crossed for you!! please do the same for me :thumbup:

ipen - I have heard semen has a pH of 7-8, but the vagina is usually 3-4, meaning sperm can't survive very long. I think fertile CM would probably be more like 7-8 then? Preseed is supposed to have a pH between 7.2 and 7.5.

Hope - I have taken clomid and used preseed and haven't had any issues with infection. I hope the doc clears it up for you!

I got my second LH surge this weekend, along with stabbing pains by my left Ovary, but still haven't seen that temp spike. This is the second time this month that i have had a +OPK with stabbing O pains (for the second cycle in a row). I didn't have any EWCM this time, only creamy, so i used preseed when i BD. I didn't tell DH tho, I think he might think i was a lunatic:haha: It definitely takes some of the spontaniety out of the whole process!

getting very impatient for my temp spike! :wacko:

Welcome! I added you to our first page. I hope your first cycle of Clomid did it for ya!!

Thank you! I am so happy for you with your first round success. :happydance: I hope that it works this time but I highly doubt it because I truly feel like af is about to show her ugly face any day now. :cry: I have been having af like cramping since 2dpo and I am not feeling to hopeful... But if af shows all I can say is bring on the 2nd round!!! Again congrats on your 1st round bfp!!!!! Yay!

HI

Pl add me as your Clomid buddy :)
TTC#1, 1st round of Clomid, 100 mg CD 5-9

Thanks

Ladies I took clomid for 12 cycles and it was unsuccessful I read tony welsh book and she advises taking guafenasin as clomid can dry up cervix which stops you getting pregnant.
Good luck

ipen - I have heard semen has a pH of 7-8, but the vagina is usually 3-4, meaning sperm can't survive very long. I think fertile CM would probably be more like 7-8 then? Preseed is supposed to have a pH between 7.2 and 7.5.

Hope - I have taken clomid and used preseed and haven't had any issues with infection. I hope the doc clears it up for you!

I got my second LH surge this weekend, along with stabbing pains by my left Ovary, but still haven't seen that temp spike. This is the second time this month that i have had a +OPK with stabbing O pains (for the second cycle in a row). I didn't have any EWCM this time, only creamy, so i used preseed when i BD. I didn't tell DH tho, I think he might think i was a lunatic:haha: It definitely takes some of the spontaniety out of the whole process!

getting very impatient for my temp spike! :wacko:

Chloe, I read the same about Vag PH and thanks for your support. I dont know how I messed up the balance down there right before Ovulation :cry:

Went to doctor's office today for ultrasound but didnt have much helpful input from the nurse who did my U/S. I am hoping you guys can help me with any info on this. The nurse asked me to use Monistat 7 and reassured that it is very safe while trying to conceive! When you look at the Monistat box, they clearly warn you not to have intercourse while using it. How am I supposed to use it for 7 days and miss my ovulation timing??? Or if I dont then am I wasting the O days anyways, because i/c cannot be done without risk to both of us and also the spermies do not have any chance of surviving in there??

My YI is not very bad, I am applying topical creams and eating lot of probiotic yogurt. Should I leave it at that and treat with monistat after the O days are over??

Omg!!! I am only 7dpo and I took a 5 day sooner pregnancy test and got a faint :bfp: I am soooo happy but i am still a little skeptical because I need to see it darker... I showed my dh and he said "wow your pregnant"..lol then I showed my mother because she has 13 kids including me and she knows a lot about testing and she said "a positive is a positive no matter how light it is"... Apart of me wants to:happydance: but another part of me is thinking af is going to show so idk... To me I am still playing the waiting game... Fingers crossed for a darker line!!!!

I did 3 rounds of clomid and the dr suggested Letrazole/Femara and injectables. I am very scared, but trying to remain strong for my husband and myself. Any advice? I am deathly afraid of needles and now the thought of injecting myself is freaking me out.

Omg!!! I am only 7dpo and I took a 5 day sooner pregnancy test and got a faint :bfp: I am soooo happy but i am still a little skeptical because I need to see it darker... I showed my dh and he said "wow your pregnant"..lol then I showed my mother because she has 13 kids including me and she knows a lot about testing and she said "a positive is a positive no matter how light it is"... Apart of me wants to:happydance: but another part of me is thinking af is going to show so idk... To me I am still playing the waiting game... Fingers crossed for a darker line!!!!

oh my goodness!! how exciting!!!! please keep us updated! :thumbup:

Thats great news, wantababy!! I hope its a sticky bean! Keep us posted :)

And I just got yet another +OPK. I'm officially baffled. I even did the digital one just to be sure. And I'm not preggo because I didn't see any temp shift, so my body is just pumping out the LH i guess?? Felt a couple more twinges in my left ovary today. Why won't this egg just burst out already!! Sorry, needed to vent, and DH just stares at me and tells me to go to a doctor every time I tell him I don't know what is going on with my body.

Really feeling like I need something to concentrate my energy on. Some friends are planning on running a 10k in May. I know it's along way off, but I might take a book out of Chantel's book and try to focus on exercise and being healthy. I am going to try to get DH to do it too.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. DH and I just started a 'couch to 5k' type program that we're hoping to stick through. Not sure if I want to do an actual 5k, but I do want to get to the point where I can do a 30 minute run three or four times a week. DH and I could both lose a few pounds, and it's been hard working up the energy to go to the gym.

Cool! Did you find the program on the Internet? I can't wait until the weather is nicer! I am already feeling my mood lift as the days get a little longer.

And I just got yet another +OPK. I'm officially baffled. I even did the digital one just to be sure. And I'm not preggo because I didn't see any temp shift, so my body is just pumping out the LH i guess?? Felt a couple more twinges in my left ovary today. Why won't this egg just burst out already!! Sorry, needed to vent, and DH just stares at me and tells me to go to a doctor every time I tell him I don't know what is going on with my body.

No apologies necessary! We all need to vent sometimes, that's what this forum is for in part. And DH's in general, as much as they love us, just can't relate.

No doubt the hormone roller coaster your body has you on right now is taking its toll, both psychologically and, well, hormonally!

Hang in there, here's some :dust: for good measure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->