Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

Hey ladies <3 Do you mind if I join you over here? I don't have a bfp yet but feel in limbo between the two boards and if you don't mind I'd like to join over here even though I'm still TTC. I promise not to overpost or bother too much :) And everything pregnancy doesn't bother me at all, I love seeing your updates and hearing about your growing babies and find myself reading over here more than over on the new thread. I hope it's okay if I stay <3

I'm on my 4th cy of Clomid. First was 50mg and the next three have been 100mg. Finally O'd last cy on Clomid but bd timing wasn't the greatest. Good news is that my body had an af on its own and I didn't have to take Provera to start it and that is a huge accomplishment because I NEVER get af on my own. My dr also started me back on metformin again, I haven't been on this since I got pregnant with my last dd which was 5 years ago. The metformin has been really awful to my body this week and I've been pretty sick every time I take it. I'm on cd 5 right now but af was super light this month, do you think the Clomid is affecting my uterine lining? I have barely bled on a pad and mostly only been when I wiped, I only had two days of red blood the other 3 days have been brown. My dr will be giving me a cd 21 progesterone test so we can make sure my progesterone is reaching pregnancy capability. Dh and I have agreed to dtd like we did on my last bfp chart which is every other day from cd 10-14 and then every day cd 14-22! Hoping it works, it would put me with an edd around Christmas and as he's a teacher the timing would be convenient :)

Four, you are very welcome here, and you are very welcome to ask for advice or vent, or whatever it is you want to do. No rules here :)

I am a bit dramatic with the pregnancy, but I think its because its the first one, so if that doesnt bother you, then we are all good LOL ;)

As for the Clomid, I had heavier periods on Clomid amd definately more painfull. Maybe it could be thining your lining. Have you asked your dr to do an U/s after you Od? My lining was 11mm on CD 24 on the cycle that I Od, which I was very pleased with and it reassured me. Perhaps it is something you might look at? And I agree about PROVERA, its the worst, kind of funny now I am on Prog thats 10 times worse than provera lol. I hope this has helped? And I hope to see your BFP here soon :D

Ugh afm, DH and I have been having a lot of fights today, and ofcourse I start to cry the whole time, he likes to blame my hormones, but honestly, I jist didnt feel all too well today. Hopefully tomorow goes better.

Thank you Nita that helps! I never have had heavy periods anyhow so it doesn't cause me too much concern, I'll ask about an ultrasound though when I call her for blood work. I love to answer preg questions too since I've had two babies ;)

Sorry you are so emotional, the hormones are trying to find a way to level out at your point in pregnancy so I think what you are feeling is pretty normal. Sending you big :hug:

Four2five, like Nita said you're more than welcome here. No rules! Just as long as you don't mind the odd bit of complaining from us haha. I'm sure you'll be here with your third little bump in no time anyway!!

I conceived on metformin and Clomid. I don't know if metformin made any difference but I figured it would be hurting my chances. The side effects aren't fun. I started really slowly and took 1 pill every 2 days and slowly as I could manage I increased it. Do you have insulin resistance? I don't so I didn't really need it and it didn't matter so much if I took it slowly. It might help with the side effects.

Ugh, provera sucks. I was so excited when I got AF after my 100mg round of Clomid too. Partly because it meant it had worked but partly because it meant I didn't need to take provera again. I feel for Nita and TTC taking progesterone now. What we have to go through!

My AF after Clomid was heavy and painful. I would be wondering about whether your lining was really thin too. Maybe run it past your nurse or like Nita said, get a scan after you ovulate. I didn't have any monitoring (except CD 21 test) on Clomid so I'm not sure what's really involved in all of that.

That BDing plan sounds good. Do you know when you ovulated last cycle? We went every day and just by chance twice on the day I ovulated. We found out in the TWW that my husband's motility wasn't great so I had written it all off and we were ready to start IUI. I still can't believe it but we got out BFP that cycle!

Nita, I'm sorry about the fights. I remember having a few early on too. Just be kind to yourself. It's hard work growing a baby, especially in the first trimester.

AFM, my chest is feeling heaps better today and yesterday, DH felt the baby kick for the first time!!!

I am so glad your chest are feeling better Sarah, wow you had it pretty rough so far :nope: and great that your DH felt the kicks, how exciting.

My OB said Metformin is really good for helping ovulation, I dont know, I dont have PCOS or insullin resistance and if I took metformin once a week it was a lot, the side effects was horrible.

I guess our fights was legit as I told DH I want to cancel our holiday trip end of the month, and he went crazy about I can predict the future and already know I will feel horrible then :shrug:

Hi Four! Super happy to have you join us!

Sarah so happy about the kicks and glad you're doing a little better!

Nita I'm sorry. Fighting is so hard especially with all the hormones. Men sometimes don't fully understand how gross and physically bad we feel. It's no excuse, but it helps to know he just doesn't get it.

I'm having terrible cramps and diarrhea tonight! Nita did your doctor tell you anything about the diarrhea you had?

Oh no TTC, she said it was most likely just a bug, and then she gave me the name of things I can for it, and after that it stopped. She did however say that diarrhea can dehydrate you and lots of fliuds like sport drinks or flat ginger ale is very good to drink.

Thanks TTC. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish. Diarrhea in pregnancy seems to be a weird one that comes and goes. I agree, drink heaps of water. If either of you get too dehydrated go to your doctor. After I had IV fluids I felt so much better.

So tomorrow is the first day of my sick leave/maternity leave. I'm going to crochet a blanket and also make a quilt for the baby this week. I'll slowly work through the house having a good clean out. It feels weird to be nesting this early haha. I was feeling bored this afternoon so who knows how I'm going to cope these next few months.

DH felt kicks again this morning. He loves it haha. I've noticed the evenings that the baby is more active I feel more stretching and then wake up with a bigger bump. So let's hope I pop tomorrow.

Also I found out a friend of mine who lives just over an hour away is due the day before me!

Thank you guys. It's stopped for now but I'm just freaking out now of course. With my miscarriages I had diarrhea before they started. I'm sure it's just a pregnancy thing but still scary to me.

Ttc I read about a lot of women having diarrhea after a few days of being constipated. Everything will be fine <3 if it doesnt stop rather talk your doctor just incase.

I just saw something on our scans (I like looking at it, weird right?) on the one scan it looks like baby is looking down and on the other one it looks like baby is looking at us :o how amazing

Thanks Nita. That makes me feel better. So far my stomach is fine today. I'm not really nauseous either but been taking meds for it so I shouldn't worry. I ate some toast and drinking some tea. We should go to church this morning but I'm not sure I'm up to going out of the house. Part of me thinks it's good to get my boys out but part wants to just stay here! Lol!

Aww I think it's sweet you keep looking at your scan! I love looking at mine too! I'm getting another scan Wednesday but no pictures printed at that one. &#10084;

Oh, you must be enjoying all the scans? I am sure it reassures you too.

My OB said no need for her to see me more than once a month for now, lol so guess who is starting to panic again? I feel that my symptoms are starting to ease up too, makes me nervous but glad not to want to sleep the whole time haha. Getting constipated again as well, thank you progesterone!

My next scan is 3 weeks and 3 days from today(you can see I am counting the days haha)

Haha I understand the panic between scans. If it weren't for all my losses I'd only be seen once a month as well.
My OB said symptoms can start to ease off around week 9! So maybe we are both going to start having more good days than bad &#10084;

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been mia lately. Just started a new job and it's sure taking it's toll. I'm so glad you both have had good scans lately. That's amazing! I'm still feeling like garbage but I'm glad to hear that symptoms start to ease up around nine weeks. Fingers crossed that's what happens for me! Found out last night that SIL is also pregnant and due the day after me. She's a bit weIrd about that kind of thing so I wish it was a bit further apart but that's okay

Ttc, I thinknthe fact that I slept 12 hours last night makes a difference, but I feel I suddenly have a bit of energy. I did the ironing, dishes and made is a fancy proper dinner for a change. It does seem like the 9 week thing is kicking in, I also read that the symptoms can peak around this time :/ my boobs are barely sore again today, however I still have a lot of heartburn. But I cant seem to stop worrying if my monkey is ok. How are feeling in terms of symptoms?

SweetPea, happy every thing is still going ok your side. You are my hero though, starting a new job in early pregnancy, I hope it goes well :) sorry about your SIL, I can just imagine how weird that is.

Initially I had diarrhoea every day until about 7-8 weeks. The last week I've had it first thing in the morning but then been fine. All the crazy hormones. I'm not complaining at the moment though, it's better than not going for a week!

Nita, how cute about your scan. I'm not sure if I shared my 12 week scan. I'll upload it shortly. TTC lucky you getting all the scans (obviously not lucky why you're getting them!). From 26 weeks I get more frequent ones. It's really the only perk of being high risk haha.

At your next appointment Nita the OB will probably be able to use a doppler. Ovia told me the other day you could hear the heartbeat with just a stethoscope!

Welcome back sweetpea. Shame you also have to share some of the baby limelight with your SIL :(. Our families are quite excited. On my side of the family it's the first baby in 14 years!

I definitely felt better at 9 weeks but I read that's typically when symptoms ramp up a bit. But who knows. We are all different. Try not to stress too much Nita!

Here's our 7 week sea monkey

https://i63.tinypic.com/2eyh0si.jpg

And here's our 12 week baby haha

https://i65.tinypic.com/oh36ko.jpg

Only 15 more days until our 20 week scan and we find out what we are having!

Four2five, like Nita said you're more than welcome here. No rules! Just as long as you don't mind the odd bit of complaining from us haha. I'm sure you'll be here with your third little bump in no time anyway!!

I conceived on metformin and Clomid. I don't know if metformin made any difference but I figured it would be hurting my chances. The side effects aren't fun. I started really slowly and took 1 pill every 2 days and slowly as I could manage I increased it. Do you have insulin resistance? I don't so I didn't really need it and it didn't matter so much if I took it slowly. It might help with the side effects.

Ugh, provera sucks. I was so excited when I got AF after my 100mg round of Clomid too. Partly because it meant it had worked but partly because it meant I didn't need to take provera again. I feel for Nita and TTC taking progesterone now. What we have to go through!

My AF after Clomid was heavy and painful. I would be wondering about whether your lining was really thin too. Maybe run it past your nurse or like Nita said, get a scan after you ovulate. I didn't have any monitoring (except CD 21 test) on Clomid so I'm not sure what's really involved in all of that.

That BDing plan sounds good. Do you know when you ovulated last cycle? We went every day and just by chance twice on the day I ovulated. We found out in the TWW that my husband's motility wasn't great so I had written it all off and we were ready to start IUI. I still can't believe it but we got out BFP that cycle!

Nita, I'm sorry about the fights. I remember having a few early on too. Just be kind to yourself. It's hard work growing a baby, especially in the first trimester.

AFM, my chest is feeling heaps better today and yesterday, DH felt the baby kick for the first time!!!

Thank you! I ovulated on cd 17 last cy, hoping it's a little sooner this cy but we will see. The cy I conceived my last dd I O'd on cd 21 and got preg so who knows!

The metformin seems to be working in my system better, still sends me to the bathroom often but the nausea and headaches and stomach aches are all gone :) I am borderline insulin resistant.

Fingers crossed this is your cycle! Are you back on 100mg of Clomid this cycle? Crazy how it didn't work round 2 but did on round 3. I'm gladness you're doing ok on metformin. When you were pregnant, when did you do the GTT and how many did you do? I wasn't insulin resistant prepregnancy but my midwife wants me to do 3 GTT. She said I can check in with my OB at the end of the month to confirm that.

Sarah yes I am doing 100mg Clomid plus 500mg metformin 2X a day. If I remember correctly the gtt is around 28 weeks. My first pregnancy I had no issues at all (I was 23) but my second pregnancy (I was 31) I had gestational diabetes but was never put on meds and just controlled it with diet super easily. I expect I will have it again next time too but it all just depends on how much of a pain my body wants to be lol. Both of my pregnancies I lost 25 and 36 lbs while pregnant, due to such severe hyperemesis gravidarum. My first dd I was sick till 6 months and my second dd I was sick till I gave birth, both times weighing less at birth than I did the day I got pregnant...trust me I was the queen of pregnancy complaining because I was sooooo sick and miserable!! I'm not extremely overweight or anything, I could lose 20-30lbs and be super fit but I love food too much :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->