Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Hi Ladies, mind if I join? I'm on my first cycle of Clomid 100 mg from CD5-9. Now is my CD18 and I'm so confused! I did OPKs and they were + on days 14 and 15 at night but - in the mornings both days?.. EWCM wasn't good, although I read Clomid dries it out.. And I haven't had a temperature increase, so I'm a little worried I didn't (or haven't) ovulated? Any thoughts?
Ps. Excuse my English, it's not my primary language :)

Hi I would like to join. I just took my first round of Clomid this month and am now doing opks to watch for ovulation! Has anyone using clomid also used it with a CBFM? I am and wondering how big of a difference it can make or if you still got peaks while using clomid?

:dust:

horseypants- Thank you for posting that. I sometimes only get to quickly skim over posts. I understand how you feel. It is hard to hear from some women who already have children especially when you don't have any.

To all the ladies on this thread that do have children- I don't think that anyone was really trying to upset you. I feel for you and the difficulty you may be having TTC. Please try to understand that we do want to offer you support, but at the same time it can be upsetting at times.

Welcome krusk and LittleLuLu! :)

I guess I answered my own question. I got my high reading on my CBFM this morning. :happydance: I am CD12 right now so maybe things are getting back to normal for me. My cycles haven't been normal lately.

lots of :sex: this week. Not sure how accurate it is since I am using the clomid, but will keep you all posted.

:dust: to all of you ladies!

1st month using clomid to increase the # of mature follicles, I feel the same as every other month, very new to this whole thing as this is my 1st

Welcome to all the new ladies :hi:

For me, the fact louimum already has a child didn't bother me too much; it is bumps and babies that right now I find difficult to talk about/be around. I totally understand that others feel differently; all entitled to feel how we feel about any given situation. I know there is no intent on either side to cause any upset or pain; just hope everyone can stay friends :hugs:

Krusk - if you've not had a temp increase then you most likely haven't ovulated. I don't know about the OPKs, could be that your body is currently trying to ovulate but not quite making it, thus giving you a few LH surges. We're all different of course but for me, 50mg did not make me ovulate til CD31. Very disappointing :(

Hello, my husband and I are TTC, and we just finished our first round of 50mg Clomid. I took day 5-9 and then went in on day 26 for my progesterone test. I just got the result yest, and will be starting round 2 of clomid, 100mg next Cycle. I have read some great success stories, and am really praying and keeping hope!

good luck to you! Are you aware of any "wifes tales" that can help to ovulate? If so Id love some advice!

:)

Today I went in for my first follicle scan and it showed lots of little follys, with the biggest being 9mm on the right side. I am REALLY hoping that follies grow on my left side this month because I have a right blocked tube - who knew this would be so complicated??!!

Sorry Starlight, I missed this! Were there any follies on your left ovary at all or all just on the right? I know it's prob not too likely but I heard that your fallopian tubes are so close together sometimes an egg can be released from one ovary but picked up by the opposite tube. My friend had a tube removed a few years ago and she found this out. Not sure of the chances, but thought I'd share :)

Another scan tomorrow then? Mine is on Friday - nervous!

Smiler - ooo your scan is in two days. excited for you :) yes i have another scan tomorrow morning. they mentioned there were lots of little follicles in both ovaries, so hoping the left ones have a growth spurt!! yes i have heard that sometimes an egg can travel to the other tube...praying for a miracle :)

Hi girls sorry for being AWOL for a few days but in a nutshell it's been a crappy 24 hrs .. Was due to get my day 21 progesterone results yday and it took me 5 hours of numerous calls from GP to hospital for someone to take responsibility of telling me if I'm ovulating. So as you can imagine I spent most of this time bawling like a baby as I was also 2 days late for my period and just wanted an answer. Anyway finally I was told I am ovulating but the bummer is I started bleeding about an hour ago :( anyone else beginning to lose hope ??

LMHiggins I'm not surprised you're upset - it's bad enough having all this happen and then to have noone take responsibility for you as a patient is awful. They really need to sort their stuff out, I dont like people upsetting our group of clomid chicks. Please dont lose hope, we're all here for you.

Starlight and Smiler - lots of luck for your scans. I didnt know that about eggs travelling across to the other tube, that's interesting - I dont think I'll ever fully understand how it all works, it's just so complicated.

hi ladies i would like to join if you all don't mind
after a year of waiting and getting the run around my new dr is finally helping me last year i got a bfp but it ended being an ectopic and so had to have surgery to remove it i was then told that once i gave my body time to heal and got my other problems under control they would let me try clomid for one reason or other they kept putting me off until yesterday
the new dr that am so happy for seems to understand where am comming from the dr i normally see is on maternity leave which makes me mad because i thought that she would get me but she seemed to keep putting me off yesterday i was given provera to get af going and then to take clomid days 5-9 fx for us all
sorry for the rant

Starlight - FX the left ovary pulls her socks up!! Hope you get some good news v soon x

LmHiggins - so sorry you got mucked around so much :hugs: really not helpful when things are stressy enough already. I don't know if you knew this already, but I only realised last month that clomid can extend your luteal phase, which could explain why you were two days late. Are you tracking ovulation yourself in any way? I've had quite a few day 21 tests done but to be honest I never bother ringing up for the results because I temp, so I already know what the answer is going to be. Have you tried temping? I really like it.

I think we all have our times where we start to lose hope :hugs: we're all here x

Mrs Elsie - thanks! All this is very complicated... who knew! Originally I thought I would throw out BCP and that would do it but boy was I wrong haha

Smiler- I am keeping my fingers crossed for my left ovary but I keep getting twinges on the right. Boo! When is your scan on Friday? So soon!

LmHiggens - hope you are feeling up soon! Admittedly I feel down and lose hope and have myself a good cry at least once a month then! We are all here for you :hugs:

Welcome Lucy! That is frustrating that you got the run around from some of your past doctors. Sorry about the ectopic you experienced. Sounds like you've got a good doctor now and have a plan :) when do you start clomid?

starlight thanks i am on day two of the provera so i have a ways to go before i go on the clomid at least two more weeks but just getting the prescription makes me happy but i do find that am nervous and scared like crap thinking of all the negative things that could happen. did you have any side effects with clomid?

Lucy - that is really exciting that you've got the prescriptoin and will be able to start in just a couple of weeks :) I was also thrilled when I finally got the prescription as well! As for side effects - first month (50mg D2-6), I had some headaches and hot flashes, but it wasn't unbearable. second month (this month, 100mg D2-6) I didn't get any side effect. I think that everyone is a bit different but I am sure that you will be okay so not ot worry! :) I am hoping for twins, heheh!

I just had my D10 scan today and looks like my left side is trying to catch up - yay! One folly on the left at 9mm, and two on the right at 8mm and 9mm. Even though I took double dosage of clomid this month, my follies don't seem to be growing any faster than last month, hmm. Will be in for another scan on Sat :)

How is everyone?

starlight that is good news i am keeping everything that i can crossed for you :wink: am excited too i guess i never really realized how much i really wanted a baby until last year and then now i see that my hubby is just as excited we actually talked about babies last night something that we had not done in a long time i hope that this works for all of us

Thanks Lucy! My hubby and I are also really keen to have a baby - we talk about what we'll do with our kids one day and get really excited about it!! I am so thrilled about the idea of my hubby being a dad because I know he will be amazing - baby dust to us all :) :) :)

starlight your hubby sounds like mine lol the only thing that i worry about is our dog he is a rescue and does not like kids i told my hubby he might have to go and he said noooo !!! lol he says he is going to train him to love his little brother or sister when we have a baby which am sure that we can try but i don't know he is spoiled and used to getting our undivided attention

it is exciting to think of what it might be like i love looking at baby things and am making a list of what i would like to have what about you are you thinking that far ahead?

Starlight I'm so pleased to hear your left ovary is catching up :) FX she beats the right one to the finish line!! I have my scan tomorrow, I really hope it is good news :wacko:

Aww Lucy when my DH was born, his parents had to get rid of their dog :( He didn't take to the baby at all and tried to bite him!! I hope you guys can train yours ahead of time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->