Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

I actually saw the doc and now am waiting for the never ending cycle to end so i can do monitoring. Doc has prescribed femara instead of clomid. .....As much as never ending cycles are freaky, scary and most of all frustrating, I am not in a rush to push this one along because when the next cycle starts, all this doc stuff will have to be paid out of pocket! So I am waiting patiently, then will do the monitoring and all that and have to fork over the dough to cover all those costs. I am supposed to pick up some labs slips at the doctor's office though........... thinking about doing that tomorrow morning and going ahead with the blood tests now instead of later. Off to stalk your journal :)

Hi ladies. So round one of Clomid didn't get me knocked up....buuuuttttt....on the positive side I've gone from a 52 day cycle to 30 day cycle! Woo woo!!
I ovulated CD17 and af arrived exactly 14 days later.

So on to round 2...

ok nice. that does sound like progress. it worked for you! :dance:

tulip - sounds like your cycles are pretty regular which is great. so are you thinking about making an appointment witn your doctor to discuss your situation?

horseypants - what does your doctor have in mind for monitoring once you start the femara? i hope that femara does the trick for you - FX!!!

ready2bmum - that is amazing that the clomid shortened your cycles to 30 days!! good luck on round 2!!!

Actually, before the monitoring I have to do an HSG and saline sonogram. Has anyone else done these? I'm scared! Did any of you have to pay out of pocket for either one?

I had an HSG done. What is done in a saline sonogram? Insurance covered my HSG procedure, so not out of pocket. Before you do the HSG, I would recommend taking some painkillers as for some women, it can be quite uncomfortable, but advil/tylenol helps a lot, so no to worry! I wish I had taken some! Although for some people, they don't find it uncomfortable at all :)

Hi ladies!
Congratss to those that are O'ing on clomid - its exciting!

Horsey - I had both of those tests early nov. I took 2 advils prior to HSG. Its not bad it feels like a papsmear + cramping. The advil helps. I also did the saling sono...also similar to pap. But I didn't take advil bc I didn't read about it. However I also had cramping and it felt stronger then HSG due to lack of advi. If I had to do it again I would take 2 advils for both!

Starlight - how's it going hun?

BTW saline sono is where they fill uterus with saline (without pushing it thru tubes -thats an HSG). Then they insert an ultrasound want to take pics of the inflated uterus to look for polyps, fibroids etc!

Actually, before the monitoring I have to do an HSG and saline sonogram. Has anyone else done these? I'm scared! Did any of you have to pay out of pocket for either one?

I've had both done. It's an SIS-- They'll inject Saline into the uterus much like the iodine in the HSG. They'll do an ultrasound of the inside of the uterus along with your tubes.

breaking dawn, thanks bunches. how are you? are you waiting to o again? round 2 right? are you doing monitoring and timed :sex: ?

cntrygrl, do you know if it will find endo if it is there? did it hurt when you did it?

It won't find endo because that's on the outside. I was good with both SIS procedures I had. The first one found 2 uterine polyps which I had removed and the second was to make sure none had come back. My HSG hurt for a couple of hours afterwards some pretty good cramping, but after that I was good. It hurt more afterwards than during the procedure.

Breaking Dawn - how are you doing? I assume that you have O'd by now and are in your TWW? I should be O'ing any time now. Yesterday, I had a left folly at 26mm, and will go back again tomorrow for another scan. I don't think that I have O'd yet as usually my breasts are tender right at O time and not feeling that yet. Getting anxious for it to happen now!

Ladies how many cycles on Clomid should I wait before asking for monitored cycles?

If you have insurance that will cover it, I say get started right away. Some doctors prescribe it pretty freely, but many people say you should always be monitored on it. Seeing as there are already questions about whether you could have o-ed this early, I say you have a good reason to have them watch and tell you for sure.

Horsey - I agree with cntry girl...saline sono is for uterine abnormalities only. Its not for endo, tubal or external abnormalities.

Cntry - I am on my 2nd round of clomid. Cycle monitoring began with my first round. Ot was bloodwork and ultrasound on CD3, CD11, 13, 14 + 15.

Starlight - wow that's a nice big follie ...now get BDing..lol goodluck!

AFM - I O'd last week...it was 1 follie for sure may have had a 2nd. I'm avoiding dpo counting and symptom spotting. I don't even know how many dpo I am and refuse to look at a calender and count!

Thanks ladies I'll bring it up to my doctor before I start my next cycle.

mind if i join ladies? i am currently towards the end og my 2ww and this is my first month ttc and first month of clomid 50 mg. this is all very exciting/nerveracking/fun!?! im supposed to get my AF on jan 10 but that's my b-day so im not going to test until this saturday. lots of baby dust to yall!:dust:

Not to be nosy, but how did you get clomid your first month of TTC?

Ya know I've been wondering the same thing based off what I've been reading on here. My husband and I had a set time frame when we wanted to start ttc. so my dr knew years in advance. She has been my dr for 5 years and know my history. she had always told me I would take that. I would have like one period a year on my own. I was taking provera every 60 days.

Ahhh the one period a year explains. Hopefully everything works out for you and you're monitored closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->