Clomid Failure

Redberry, I noticed that you are doing acupuncture. What does that do to help with fertility?

Well, I had my acupuncture appt yesterday. Jackie was really nice and very well informed. She told me that she was confident she could regulate my cycle (i.e. make me ovulate) with weekly sessions for 3 months! :thumbup: Here's hoping...

The acupuncture itself was fine. Not unpleasant, but I didn't feel any different afterwards. I did feel really tired in the evening though, and had cramps in my stomach, as she'd told me I might.

I was reminded to eat more fruit, veg, nuts and seeds and less sugar, to drink more water and to stay off the caffeine and booze (which I'm doing anyway). She also recommended a multivitamin suplement - Fertility Plus for women (also available for men) - and a book - 'Getting Pregnant Faster' (all available online at The Natural Health Practice).

Fingers crossed...

I'm on cd23 and still don't have a +++ opk. :( This mornings was pretty close though. I only have 2 tests left.

I am on day 18...and no positive OPK yet. What is the latest day in your cycle that you can ovulate? I had a mature egg on my ultrasounds, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Redberry, thank you for sharing about your acupuncture appointment. I was thinking about doing that also. Do you mind sharing what the cost is on one session? Thanks!

I'm on cd23 and still don't have a +++ opk. :( This mornings was pretty close though. I only have 2 tests left.

I am on day 18...and no positive OPK yet. What is the latest day in your cycle that you can ovulate? I had a mature egg on my ultrasounds, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Redberry, thank you for sharing about your acupuncture appointment. I was thinking about doing that also. Do you mind sharing what the cost is on one session? Thanks!

I think it depends on the length of your cycle and your normal luteal phase how late you can ovulate. I don't know much about it though.

Acupuncture with Jackie is £50 for the first session and £40 for all others, so to go every week for 3 months costs about £500.

I'll let you know what happens...

Day 20, and I had another negative OPK....I'm thinking I didn't ovulate again this cycle.

Do any of you know if you can request injectable medications or IUI? I'm only on my second month of clomid, but I'm already taking 150 mg, and it doesn't seem to be working to make me ovulate. Beginning July 1, I will have new insurance that will cover both of these things. I have just heard that you have to try clomid for 6 months before moving on to other treatments. I'm getting really tired of waiting for something to happen!

Day 20, and I had another negative OPK....I'm thinking I didn't ovulate again this cycle.

Do any of you know if you can request injectable medications or IUI? I'm only on my second month of clomid, but I'm already taking 150 mg, and it doesn't seem to be working to make me ovulate. Beginning July 1, I will have new insurance that will cover both of these things. I have just heard that you have to try clomid for 6 months before moving on to other treatments. I'm getting really tired of waiting for something to happen!

I know how you feel. I'm on cd27 of my third clomid cycle (150mg). I stopped opking on cd25. I never got a for sure positive. Just close. :( I'm so ready to move on to something else because this obviously isn't working. 3 cycles of clomid and no ovulation!!!! I am getting impatient.

Mommyagain,
Did you have a progesterone test done on day 21? I did today, and the results will be in tomorrow. I'm also feeling impatient. Today was a long day of waiting, since I had the blood test at 8:00 AM. I wish I could get the results instantly, instead of waiting until tomorrow afternoon! Have you discussed with your doctor what the next option is for you?

Liz

Mommyagain,
Did you have a progesterone test done on day 21? I did today, and the results will be in tomorrow. I'm also feeling impatient. Today was a long day of waiting, since I had the blood test at 8:00 AM. I wish I could get the results instantly, instead of waiting until tomorrow afternoon! Have you discussed with your doctor what the next option is for you?

Liz

My bloodwork was cancelled this month because of my long af. And the previous two months it was 4.36 and 0.55 on cd21. So I have had no confirmed ovulation. In on cd30 today and no af and BFN. I'm going to test again this weekend though because IF I ovulated it was around cd23.

My doctor hasnt discussed what other options I might have. Back in February when he prescribed clomid he was very confident I would conceive on it. It's not looking so good to me. :( :( :(

I wish I could just get pregnant!!!!!! I'm sooo sick of the waiting...

So, I had my day 21 blood test done on Monday. Tuesday, I got the test results back and my progesterone was at 3.5. I am doing my 2nd cycle of clomid at 150 mg. During my first cycle of clomid, my progesterone was at 2.7, and they said I did not ovulate. This time, they said I could have ovulated since my progesterone level was above 3. On the internet, I have read that progesterone levels should be above 7 or 10 or even 15 to show ovulation. Has your doctor said what level your progesterone should be at?

Mommyagain, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and really hope you get some good news. It can be really difficult waiting. It feels like we are always waiting in this infertility process. Waiting to ovulate, or waiting to get our period, or waiting to do a pregnancy test. It is really hard.

So, I had my day 21 blood test done on Monday. Tuesday, I got the test results back and my progesterone was at 3.5. I am doing my 2nd cycle of clomid at 150 mg. During my first cycle of clomid, my progesterone was at 2.7, and they said I did not ovulate. This time, they said I could have ovulated since my progesterone level was above 3. On the internet, I have read that progesterone levels should be above 7 or 10 or even 15 to show ovulation. Has your doctor said what level your progesterone should be at?

Mommyagain, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and really hope you get some good news. It can be really difficult waiting. It feels like we are always waiting in this infertility process. Waiting to ovulate, or waiting to get our period, or waiting to do a pregnancy test. It is really hard.

I was told that it 16-28 was possible ovulation and 28+ was definite ovulation, but someone else told me that she'd been told 10 showed ovulation. No-one really seemed terribly sure, to be honest. I can't imagine why it's so complicated. Very frustrating.

Thinking of you both. :hugs: :hugs:

hi ladies. i just stumbled on this thread. i am like alot of you and take provera to induce af every month, then i am on my second month of clomid. 50 mg didn't work for me last cycle, so i got bumped up to 100 mg. i'm on cd 14 with neg opks so far. i am negative for pcos, so doc is not sure why i don't get af or ovulate. my tickers has me o'ing in 3 days, so we will see. fingers crossed. :winkwink:

I have done 5 rounds of Clomid, I ovulated on two of them (150 mg), but not on my last round of 150 mg. I just saw an RE last week and I'm going to be starting Femara on my next cycle. Now I'm taking Provera, just waiting on AF.

lizard- In the US they generally like to see progesterone at a 10 or above. In the UK it's above 30. It's different because the measurements that are used are different. I HAVE read many places that a 5 or above can indicate a weak ovulation.

Lesley, Have you ovulated yet? How is everything going for you?

Wanting, Thank you for the information. I'm not sure why different doctors/websites say different things about the progesterone test. I saw that you said you ovulated twice on clomid, when you ovulated, did you know because of a positive OPK or because of your progesterone test? I am also taking provera, waiting for af. Then I will try clomid for the third time.

Anyone else with news? Good luck to you all.

Cd35 and still BFN. Doc told me to start my provera and then take my clomid again. I'm not feeling positive about clomid even making me ovulate. I've taken three cycles and not ovulated yet. Why would it work the fourth time... :(

Cd35 and still BFN. Doc told me to start my provera and then take my clomid again. I'm not feeling positive about clomid even making me ovulate. I've taken three cycles and not ovulated yet. Why would it work the fourth time... :(

I am feeling the same way. My doctor gave me 6 refills of clomid, and I haven't ovulate yet. I will start round 3 of clomid after provera gives my af. I do not have another appointment scheduled with my RE. Do any of you have regular appointments scheduled with the doctor, or is it just when they want to do a blood test or ultrasound? I haven't even met with the doctor since before we started this whole process. They nurses always do ultrasounds or blood tests.

Another question: Has anyone heard of going to see a chiropractor for infertility issues? My cousin was TTC for over two years, and she suggested that I go to a chiropractor to see if there were any problems there.

She said that she had an X-Ray done, and the doctor saw a slight form of scoliosis, and some of the bones in her back were putting pressure on her ovaries and this may be causing her hormones not to do what they are supposed to do.

Well she saw the chiropractor for 3 months, every other week, and now she is pregnant. She was also on femara and doing IUI, so I'm not sure how much help the chiropractor was. Has anyone else heard stories of going to the chiropractor to help with infertility?

i feel the same way about the clomid. the doc wrote for 3 refills of the 100 mg....it is not working so far, so why bother?

i messed up my neck and back about a month ago....and when i was waiting on the chiropractor, i was reading a chart in the room i was in. infertility was on it.....it had the vertebrae marked that could affect it. who would have thought???

Lesley, Have you ovulated yet? How is everything going for you?

Wanting, Thank you for the information. I'm not sure why different doctors/websites say different things about the progesterone test. I saw that you said you ovulated twice on clomid, when you ovulated, did you know because of a positive OPK or because of your progesterone test? I am also taking provera, waiting for af. Then I will try clomid for the third time.

Anyone else with news? Good luck to you all.

I had positive OPKs and ovulation was confirmed with progesterone bloodwork.

I would have never thought of going to a chiropractor to help with infertility.

well 150mg clomid hasnt worked for me docs ringing me tmz to discuss options x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->