Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

i just finished my first round of clomid today. FXed it did something!

i feel a bit disheartened though. i didnt feel any different taking it, and i was expecting to get at least one side effect...is that normal? or a sign that it didnt work? im having a scan tuesday to see, but its taking ages! lol. impatient!

Hey pnut and nlk! Hope all of my clomid ladies are doing okay!

nlk - I've never really had any side effects with my Clomid and I'm on my sixth round. I tend to get a little moodier towards the end of the month and some cramps too. This is the first month that I have a few hot flashes!

It looks like I'm on CD 10 and the EWCM started today...that's way earlier so I guess we will BD tonight. We have decided to BD every other day and maybe a few days in a row when it gets closer to my actual fertile window :)

Hey beautifuls!:wave:
Hope all the Clomid ladies are having a good day!:flower:
And it's Wednesday... Hump Day!
Yay for EWCM!:happydance: Get to BD'g, IluvRedskins!:haha:
You go, girl!:winkwink:

And another BFP!:wohoo: Yay!
:happydance:Congratulations, Chloe!:yellow:
Wishing you a happy & healthy 9months!:cloud9::hugs:

Hey ladies,
I really need some advice...
Feeling blindsided here!:headspin:

Normally, I have ov pains @one side or the other.
Usually it's R side, but I get L side ov pain abt twice/yr.
This is my 1st round of Clomid, 100mg, cd3-7.

I don't temp b/c I work diff shifts in any given wk.
I haven't gotten a +OPK the last 2mo(I always used FR),
but I went by ov pain & EWCM.
I bought CB Digi OPK's & FR OPK's for this cycle.

Cd8-11 was a lot of watery CM. Cd11 (afternoon on)-cd12 was EWCM.

I started using OPK's @cd9 (both FR&CBDigi).
I used a pee cup, so tests were done @same time w/same urine.

On CD10 I got a smiley OPK but not until night (the FR was-).
On CD11 I got another smiley in the afternoon. No smiley @night. (FR's were - all day).
I had awful right ov pain cd12 & figured that was ov.
OV=cd12(?).

Cd13- nothing much. No CM. OPK's were -.

I had EWCM return on cd14.:shrug:
I just had to POAS!:haha:
I know you're not supp to keep POAS after you get a +, but... c'mon!:haha:
So, yup, I got left side ov pains & a smiley on the OPK in evening. (Only OPK test I took that day... was just curious. Now I'm clueless!):wacko:
OV=cd14(?).

I'm NOT being monitored w/US this cycle.
Just getting progesterone level checked 7dpo.

I have nothing else going on as far as pain, cramps, ...
I'm not sure what dpo I am:dohh: but it's cd15.

So, dear ladies...
has this happened to anyone else?
Should I be trying diff OPK's? (Is there a more reliable one?)

When should I go for my progesterone check?
(After 1st possible ov or 2nd?)
^This I really need to get right.:dohh:

At what point do I walk away from the OPK's?:haha:

Thanks for reading this. And TIA if you can help out here!

StorkWatcher - It's possible that you O'ed twice. Clomid sometimes makes ovaries overactive, and they will release more than one egg. Or, your body could have geared up to O the first time, but the egg wasn't released, and it tried again. I would say you O'ed twice being that you are on a higher dosage of clomid. Since you might have O'ed cd12 and cd14, why don't you just use cd13 as the date, and go off of that?

Yes yes! Cd13 is a happy middle ground!:winkwink:
I think I'll run w/that then.:thumbup:
I really didn't know if a day off target would affect the progesterone results.:shrug:

I wondered abt the "gearing up" too,
but since the 2nd wave was diff ovary,
I was seriously like "oh, you've got to be kidding!":haha:

Thank you, hon!:hugs:

i feel a bit disheartened though. i didnt feel any different taking it, and i was expecting to get at least one side effect...is that normal? or a sign that it didnt work? im having a scan tuesday to see, but its taking ages! lol. impatient!

Hey nik- im on 1dpo of my second clomid cycle , it was successfull in making me O last month (50mg,cd5-9), but we diddnt catch it!!! Anyhow, i had NO sysmpotoms while taking the pills at all, i was worried i was not working, towards ovulation i felt the 'full' tender, bloated feeling and sex was painful. Anecdotally, closer to O i had some headaches (but not too bad) very bad leg cramps, vivid dreams and tender breasts. In the latter part of the cycle these symptoms continued and i was hopefull it was pg symptoms, but was clomid!!

This cycle (50mg, cd2-6) again no symptoms during the first half of the cycle, and this time NO pain, fullness or tenderness at O- again this worried me, but i did get the headaches and leg cramps- and got EWCM and OPk positive with more ewcm at the opk predicted time. But i cant be sure i o'd untill i do the 21 day progesterone.

Anyway, all this to say, your not missing symptoms yet- and i think how much you take and your general body make up will make a difference to your personal response. I know a lady who had no symptoms and fell on her first cycle.

Fingers XX!!!

(Are you taking EPO and robitussen to help with ewcm incase the clomid dries u up?)s

Hello Ladies wanted to know if I could join in :)
I am going to be starting my second round of clomid as soon as AF shows up. I am currently taking provera 10mg x5days and I'm on day 3. I usually start AF 3 days after the last pill. I was dx'd with PCOS and did my 1st round of clomid 100mg in march. Went in for cd#14 u/s only had a 4.6mm follicle on left ovary. :cry: I was very disappointed I thought starting at 100mg would give me good results. So now I'm very excited to be starting Clomid 150mg cd 3-7 along with estradiol 2mg twice a day cd8-12. I will have a repeat u/s on cd#14. Hoping I get a mature follicle this time. Anyone have good results with Clomid 150mg second round? Good luck everyone and lots of :dust: to everyone :)

StorkWatcher - It's possible that you O'ed twice. Clomid sometimes makes ovaries overactive, and they will release more than one egg. Or, your body could have geared up to O the first time, but the egg wasn't released, and it tried again. I would say you O'ed twice being that you are on a higher dosage of clomid. Since you might have O'ed cd12 and cd14, why don't you just use cd13 as the date, and go off of that?

From what i read CD21 is usual, and its not that it has to be exaclty day 21, or exacty 7dpo, ts just that it has to be a few dpo- as after O, wether concpetion takes place or not the corpus lutum (Sp?) which covers the egg (like a shell) breaks down and triggers a rise in progesterone. This elevated Progesterone is what they look for, so it doesnt matter exaclty what day, so long as its about 48 hours after O, the progesterone should begin to rise- and stay elevated untill the end of the lutal phase, when pgstn drops again and this allows the uterine lining to destabalise and start to shed. i hope that helps,
:dust: :dust: :dust:

Hey nik- im on 1dpo of my second clomid cycle , it was successfull in making me O last month (50mg,cd5-9), but we diddnt catch it!!! Anyhow, i had NO sysmpotoms while taking the pills at all, i was worried i was not working, towards ovulation i felt the 'full' tender, bloated feeling and sex was painful. Anecdotally, closer to O i had some headaches (but not too bad) very bad leg cramps, vivid dreams and tender breasts. In the latter part of the cycle these symptoms continued and i was hopefull it was pg symptoms, but was clomid!!

This cycle (50mg, cd2-6) again no symptoms during the first half of the cycle, and this time NO pain, fullness or tenderness at O- again this worried me, but i did get the headaches and leg cramps- and got EWCM and OPk positive with more ewcm at the opk predicted time. But i cant be sure i o'd untill i do the 21 day progesterone.

Anyway, all this to say, your not missing symptoms yet- and i think how much you take and your general body make up will make a difference to your personal response. I know a lady who had no symptoms and fell on her first cycle.

Fingers XX!!!

(Are you taking EPO and robitussen to help with ewcm incase the clomid dries u up?)s

ahhh, fab! thanks! thats made me feel a bit better :haha: i think im overpanicking because the FS said he thinks im clomid resistant...before ive even started!

im 2 days post-clomid now, and have been having headaches, and seriously painful legs...and my dreams are much more vivid than i remember!! lol....and i just thought i was losing the plot :happydance:

im going to use OPKs to try and see, but i have an u/s booked for tuesday to see. i havent thought about trying robitussen or EPO....so may have to go stock up! thanks!!!

Be glad you didn't have side effects, I have hotflashes nonstop even after cd 9 I still have them ever sense my first round I have been having them. FX to you, baby dust too

Can I join, I'm taking 200mg of clomid starting today (hopefully the side effects are not that bad!!!) and if that does not work...off to the RE I go. I hope I don't have to go that far as it's soooooo expensive. Well, hopefully one of you is starting clomid tomorrow and we can talk to each other!

im going to use OPKs to try and see, but i have an u/s booked for tuesday to see. i havent thought about trying robitussen or EPO....so may have to go stock up! thanks!!!

Dont forget you only want the Robitussen with one ingredient- Guavenessin (i dont thinks thats the correct spelling)- sometimes they combine this with other ingredients wich dry up the mucus, you dont want that!!!:thumbup:

Well, some of you may remember me...I got pregnant in January of this year (for the second time...my first was a mmc last July), on my first cycle of Clomid 3-7, 50 mg. I miscarried that one soon after my BFP on February 8th, and have since been waiting to try again. I began taking a B-50 complex, baby aspirin, along with my prenatal vitamins right after I found out about my last miscarriage. Today, I began my Clomid, same days, same dose. So, I'm back in the saddle, so to speak.

Congrats to those of you who have recently got your BFP's! I pray they're all sticky beans! I'm hoping I get there soon again...with a pregnancy that makes it a full 9 months this time!

Well, some of you may remember me...I got pregnant in January of this year (for the second time...my first was a mmc last July), on my first cycle of Clomid 3-7, 50 mg. I miscarried that one soon after my BFP on February 8th, and have since been waiting to try again. I began taking a B-50 complex, baby aspirin, along with my prenatal vitamins right after I found out about my last miscarriage. Today, I began my Clomid, same days, same dose. So, I'm back in the saddle, so to speak.

Congrats to those of you who have recently got your BFP's! I pray they're all sticky beans! I'm hoping I get there soon again...with a pregnancy that makes it a full 9 months this time!

Sorry to hear about that babe, its a rocky raod isnt it?
:hugs::cry::hugs:

I am on my 3rd round of clomid, this being the first time on 100mg, and Im supposed to be doing an IUI as soon as I ovulate..however Im on CD 13 and nothing yet..I'm at the point of wanting to pull my hair out. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years, and have been seeing a FS for almost a year and a half. In that time, I have had 3 Laproscopic surgeries...Im trying really hard not to stress out, but its very hard..

Curleymumma, is that baby in your avatar yours? Either way, what GORGEOUS child! Oh my!!!

Can I join, I'm taking 200mg of clomid starting today (hopefully the side effects are not that bad!!!) and if that does not work...off to the RE I go. I hope I don't have to go that far as it's soooooo expensive. Well, hopefully one of you is starting clomid tomorrow and we can talk to each other!

Good luck! I'm on 100mg with an RE, but nothing else, so it isn't that expensive (yet). I'm in the fertile/ovulation stage. Here's hoping it works for both of us this month!

I started 50mg of Clomid this cycle (April 4th) on CD5-9 ..now i am on CD 15 with my temps still down but am feeling really crampy like my period is going to start.. has anyone felt this way before?? I should be ovulating soon so i am thinking thats all it is.

:dust: to all

I always have a lot of cramping with Clomid. I'm on my sixth cycle and sure enough it's back again :) I'm on CD 13, should O next week sometime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->