• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[CLOSED] ex-SMEP ladies waiting for lightening to strike.

:( I wish that weren't the case. You can always stick around here with us! :) Don't want to lose you entirely!

Hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll be celebrating with a plan from the doc. Appt is tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck pro wife.

I might just come on to check on you ladies and look around lol

Good luck, profwife! Can't wait to hear your plan!

I know we aren't much help with answering baby questions, but you can always hang out with us, akayj. :thumbup:

Tbh I'm not much help with baby questions so we are all in the same boat hehe.

I helped raise 4 from birth (my sister's kids) and one from 4 years old (stepchild). I can probably answer more questions than my friends give me credit for.

(All my friends here who are parents don't realize that. They all assume I have 0 clue about prepping bottles, changing diapers, baby proofing, teething issues, etc. If they knew, they might be more apt to trust me to take care of their babies.)

I helped raise 4 from birth (my sister's kids) and one from 4 years old (stepchild). I can probably answer more questions than my friends give me credit for.

(All my friends here who are parents don't realize that. They all assume I have 0 clue about prepping bottles, changing diapers, baby proofing, teething issues, etc. If they knew, they might be more apt to trust me to take care of their babies.)

Shoot I need a good babysitter lol:haha:

Too bad you weren't closer!

LOL - Other parts of the forum just aren't as welcoming. Granted, I probably have a bad rep after a thread today. Lots of drama...

Anyway...

We had our follow-up today.

Husband's SA came back GREAT. (2.2mls, 111 million per ml, 244 million total count, 71% motility, 65% rapid/slow forward progression, 37% normal morphology)

AFM, my AmH lab came back at 2.69 ng/mL (which my doc says puts me more like a mid-20's woman's ovaries rather than a 32-year-old). Vitamin D is at 43. DHEA-S (adrenal hormone) was over 220, which is higher than I should be. So, I'll be going on meds to bring that down. However, he wants to do a laparoscopy on me this coming cycle to look for, confirm and remove endometriosis. I've finally contacted my principal for a meeting as my first shot at that surgery will be the day after school starts for the school year. I'm not sure if I'll be permitted to be out that day and the next for recovery.

So, please pray for one of two things to happen. Either 1) we're pregnant and I won't need surgery at all or 2) for my principal to be understanding and supportive as this is something I don't WANT but apparently need.

FX'd things go smoothly with the Principle

Where are you right now in your cycle?

4-5 dpo (used just opks this month...so I either ovulated Friday or Saturday).

New doc advised that I start my progesterone suppositories (prescribed by old doc) tonight. He said it couldn't hurt!

I like him.

I'm having an awful night though. Hubby and I are fighting...mostly because I'm depressed over finding out that I'm the reason we haven't conceived yet and that I'm scared to go through the surgery (I HATE the idea of surgery).

:hugs:

Surgery is scary. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. :nope: But I know one happy ending story...a BnB pal had pretty bad endo and husband had low morphology. She had her surg and they did ONE round of IUI and got their forever bub. :thumbup:

Have you googled to see how bad other ladies say a laparoscopy is? I know there were mixed reviews just about HSGs, but for me it turned out to be a breeze. Maybe if you are a little more informed about the procedure it will ease your mind some :shrug:

I've had about 6 friends go through the surgery. All said it was fine, easy, etc. I have a hard time with not being in control. I don't like the idea that I won't even be breathing for myself. I'm terrified of those horror stories where the patient wasn't 100% unconscious and felt surgery the whole time.

I'm more terrified that I'll be the one in 7,000 who has a major problem and ends up sterile as a result.

Praying I am just pregnant this cycle so we can put all this behind us.

Awww, you poor dear. I hope DH comes around and can be a bit more supportive. Some times they just don't get our fears.

I have a fear of swimming (I wouldnt say a true phobia). I don't feel like I'm in control when I'm in the water. Although I've been getting better since I've been dating OH there is still that fear that at any moment I'll lose what little control I have. OH knows I'm afraid but just can't wrap his head around why. Last time we went swimming he pushed my shoulders down a little playfully but it really pissed me off! I turned and asked him why would he do that when he knows I'm scared! He said you've been getting so much better why are you scared. I kept trying to explain but it felt like I was talking to a friggin 3 year old! I just had to swim away from him for awhile. Point is. I understand that you have a legit fear. And nothing is probably gonna change that. I sincerely hope your OH eases up on you. And like you said...the BEST answer would just be to get that BFP so you won't have to go through it at all! :hugs:

Lilly how you holding up with the hurricans there? Are y'all ok?

Prowife how's it coming along any news?

Afm still trying to get mommy hood down lol but I'm getting there. Cooper will be 6months next Saturday wow! It does go fast lol.

I'm hanging in. I was wondering how Lilly was as well. I've been through my share of hurricanes here.

Today is cd 1 of our 23rd TTC. Surgery is scheduled for Thursday. :-/. Just praying that this helps and makes it possible for us to conceive.

:hugs: I will be thinking of you Thursday, profwife :hugs: How soon after surgery can you guys ttc?

Thanks for thinking of me, ladies. My side of the island didn't get any of the wind and just a bit of rain. It looks like this second one will barely brush the East side, so that's good because I guess it's pretty bad over there...power still out, lots of flooding, brown water.

Pro wife you will be in my prayers!!! Everything will work out fine!! When they tell you to go to ur happy place go somewhere fun hehe!!

Lilly I herd the flooding was pretty bad:( hope they recover fast!!!

I'll get the "official" timeline tomorrow. They won't begin treating me with any meds until after my next period (which will be cycle 24 for us). At our last appointment, the doc said that we should be okay to resume bd when I feel up to it, as long as I'm careful about incision sites. If I were to get pregnant this cycle, post op, he said it wouldn't be a problem. By the time by stomach would need to handle stretching, I'll be healed up.

They normally recommend a waiting cycle when they do surgery, but from what we were told at the last appointment, many women get pregnant straight away and there are no complications.

Prof, if i remember correctly you going for a Lap and ovarian drilling correct? If i am, then you have great chances of falling quickly afterwards. Most of the ladies i know that has had it fell pregnant with it, and also their cycles regulated. For me it brought back ovulation which i never had so even though im still ttc im glad i did it becuase it definitely helped. Good luck for THursday, you will be back into the swing of things in a few days. I waited like 10days post op for first BD.

Also remember that day of op is CD1 again as it resets all the hormones and processes.

Lilly, wow that sounds hectic. Glad to hear you fine!!!!! We had a earthquake here last wednesday which was 150km away from us but we felt the tremors. at the main site it was a 5.3 but that was the first one i have ever felt it was so strange :lol:

akayi, wow 6 months time is seriously flying. I cant wait for December but then again i dont want december to pass to quickly need the rest.

AFM, SUPER busy with work we started a 30day sex challenge but only kept it going for 2 weeks haha, will try again next cycle if there is one, hopefully there isnt.

Im still on the immune meds, hoping it will do the trick in the next 2 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->