[CLOSED] ex-SMEP ladies waiting for lightening to strike.

adopim - did you tell DH yet? If so, how did you tell him?
Yes, I told him on Friday when he got back from work. I picked up some sparkling grape juice (the kind that comes in bottle that look like wine) and it in wine glasses along with a box on the table. When he got home I told him I had a present for him. I hid the hpt under some papers so I could show him after he opened the box. Inside the box I had a 3-pack of onesies and a package of two pacifiers.
He figured it all out before he opened the box, because he smelled the grape juice and knew it wasn't wine. Haha.

Will do! Im going to use the clear blue OPK, but Im unsure of when to take it exactly? The directions say with morning pee, but I also read to do it in the afternoon? Any recommendations?

Hmm, that's a tough call. I always used SMU for my OPKs (since I could limit fluids more easily in the morning versus the rest of the day and SMU usually happened about 11 or 1130 or so), but I didn't use clear blue ones either. I believe my instructions recommended against fmu, but CB could be different. I used the Answer brand POAS type.

How cute adopim! :thumbup: P.S. I saw some really cute pregnancy announcement shirts on google for your DD.

How cute adopim! :thumbup: P.S. I saw some really cute pregnancy announcement shirts on google for your DD.

I know! some were just so adorable. I saw a ton of them too, but I just couldn't justify spending $20 plus shipping on one t-shirt. So I went to Walmart and got some transfer paper and a light gray t-shirt (costing a total of $12). I'm going to print something like:

Only Child
Expiring 2013

Or

Only Child
Big Sister

Except the "Only Child" in the second one will be crossed out.
I can't decide which one I want to use.

Hello ladies! I hope I'm not intruding. My husband and I have officially decided to start trying for a baby, and I discovered the SMEP right after Auntie Flow showed up. Perfect timing right! Anywho, I'm on CD 7. Hubbie and I started early to get everything fresh for our official start to SMEP. I'm super excited about trying this out! This will be our first month trying for baby #1 and we hope first time's the charm!

Congratulations to you, adopim! I hope to see more of you all getting a positive very very soon!

I know! some were just so adorable. I saw a ton of them too, but I just couldn't justify spending $20 plus shipping on one t-shirt. So I went to Walmart and got some transfer paper and a light gray t-shirt (costing a total of $12). I'm going to print something like:

Only Child
Expiring 2013

Or

Only Child
Big Sister

Except the "Only Child" in the second one will be crossed out.
I can't decide which one I want to use.

adopim - those are both really cute ideas! I didn't get the first one until you explained it with being crossed out :dohh: lol I was actually looking up shirts for myself...If I get preggers before we go see family in March, I want to get a shirt and just wear it and see how long before someone reads it! But I think you have the right idea about buying the things I need and then just doing it myself!

Hello ladies! I hope I'm not intruding. My husband and I have officially decided to start trying for a baby, and I discovered the SMEP right after Auntie Flow showed up. Perfect timing right! Anywho, I'm on CD 7. Hubbie and I started early to get everything fresh for our official start to SMEP. I'm super excited about trying this out! This will be our first month trying for baby #1 and we hope first time's the charm!

Congratulations to you, adopim! I hope to see more of you all getting a positive very very soon!

Hi SlimBrit! :hi: Welcome to the land of SMEPing :sex::haha:
Are you guys using anything else? (the usuals - softcups, preseen, grapefruit juice etc?) Wishing you all the best on your journey! :dust:

I will add you to our list of SMEPers, who have been pretty quiet lately...think I might need to go pay personal visits to see how everyone is doing. What do you ladies think? Weird & stalker-ish? Should I just leave them on the list and hope they come back eventually? :shrug:

It seems like all the threads I'm in have been quiet for a few days. There have been a lot of BFP announcements in one of the threads I'm in; so, those of us still waiting sort of get buried.

I'm 13 dpo, still feeling twinges every once in a while, but my Answer test was negative again. :-/ I think I'm out...

It seems like all the threads I'm in have been quiet for a few days. There have been a lot of BFP announcements in one of the threads I'm in; so, those of us still waiting sort of get buried.

I'm 13 dpo, still feeling twinges every once in a while, but my Answer test was negative again. :-/ I think I'm out...

Hey Profwife! Glad to see you! Like I have to keep telling myself...not out till the fat lady sings! I was just saying in another thread that I am on such a roller coaster...one minute I'm saying I KNOW I'm pregnant, the next minute...I don't think I am sheesh :dohh:

We've had 3 months of what people normally refer to as "impeccable" timing. No positives except in OPKs. Since I had a positive OPK back on 9 dpo or so...I'm starting to wonder if I may actually have a problem that is preventing normal hormonal control in spite of normal temps.

I already want to jump into getting testing done because I am not getting any younger and my oldest sister is in early menopause at 39 and she had issues with cysts. My middle sister had a hysterectomy at 31 for endometriosis.

I just feel like sobbing right now. Why does it have to be so hard?

Oh wow ProfWife :hugs: That is a LOT to have to deal with, so much to think/wonder about. Seeing your family history hopefully they won't postpone your testing with all the "try naturally for a year" jazz. I hope you get an answer real soon. :hugs: :hug::hug:

Hi SlimBrit! Welcome to the land of SMEPing
Are you guys using anything else? (the usuals - softcups, preseen, grapefruit juice etc?) Wishing you all the best on your journey!

I will add you to our list of SMEPers, who have been pretty quiet lately...think I might need to go pay personal visits to see how everyone is doing. What do you ladies think? Weird & stalker-ish? Should I just leave them on the list and hope they come back eventually?

Glad to be here! We're not using/doing anything other than straight up sex and watching for ovulation. I see no need for that stuff just yet, but we'll see how this goes. Thank you for the well wishes! Same to you and everyone else! Wow, grape juice? What is that for? I'm not very savvy in this TTC thing, if you could get me up to speed that'd be great. :blush:

Oh, I hope it doesn't get too quiet here, I really want to chat with you ladies as much as possible. Let's keep this thread of hope alive!:flower:

Thank you SlimBrit! I hope to see many more BFPs from my friends here very soon too! :thumbup:
I'm not sure about the grape juice, but I was drinking cranberry juice in the hopes that it would help build my uterine lining.

Lilly: yeah I just thought it was a much better idea to make it myself. We'll see if anyone notices, my sister might immediately though. She's watching for stuff like that.

ProfWife: I'm so sorry :( I can't see any reason why they wouldn't do early testing considering your family history. I really hope they will help you! :hugs:

I started having wonky cycles back in January/February of 12 (I'd gone off bc in June of 11 - on NuvaRing for over a year at that point). I went from very predictable 28/29 days to suddenly 36 then back to the 20s, then 48, then 30s, etc. I went to my doctor and she tested for PCOS - I had multiple cysts on each ovary, but because my blood tests were "level," she said there were no issues and that she'd do no further testing until we actually started to try. That was in July she made that comment to me (and put it in my file...I considered that unprofessional). We started trying in October - as that was what hubby and I wanted - regardless of the doctor's pressure.

So, I'd have to get established with a new doctor, too. My general practitioner isn't really prepped for that sort of thing. I'm torn between calling for an appointment or not...I want to, but I'm scared of what they might find.

(I'll try not to be too mopey among all the hopes...just having an off night...sorry ladies.)

SlimBrit - Not just grape juice...grapeFRUIT juice lol. It's supposed to help with getting EWCM...which I didn't notice I had any at all this cycle so I will try the grapefruit juice next cycle. This room does get a little quiet, so I have a few other threads for back up lol

ProfWife - go for it hun, I think the sooner you do establish a new doc, you will be happy you did. It's a step forward :thumbup: Don't mind being mopey, we all get that way some times for our own reasons. I know I'M here for support! :hugs:

And....my temp dropped...AF will start tomorrow likely...deep down I knew it just couldn't be possible for me to have such a textbook perfect month.

SlimBrit - Not just grape juice...grapeFRUIT juice lol. It's supposed to help with getting EWCM...which I didn't notice I had any at all this cycle so I will try the grapefruit juice next cycle. This room does get a little quiet, so I have a few other threads for back up lol

ProfWife - go for it hun, I think the sooner you do establish a new doc, you will be happy you did. It's a step forward :thumbup: Don't mind being mopey, we all get that way some times for our own reasons. I know I'M here for support! :hugs:

Ohhhhhhh, okay. Thanks for explaining that Lilly! :thumbup:

And....my temp dropped...AF will start tomorrow likely...deep down I knew it just couldn't be possible for me to have such a textbook perfect month.

Aww hunny, hate to see that you're sad :cry: There isn't any chance it's just a one day dip? (did you sleep ok?) I mean, it's not all the way down to your coverline. Try to stay hopeful until AF actually shows :hugs:

Hey ladies,
Just a little update started OPK CD10 negative as is CD11(today). I have a headache I cant shake! I think its because its almost O time! I think starting CD13 I will use OPK am&pm. Just because I don't want to miss it. This means I will need to get more OPK. My DH asked for a pass on DB last night, I think it will be fine see as I'm still getting negatives on my OPK. So tonight and so forth there will be DBing lol. :sex::sex:
Have any of you ladies experienced headaches on the days leading up to O!?

Akayj - I get headaches all the time, but haven't noticed an increase before OV. I ordered my OPK online and got 50opk plus 25 pregnancy tests for under $15. Maybe you can get those and use them inbetween the clearblues.:shrug:

Akayj - I get headaches all the time, but haven't noticed an increase before OV. I ordered my OPK online and got 50opk plus 25 pregnancy tests for under $15. Maybe you can get those and use them inbetween the clearblues.:shrug:

I have migraines normally, but not a minor headache like this! Its either a full migraine or nothing. Also I only want to use clearblue because its a yes or no. No line guessing you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->