• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Failure

thank you gilrs im just not sure what they will do next will know tommrow just worried because the waiting times for things take so long x

Well my doc rang me and said there Is anthoer drug to try then ovarin drilling :( i think iv lost hope for tablets working think i need the op x

Well my doc rang me and said there Is anthoer drug to try then ovarin drilling :( i think iv lost hope for tablets working think i need the op x

Good luck! :hugs:

Just out of interest, what's the drug they've given you now?

how are you finding it what doses are there of it also chuffed cancelltion got an appoitment thursday :D :D

So far, so good! I'm on my fourth dose of it and haven't noticed any side effects so far. Normally on Clomid I would have headaches/bad hot flashes/dizziness/mood swings by now.

I'm taking 5 mg CD 3-7. My RE said he usually starts out at 2.5 mg, but since I had gone up to 150 mg of Clomid he started me on the middle of the road dose. He said he will take it up to 7.5 mg if necessary.

I have heard GREAT things about letrozole compared to Clomid and my RE said he actually prefers it. The side effects are typically not as bad, he said he sees better success with it than Clomid, and it doesn't stay in your body as long as Clomid does, so that's a great thing too.

Good luck with it! We'll have to keep each other updated. There are lots of Clomid threads but very few letrozole ones.

Yeah inoticed that :/ Thank you for the luck Sounds good Is It stronger than clomid or works in a diff way x

I'm not sure that it's necessarily stronger than Clomid, but my RE told me that he has better success with it. A lot of women who didn't respond well to Clomid do respond to letrozole. From what I understand they do work similarly.

Interesting. I wonder why my gynae didn't offer me that when she saw the Clomid wasn't working...

ah i see did you not ovulate on clomid i didnt :(
I ovulated twice on 150 mg but not on my last round which is when my OB/GYN referred me to an RE.

Interesting. I wonder why my gynae didn't offer me that when she saw the Clomid wasn't working...
Some doctors don't prescribe it because it isn't approved for infertility. It's actually a breast cancer drug.

I wish my doc would give an alternative to clomid. It's a big flop for me. I actually am seeing a chiropractor who does acupuncture and herbs as well. I went Monday for my first appt. I had a 20 min acupuncture appt and was given crampbark and false unicorn herb to take 40 drops three times a day. (along with my 150mg cd5-9 of clomid) I went Tuesday for another acupuncture appt. They also took pics of my tounge to see what other herbs I will be taking. I go tomorrow for acupuncture and to find out what other herbs to take. They are also going to teach me some breathing exercises and yoga moves. This doctor knows all about my clomid and assured me it could be taken along side these herbs. I just need to follow instructions to a tee.

Today is cd44 for me. I'm taking provera as well to bring on af. I'm ready for my next cycle!!!!

hiya i had my appointment shes sending me for a scan and depending on the results it will either be the injections or ovarian drilling with lap n dye to check my tubes x

I wish my doc would give an alternative to clomid. It's a big flop for me. I actually am seeing a chiropractor who does acupuncture and herbs as well. I went Monday for my first appt. I had a 20 min acupuncture appt and was given crampbark and false unicorn herb to take 40 drops three times a day. (along with my 150mg cd5-9 of clomid) I went Tuesday for another acupuncture appt. They also took pics of my tounge to see what other herbs I will be taking. I go tomorrow for acupuncture and to find out what other herbs to take. They are also going to teach me some breathing exercises and yoga moves. This doctor knows all about my clomid and assured me it could be taken along side these herbs. I just need to follow instructions to a tee.

Today is cd44 for me. I'm taking provera as well to bring on af. I'm ready for my next cycle!!!!

I'm feeling great having acupuncture. I'm not whether it's the acupuncture itself (I've only had 3 sessions so far), the fact that the acupuncturist is so lovely and interested (especially compared to the gynae) or the fact that I feel like I'm being proactive and choosing my own path of treatment, but I don't really care! All I know is that I'm much more relaxed and I'm feeling really positive. I'd recommend it to everyone!

I'm not taking herbs, just vitamins and making a few alterations to my diet. I'd be interested to know whether the herbs work for you.

Good luck and lots of baby dust! :dust:

So sorry that Clomid isn't working out for you. :cry: Maybe you could ask your doctor about giving Femara a try?

hiya i had my appointment shes sending me for a scan and depending on the results it will either be the injections or ovarian drilling with lap n dye to check my tubes x

Good luck hon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->