Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

If you take an OPK right after taking Clomid, it may show up +; however, you're supposed to begin testing CD12 (or 5 days after your last pill) and after until you get a positive. Clomid won't make the OPK be + that far after taking the pills unless you are actually ovulating.

Thanks for clarifying i knew it could get you a false positive..i didn't know all the details..i prefer temping over OPK:flower:

Hey Ladies,
I finished my last pill on tuesday april 10th, started OPKs thursday the 12th - friday the 13th - and saturday the 14th - sunday the 15th - and monday the 16 + and tuesday the 17th +. I see a lot of people saying clomid can give false positives but I didn't get a positive til 4 or 5 days later. I think its safe to say I am Ovulating. I pray to god I am really ovulating because i have this light pain in my left ovary.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/Boobookitty14eva/IMG_0051.jpg

Hello Everyone!!! I read this whole conversation yesterday at work, couldn’t stop!!! I hope it’s okay if I join in!!!

My name is Jackie and I’m 28, my husband calls me PuppyPrincess bc currently my 2 dogs are my babies!! Been off BCP for 8 months and have irregular periods 35 to 50 days. Went to Dr 2 months ago and she said next step was Clomid but wanted to wait since I can only be on it for a couple cycles. I have a call into her today, hoping she was prescribe it now. I have had 6 cycles with no O and it’s sad to not even get a + on a OPK test. Wish me luck that I will get started on Clomid this cycle once the Provera starts my AF.

I’m soooooooooo happy for this site and to see Clomid working for some ladies!!! Makes me have some hope!! WOW didn’t realize how hard TTC would be. Especially with 3 friends and my sister prego.

I have a couple questions if anyone could answer, my dr and the nurse act like I’m bothering them with my questions.

How many cycles is Clomid allowed without causing negative affects?

Any tests you’ve had to do prior to Clomid? Like testing egg quality?

How do I go about getting my DH tested for SA? Just want to rule that out early!!!

Hey Jackie!:flower: Welcome!

I have 2 fur babies also-- they sure do make life more grand, don't they!
DH & I love our big pups!

As far as your questions,
they really depend on the Dr you're seeing.:shrug:

Typically, Clomid isn't prescribed for more than 6 cycles.
Some will take a break so they can continue taking it though (that way it's not 6 continuous cycles).:winkwink:
Some Dr's won't prescribe it for more than 3 cycles (mine won't).:nope:

You should have tests before taking Clomid.:thumbup:
At the very least... labs (progesterone, thyroid, etc.) & a trans-vag US.
Some Dr's require HSG to make sure the fallopian tubes are working.
FSH testing is also protocol w/my doc before prescribing Clomid.
SA's are commonly done before prescribing Clomid.
Then again, you read where some Dr's will prescribe Clomid without tests beforehand or monitoring during.:dohh:

As far as an SA for your DH,
if you're seeing a FS/RE re TTC, your DH will have no problem getting a SA order.
Otherwise, your OBGYN (or Dr you're seeing) would probably write out an order for him.

Just want to make sure that you know...:hugs:
OPK's do not necessarily show ovulation.
A +ive OPK only signifies a LH surge.
A progesterone test 7 days past ovulation will show
if you've ovulated or not.
If you're unsure of ovulation date,
ask your Dr-- s/he may retest a few days later.
ETA: Dr may give you order for progesterone test say cd 18, cd 21, and cd24.

Hope this helps you in some way!:hugs:
GL & baby dust your way!:dust::dust::dust:

Hoping everyone here's doing great!
This has been the loooongest week!

When are you testing, curleymomma?
Got my fx for you!:hugs::dust::dust::dust:

Get BD'g, Pnutsprincess!:happydance:
Nice dark lines!:thumbup:

Hello Ladies,

I just finished my 4th round of 100mg clomid days 3-7. We tried for 2 years before looking at our options. Im 31 and DH is 37, so the clock is ticking. I started musinex and baby aspirin this month hoping it will get us that BFP.

I joined BNB and started reading all of the great post here and would love you join you all in your journey. I'm so thankful there is a site like this so some one actaully understands what we have been and will go through.

Hi Ladies! :wave: I've been reading this thread and I've gotten so attached to your stories and I'm so happy for all the BFP's!!
I would love to join you and hopefully get my very own BFP soon!

My DH and I have been TTC since August 2011 and we were NTNP for 2 months prior to that. I have had all my bloodwork/hormone tests and everything had come back normal. I had an abdominal & transvag ultrasound in February which was also normal. I have been temping/charting for about 8 cycles and it always shows that I'm ovulating but no BFP so far. My DH went in for a SA at the end of March and that too came back normal. My Doctor decided to put me on Clomid to boost my chances, and this is my first cycle on it. I took 50 mg CD 3-7 and

I'm currently on CD 18 and I think I ovulated on CD 12-13 due to ovulation pains and tons of EWCM but I was out of town and wasn't temping or using OPK's and now I'm not sure. I'm crampy today and my nipples have been super sensitive for a few days which is not normal for me. I'm sure it's the Clomid causing the odd symptoms but I didn't have any while taking the pills. My Doctor also said that the Clomid is out of your system by the time implantation occurs so there should be no Clomid side effects a week after the last pill.

So sorry for the long post but I am totally new to meds and since I've always had a pretty regular cycle, I feel a little lost at the moment. I'm going into the Doctor this Friday for a progesterone test and hopefully it confirms ovulation.

Is there anyone on Clomid here who is ovulating fine on their own? And if so, did the Clomid mess up your cycle/body?

Hello everyone! I am hoping to join this thread and share my story and hear from others!

I am on my 1st round of 50mg Clomid. I am also taking 1500mg Metformin (I have PCOS). I am hoping to be one of the lucky ones with a pregnancy from only 1 month!! My doctor has been amazing! I am truly thankful I found him! I haven't ovulated since I have been TTC (about 13 months). I had to take Provera to get my cycle to start I was going on CD 40. I LOVE Provera! For some reason it made me super happy! My cycle started about 2 days after my last pill on provera 10pm Mar 31st. (I count from Apr 1st). So I took clomid CD3-7. I just used OPKs. (I can't temp for the life of me) On Sunday CD15 I got my 1st positive OPK since TTC!!!!!! I was sooo excited when I saw that smiley face!!! So yesterday, CD16 should have been "O" Day! I go into the doctor on Friday to get my Progesterone test. It will only be CD 20 but CD 21 is a Saturday. So for now I am just waiting!

Some extra info:

DH got his SA done and was great 140m!!!!! only 50% mobility, but that is still 70m!! My doctor told him to not get a big head about it!! haha

I didn't get my HSG test done b/c I am allergic to shellfish and apparently that makes me allergic to the dye they use as well! Crazy!

If anyone has any questions just ask! I love talking about this!

:dust:

Hello Ladies,

I just finished my 4th round of 100mg clomid days 3-7. We tried for 2 years before looking at our options. Im 31 and DH is 37, so the clock is ticking. I started musinex and baby aspirin this month hoping it will get us that BFP.

I joined BNB and started reading all of the great post here and would love you join you all in your journey. I'm so thankful there is a site like this so some one actaully understands what we have been and will go through.

If your interested in quick help things- you could add EPO first half of cycle (improves EWCM) as well as vit E (improves egg qulaity).

Good luck, were all in this togethr!

Hello everyone! I am hoping to join this thread and share my story and hear from others!

I am on my 1st round of 50mg Clomid. I am also taking 1500mg Metformin (I have PCOS). I am hoping to be one of the lucky ones with a pregnancy from only 1 month!! My doctor has been amazing! I am truly thankful I found him! I haven't ovulated since I have been TTC (about 13 months). I had to take Provera to get my cycle to start I was going on CD 40. I LOVE Provera! For some reason it made me super happy! My cycle started about 2 days after my last pill on provera 10pm Mar 31st. (I count from Apr 1st). So I took clomid CD3-7. I just used OPKs. (I can't temp for the life of me) On Sunday CD15 I got my 1st positive OPK since TTC!!!!!! I was sooo excited when I saw that smiley face!!! So yesterday, CD16 should have been "O" Day! I go into the doctor on Friday to get my Progesterone test. It will only be CD 20 but CD 21 is a Saturday. So for now I am just waiting!

Some extra info:

DH got his SA done and was great 140m!!!!! only 50% mobility, but that is still 70m!! My doctor told him to not get a big head about it!! haha

I didn't get my HSG test done b/c I am allergic to shellfish and apparently that makes me allergic to the dye they use as well! Crazy!

Good luck babe, sounds great!

Well, I got my day 21 prog results back yesterday and BAM! I ovulated!!! Yay! :happydance:

Okay, so who else is doing the 2ww? For me it's more like a 1ww as I test next wed the 25th. Anyone else waiting? Going crazy like me? :coffee: What I do is get really neurotic about exposure to chemicals and pesticides and 2nd hand smoke. I'll be a complete basket case when I finally am pregnant!

Well, I got my day 21 prog results back yesterday and BAM! I ovulated!!! Yay! :happydance:

Okay, so who else is doing the 2ww? For me it's more like a 1ww as I test next wed the 25th. Anyone else waiting? Going crazy like me? :coffee: What I do is get really neurotic about exposure to chemicals and pesticides and 2nd hand smoke. I'll be a complete basket case when I finally am pregnant! :blush:

Hi Ladies! :wave: I've been reading this thread and I've gotten so attached to your stories and I'm so happy for all the BFP's!!

My DH and I have been TTC since August 2011 and we were NTNP for 2 months prior to that. I have had all my bloodwork/hormone tests and everything had come back normal. I had an abdominal & transvag ultrasound in February which was also normal. I have been temping/charting for about 8 cycles and it always shows that I'm ovulating but no BFP so far. My DH went in for a SA at the end of March and that too came back normal. My Doctor decided to put me on Clomid to boost my chances, and this is my first cycle on it. I took 50 mg CD 3-7 and

I'm currently on CD 18 and I think I ovulated on CD 12-13 due to ovulation pains and tons of EWCM but I was out of town and wasn't temping or using OPK's and now I'm not sure. I'm crampy today and my nipples have been super sensitive for a few days which is not normal for me. I'm sure it's the Clomid causing the odd symptoms but I didn't have any while taking the pills. My Doctor also said that the Clomid is out of your system by the time implantation occurs so there should be no Clomid side effects a week after the last pill.

So sorry for the long post but I am totally new to meds and since I've always had a pretty regular cycle, I feel a little lost at the moment. I'm going into the Doctor this Friday for a progesterone test and hopefully it confirms ovulation.

Is there anyone on Clomid here who is ovulating fine on their own? And if so, did the Clomid mess up your cycle/body?

I took clomid this month and ovulate regularly even though i have PCOS..he wanted to increase my chances.
Around ovulation time clomid makes my stomach feel really bloated and alot of pressure/pain especially lower right ...now i am on CD 19 and nipples are very tender; but no other symptoms.

Some extra info:

I am also allergic the shellfish too; they were able to do the HSG test bc the dye they use now doesn't affect you if you are allergic to iodine...i would ask about that to be safe bc i had the worst doctor who prescribed me Clomid without doing any followup work and i had endometriosis so bad that my right tube was blocked and left ovary behind my uterus

Good luck..i don't want anyone to go through what i had too

Hello Ladies,

If your interested in quick help things- you could add EPO first half of cycle (improves EWCM) as well as vit E (improves egg qulaity).

What is EPO? I'm up for trying just about anything at this point!

Hello Ladies,

evening primrose oil

Hello Ladies,

its evening primrose oil :thumbup: good luck!! but remember DO NOT use it after you have ovulated....its only for the first half of your cycle! i think its something to do with possibly making your uterus contract, which could cause miscarriage.

im glad youre finding the site so helpful - its so nice to have people to share all this with!

I took clomid this month and ovulate regularly even though i have PCOS..he wanted to increase my chances.
Around ovulation time clomid makes my stomach feel really bloated and alot of pressure/pain especially lower right ...now i am on CD 19 and nipples are very tender; but no other symptoms.

Thank you so much Hun! I'm so new to clomid and since I wasn't doing any of my normal temping/OPK's I feel so clueless! I definately feel more bloated than normal and crampy and my nipples are still super sore and sensitive. I guess that's normal for clomid though. I don't really think this is my month and I don't feel pregnant at all but who knows? F'xed I actually ovulated when I think I did and there is a bun cooking in the oven :winkwink:

:dust: to all the upcoming testers!!

Hello Ladies,

its evening primrose oil :thumbup: good luck!! but remember DO NOT use it after you have ovulated....its only for the first half of your cycle! i think its something to do with possibly making your uterus contract, which could cause miscarriage.

im glad youre finding the site so helpful - its so nice to have people to share all this with!

Its a little late for me to try this round BUT there is always next month if we don't catch it this month!!! Thanks

Okay, so who else is doing the 2ww? For me it's more like a 1ww as I test next wed the 25th. Anyone else waiting? Going crazy like me? :coffee: What I do is get really neurotic about exposure to chemicals and pesticides and 2nd hand smoke. I'll be a complete basket case when I finally am pregnant!

YYYAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! :happydance:
I'm not to the 2ww just yet but should be anyday now.
Lots of luck to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->