Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

Hi ladies, I posted this on another Clomid thread, but I like this thread better. Hopefully you can offer some insight! Does anyone notice the BBT rise is not always consistent? I'm wondering if I could have O'd but my temp rise was just not as pronounced this time? I took a different dose of Clomid from last month, had EWCM and +OPK, but didn't see my usual T spike, but it is about 0.2F higher than my typical baseline T. But I am often 0.7F higher than my baseline for my previous O cycles. Wondering if it has to be that way every time????

can you check out my chart and see if anyone thinks I have a shot of having O'd on CD15? Thanks much, girls!!

hi folks, im looking for sum friens=ds to help me on mu jurney, i start provera
2moro, then clomid, its gunna be along road ahead still so it would be great 2 share it with somone, i hope all of u get ur :baby: this year, i no how tough it can be, wanting somthing so bad, 2 be knocked back at every turn, but hopfully 2012 will prove to be a great one, lots of baby dust 2 all u ladys x x

lemontree, i see that you are using the iui procedure too. we are scheduled to go in on valentines day to get our next ultrasound. we are excited/hopeful to start up round 2. i see that our clomid levels are different but other than that we sound like we are in the same boat. did you start on 100mg? i am on 50mg right now, i was just wondering.

welcome layla29988! good luck to you too!

chloe597, i can't say i have ever taken my temp. before during this whole process. do you find it to be accurate?

hi chloe! if you look at my chart for Dec (first month on clomid) my temp went way up after ov. i'm not 100% sure when i ov this cycle (either yesterday or the day before) but my temp went up today. i would suggest to keep using the opk's. how many times a day do you test?

lemontree, i see that you are using the iui procedure too. we are scheduled to go in on valentines day to get our next ultrasound. we are excited/hopeful to start up round 2. i see that our clomid levels are different but other than that we sound like we are in the same boat. did you start on 100mg? i am on 50mg right now, i was just wondering.

Yeah, DH and I did our first IUI last month. It didn't work obviously, but I'm hopeful that it will (although I don't know if we'll be doing any future ones with Clomid, actually). The doctor we were seeing did start me on Clomid 100mg. She said it was because I already ovulate on my own so 50 mg wouldn't make a difference, and that starting on day 3 would help my body produce more follicles, and therefore hopefully more targets for DH aim for. When is your IUI? I hope it works for you!

Yeah, DH and I did our first IUI last month. It didn't work obviously, but I'm hopeful that it will (although I don't know if we'll be doing any future ones with Clomid, actually). The doctor we were seeing did start me on Clomid 100mg. She said it was because I already ovulate on my own so 50 mg wouldn't make a difference, and that starting on day 3 would help my body produce more follicles, and therefore hopefully more targets for DH aim for. When is your IUI? I hope it works for you!

good luck on your next IUI, expecting big things for the both us! i ovulate every month as well...sometimes at different times though. usually between days 12-14. my body seemed to handle clomid nicely it produced 5 eggs 2 or 3 of which they believed matured. i was wondering if were going to up the level of clomid for me. we are going in sometime next week. do you mind me asking why you aren't using the clomid this time around? also if you don't mind me being too forward, how many follicles did you produce with the 100mg? thanks so much for your feedback.

do you mind me asking why you aren't using the clomid this time around? also if you don't mind me being too forward, how many follicles did you produce with the 100mg? thanks so much for your feedback.

You're not being forward! I don't mind the questions :)

Technically, I'm not using anything because DH and I are giving ourselves a little break to NTNP before our appointment with the new doctor. If we were still seeing the old one, I'd probably be doing Clomid again, although it would have been for the last time, because I only ever wanted to try Clomid for a max of three times.

But mostly, since I've already gotten my mind around trying IUI, I think I'm just ready to pull out the bigger guns. Everything I'm reading is saying that Clomid + IUI has about an 8-10% chance of working, whereas injectibles + IUI is supposed to have a 15-18% chance of working. Not a huge leap, but everything helps.

Also, I really don't know if Clomid had a positive effect for me or not. I asked about monitoring, but was totally brushed off, which is another reason why I'm moving on to a new doctor. I have no idea if Clomid did what the doctor said she wanted it to do, which is produce more than one follicle (I ovulate on my own). I assumed so because I could definitely feel some stuff happening in my ovaries each month, but I never really knew for sure what was happening. I also never really knew if cysts were forming or if my lining was shrinking, and that really worried me a lot. If I had been monitored and had seen follicles developing and knew everything else was okay, I might have felt more positive about it, but I just didn't. And I don't want to try a 'do-over' of those two months of Clomid with the new doctor because I don't want to look back and think I wasted the time when I should have just moved on to something else.

Also, Clomid made me feel weird emotionally. I don't know a better way to put it but I just felt a little off and anxious the entire five days I was taking the meds (and then for a few days after) -- I was an emotional wreck the second cycle around on Clomid. One minute I'd be laughing with DH, and the next minute I'd be in the bathroom sobbing. I think this might have happened the first month too, but I probably chalked it up to just being nervous/sad about having to take a drug to get pregnant.

Since I was only planning to do three months on Clomid, I would have been doing my third month this cycle coming up (waiting for AF as we speak). But since we're going to be seeing a new doctor, I decided to just take a break. I am leaning toward asking about injectibles when I see the doctor, but if I decide not to, I think I'm going to ask to try Femara (and a trigger shot since I think most doctors will monitor you automatically if you choose to trigger ovulation) rather than Clomid. I keep reading that Femara is supposed to work in a similar way as Clomid, but with fewer side effects, and a shorter half life (meaning it stays in your system for a much shorter time than Clomid, so whatever side effects you might feel go away very soon after you stop taking it).

But I dunno. If you are happy with Clomid (and especially if you're being monitored), I wouldn't take anything I'm saying with more than a grain of salt. I'm still not sure what the new doctor will suggest, so who knows -- I may end up using Clomid for another month or two afterall! But at the very least, I really want to be monitored so I can know for sure what is happening.

hi guys im new to this, i started provera 2day, and hopfully clomid next week or week after so fingers crossed all goes well, its great to read others storys the ups and down, makes me remember im not alone on this jurney

Guess what..... I GOT A SMILEY FACE TODAY!!!!! I thought I would never see that smiley face. I attached a picture below. I am so happy!! I have been having sharp pains on the left and right sides, so I'm guessing that is ovulation pain. Also, TMI, I have so much CM going on. Honestly, today I was like "woah what's going on" and had to run to the bathroom. Crazy! But so happy to finally be experiencing it.

Chantel did you get your surge yet?

Hello i just have a question because i am using the same opk. When you got your first smiley was it during the day and when did you bd to get your bfp? by the way i see your pregnant with twing double congrats... when r u due?

Guess what..... I GOT A SMILEY FACE TODAY!!!!! I thought I would never see that smiley face. I attached a picture below. I am so happy!! I have been having sharp pains on the left and right sides, so I'm guessing that is ovulation pain. Also, TMI, I have so much CM going on. Honestly, today I was like "woah what's going on" and had to run to the bathroom. Crazy! But so happy to finally be experiencing it.

Hello i just have a question because i am using the same opk. When you got your first smiley was it during the day and when did you bd to get your bfp? by the way i see your pregnant with twing double congrats... when r u due?

I always tested after work, so it was around 4pm when I would test. I believe it was on a Tuesday, so we BD Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I really didn't think we did it enough, but obviously we did! lol I am due Sept 1, but they won't let me go past Aug 11, that's if I make it that far.

Hello i just have a question because i am using the usame opk. When you got your first smiley was it during the day and when did you bd to get your bfp? by the way i see your pregnant with twing double congrats... when r u due?

I always tested after work, so it was around 4pm when I would test. I believe it was on a Tuesday, so we BD Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I really didn't think we did it enough, but obviously we did! lol I am due Sept 1, but they won't let me go past Aug 11, that's if I make it that far.

awwww i am so happy for you... God blessed you with more then one healthy baby... Maybe thats why you felt your pregnancy symptoms very early because its two growing... When do u find out the sex of the babies? i am due to ovulate on the 15th of this month so when do you think i should bd?

Hello i just have a question because i am using the usame opk. When you got your first smiley was it during the day and when did you bd to get your bfp? by the way i see your pregnant with twing double congrats... when r u due?

awwww i am so happy for you... God blessed you with more then one healthy baby... Maybe thats why you felt your pregnancy symptoms very early because its two growing... When do u find out the sex of the babies? i am due to ovulate on the 15th of this month so when do you think i should bd?

hi saffiya! welcome! you'll find loads of support here! I would suggest BDing now every other day until you get a +opk and then BD that night and the next to be on the safe side!
kc- wow I can't believe you're already 11 wks! have you told many people?

hey ladies! i'm 3dpo today- FF confirmed ov! my temp is really high today- higher than it has ever been! i'm not going to read anything into it because i think the clomid makes temps super high. i start the progesterone tonight... those who take it, do you take it a full 14 days (making LP 17 days) or do you take it 11 days (making LP 14 days)?
also... i think i am getting a cold :( what is safe to take during the 2ww?
have a nice weekend!

Welcome saffiya! I agree with jennys advice as far as BD. Make sure there's always some swimmers in there just in case!!

Jenny - woohooo crosshairs! Welcome to the TWW! You're a few days behind me. :happydance:

hi saffiya! welcome! you'll find loads of support here! I would suggest BDing now every other day until you get a +opk and then BD that night and the next to be on the safe side!
kc- wow I can't believe you're already 11 wks! have you told many people?

Yes i have been reading this thread all morning and all of the ladys are very supportive... I just finished my last pills of clomid yesterday and i go monday to get my follicle size checked. this is my second month on clomid. last cycle i had two good follicles but i dont think i bd the right times... i got a smiley two days in a row last cycle and its a little confusing cause i dont know which day i really ovulated.... But i have read that i should bd starting the first opk.... But we have been bding every other day so i am praying this works

Not sure about the prog, sorry. I too am trying not to read too much into my temps, it's so hard though isn't it?! :dohh:

I remember reading something about benefits of benadryl during the TWW. Not sure what and why, but maybe look into that? I don't know what else is ok? Logically I feel like this early on, anything should be ok, but I know that logic seems to go out the window when ttc. :haha:

Welcome Saffiya!

I agree, Lisa, probably anything is ok in the tww.

Took day 5 of my third round of Clomid today. Really feeling like I need something to concentrate my energy on. Some friends are planning on running a 10k in May. I know it's a long way off, but I might take a page out of Chantel's book and try to focus on exercise and being healthy. I am going to try to get DH to do it too.

Went to my last class of my second session of yoga for fertility today. Anybody else doing yoga? Accupuncture? I am tired of all the pills/supplements, which only seem to succeed in - TMI - making me constipated. I am ready for something new!

Welcome Saffiya!

I agree, Lisa, probably anything is ok in the tww.

Took day 5 of my third round of Clomid today. Really feeling like I need something to concentrate my energy on. Some friends are planning on running a 10k in May. I know it's along way off, but I might take a book out of Chantel's book and try to focus on exercise and being healthy. I am going to try to get DH to do it too.

Went to my last class of my second session of yoga for fertility today. Anybody else doing yoga? Accupuncture? I am tired of all the pills/supplements, which only seem to succeed in - TMI - making me constipated. I am ready for something new!

thank you ladiea for the nice warm welcome. this thread has been very supportive and helpful. How long have u been ttc. I am on my second round of clomid. i just finished my last pills yesterday so i am hoping for good blood work and ultrasound monday.. i will be bding every other day hoping this with be our month ladies... My doctor wants me to do the hcg trigger shot again this cycle

But I dunno. If you are happy with Clomid (and especially if you're being monitored), I wouldn't take anything I'm saying with more than a grain of salt. I'm still not sure what the new doctor will suggest, so who knows -- I may end up using Clomid for another month or two afterall! But at the very least, I really want to be monitored so I can know for sure what is happening.[/QUOTE]

thanks so much for getting back to me. wow, i can not believe that they didn't monitor you better...it is a good thing you switched! my doctor was very clear that he didn't want me to start my 2nd round of clomid until after having an ultra sound. although he never tested my prog. levels...which i see some doc's do. i wonder why doctors are so different. for example my girlfriend just started clomid with only having to get some blood work done. my doctor wouldn't give me clomid until my DH had tests done and for me? 2 rounds of blood work & a histiosalpingogram! which all, thankfully, came back normal for me. i hate how much of a process this all this. i have not put a number on how many times we will try IUI with clomid. i think my dr. suggested 4. i don't even know what we will do next if it doesn't work. did you doctor offer injectables or is this something you requested? i am anxious to try our 2nd IUI next week, not sure on the day...i guess we will find out on valentines day. thanks again for all the advice :happydance:

welcome saffiya! i hope you get your BFP soon!!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->