(Closed Group) Continuation from Journey to BFP and beyond...

Oh Kylee! Try not to worry! :hugs: Was it just a little? Just when you wiped? I had some at 5 weeks, a little in the toilet but mostly when I wiped. Freaked me out, but we all know brown means old blood! Keep up hope! And keep us posted!

It was only a little bit. Barely even brown. But I have gone pee since then and still wiping the teeniest bit of it. It wouldn't bother me if I wasn't also having light cramps. That is what is getting me. I can't tell if the cramps are from me having an unsettled digestive system (hence the diarrhea a few hours ago), or if it is all related and means something bad. And no way to reassure me now because it's too early for a scan. And I won't get my beta from tomorrow until Monday, so I am going to be a wreck all weekend.

I just want one baby to take home. Just one. I can't believe how stressful this has been. Sigh.

I'm so sorry Kylee. You're taking progesterone right?

:hugs: Kylee

Well I'm still in limbo. My bleeding has nearly subsided and the 3 (or more now I just got another 50 :haha:) pregnancy tests I'm doing a day all still have lines. I've stopped comparing them as some will be lighter and the next will be darker again and so on. But they are all good, obvious lines. Considering I've been sporting or bleeding for a week now and have been getting lines for 5 days, I can only hope for the best.
I'm going for a beta this afternoon, and the progesterone (well wild yam cream) I ordered should be here this morning but if not I'll get a progesterone subscription so I can start on it today and hope its not too late to help. And at the very least at least I'll have a record of this pregnancy so the drs don't brush me off when I say I've had yet another loss. 3 in a row *could* be bad luck like the drs say but 4 in a row - and in 7 months no less - surely they would have to realize something is amiss.

T, yes. Which is another thing that worries me. If I am seeing something through the progesterone, then I don't want to know what it would look like without. I hope I'm not delaying the inevitable here. Trying to stay positive. I have peed like 3 times in the past hour just so I can check and this last pee didn't seem to have anything when I wiped. But I doubt anything else would have had time to move down in the 15 minutes since I last peed :haha:
Cramping seems to have subsided for the most part. And I definitely still had dark lines on my very last two tests this morning. Hoping this was just some sort of fluke caused by digestive issues earlier. I will be checking tp obsessively over the next few days though. I may mention it tomorrow when the nurse calls with my beta. And I guess this is a good time to be having my beta because if the one tomorrow still looks good, then that means it is nothing.

Natalie, I will be thinking of you. Hoping your lines mean everything is alright and you are just going to be someone who bleeds and has to worry in the first tri. :hugs: not that the worrying would be good, but the fact that everything is okay would make it more bearable.

Posting from my phone so will catch up properly when I have access to a laptop / wifi. Thinking of you Natalie and Kylee, hope that everything goes well and that the naughty babies are just keeping you on your toes :hugs:

progesterone 43
Beta........ 800something

I couldn't even hear the rest because I was busy thinking "oh god, not twins!" I mentioned it to her and she said that that number puts me at about 5 weeks, but if I look back, that was only at like 17dpo. Which is barely over 4 weeks. She didn't seem to think my numbers indicated the possibility of multiples. Second beta this afternoon and I'll update you guys on Monday.

Oh, and no more brown, so that is good! Guess it was just my gastrointestinal issues that might have caused a bit of old blood to get away. :)

Great beta kylee! After completing on the other thread I remembered that the range for 2-3 weeks on a digi (so 4-5 weeks) is up to 2000 so you're definitely nicely in the range for the 4th week I wouldn't freak out about it being too high for just one at all.

Natalie, any additional bleeding? How are your tests looking?

Did anyone ever have like a squeezing feeling in the vaginal area? Almost like the muscles are clenched or something? Not painful, but kinda feels like I wish it would relax. It's like tightness. I've been laying in different positions over the last half our trying to get it to relax. Not working.

I googled and found some comments on cervix changing, and some on hips separating but don't know if either would apply to me at 5 weeks.

Hopefully it isn't my cervix opening!!!! That would mean bad things to come.

Has anybody had anything like this?

I'm sorry Kylee, I don't know what that could be :shrug: I know I had lots of cramps around 5 weeks but not really what you're describing.

I did some additional googling and it looks like it isn't uncommon to have it even early in pregnancy, so I guess I won't worry about it.

Well I still have positive pregnancy tests and the full on bleeding only lasted for a couple days and went to spotting which has now been completely gone for 2 days. But I'm still in limbo.
I was supposed to go in this ,morning to see the Dr for the results of my last two betas. The Dr wasn't in today apparently even though he specifically told me to see him today between 8 and 6... After a big fiasco getting there at all I wasn't going to have time to see any Dr before dh had to work so I went home and collapsed on the bed sobbing til dh said just to go back and take the girls with me since we had moms car today. Oh ya. So we did that and waited half an hour to be seen.
And then all the Dr could say is congratulations you're pregnant. Either the Dr ordered the wrong test or the lab screwed up because my Friday beta was *qualitative * one not a quantitative so all it does is say yes or no... I'm pretty sire it was a lab mix up because the forms were identical from what I saw and the Sunday one was definitely a serial quantitative hcg... Anyway Sundays results weren't in yet so I don't even know what it was,not that one alone would tell me anything anyway.
The pathologist said because my second form was for serial betas she would put it on file for me, so I'm hoping that just means I can go back in tomorrow for a blood draw and then get the results tomorrow night, or Wednesday afternoon at most. If I do need a whole new form I don't have time to see the Dr again before Wednesday afternoon so I probably won't bother.
But to say I've had a frustrating day is an understatement.

The fact that the bleeding has fully stopped and there is still a second line is only a good thing. The fact that the lines haven't changed much at all in 8 days is frustrating but probably just means they're cheap tests (which they are) and won't show progression rather than not rising hormone. Or at least that's what I'm clinging too. If it wasn't a healthy pregnancy it most certainly wouldn't have survived a week of bleeding right? And probably hcg wouldn't have gotten high enough to fall slowly enough to still be obviously detectable 5 days after the full bleed started.

I've also been really nauseous and have that heaviness to my uterus that comes with pregnancy. With how weird my bleeding was, combined with the nausea and full mess to my uterus I would definitely be questioning pregnancy right now if I hadn't already tested, so all good signs.
Its just so frustrating that I don't have any answers yet.

17dpo- 891
19dpo- 1818 (blood draws 47 hours apart)

Doubling time of 45.68 hours

Is that alright? I mean with a first beta of almost 900, it has to have slowed down significantly. Should that worry me?

What do you mean? It's supposed to double every 48 hours and yours did in 45. That's great!

Here is the "Kylee's crazy thought process" version:

If it was 900 at 17dpo and it theoretically started at 0, it had to have had like a 20 hour or something crazy doubling time to reach 900 by 17dpo. So at 19dpo, it was doubling at 45 hours. So that means that the doubling time has slowed a lot during week 4. That was my concern. I am just being silly. I should be happy about 45 hours. I guess I am just perpetually worried about something because I have yet to have a good experience with a pregnancy.

Time to relax. Lol

Just relax :) Sometimes it doubles crazy fast and slows down, sometimes it starts slow and catches up. You have good data :)

PS I just did a calculation assuming hcg was 25 at 11po it could have been 891 by 17dpo with a 37 hour doubling time. So even with that calculation it hasn't slowed down too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->