(Closed Group) Continuation from Journey to BFP and beyond...

Thanks for doing that, Natalie. That really put me at ease!!!! Feeling really positive now. Hopefully a good doubling time means I will get to bring this one home!

Kylee, congrats on the great betas and doubling time! I wouldn’t worry about twins, my hcG levels were also high in the beginning.

Natalie, how are you feeling? Did you get the blood test done again?

Terrissa, you’re almost in the 2nd trimester now. You must be feeling relieved now you’re past the milestone you lost Ronen :hugs:

Jamie, how are things? How did the move go?

Leigh, come and join us!

Hope Katie and zaycain will also be joining us here soon.

AFM, nothing to report, still don't feel pregnant so I'm always wondering if everything's going OK in there! Oh, only thing is I get VERY bloated as the day progresses... Wake up with a flatish stomach (it's never been flat even before pregnancy), but at night I look at least 5 months gone!

I did get a beta drawn today, though had no luck getting results again yesterday evening. The Dr I saw yesterday wouldn't even give me another order for bloods so thank goodness pathology was able to pull up my form on the computer from Friday and because it said serial hcg (proof the qualitative result was a lab error not in fact what the Dr ordered) she was able to just write up another form for me on the spot :thumbup: I will try to go back tomorrow evening for results and hope they're in...
But honestly I am feeling much better about the pregnancy even without anything concrete.

Any news Natalie? They ARE making you run around. Glad you're feeling more positive though!

I did just get back with my results. Not great I'm afraid. All three tests my hcg was just 115... So it hasn't changed at all. There *are* success stories of not rising hcg so I'm not giving up hope but it is more commonly a sign of ectopic and I will go get an ultrasound in two weeks instead of three just in case it is an ectopic I don't want to leave it too long and have it rupture, but I don't want to go so early they won't see anything either.
Anyway its a quandary. My gut still says its going to turn out OK so I'll go with that for now.

Hi ladies - just popping over to say hello! I'm trying not to get too invested in this pregnancy yet as who knows what might happen, but I don't want to just write it off either. It's hard to balance. But, today I am pregnant. :)

You can add me in the front as January 11 due date.

I won't be getting any more betas or anything until my appt June 4, but I'm thinking I might try a divi next week. By then it should be reading 3+ so that will help ease my mind a bit.

Hope you all are well!

Has anyone ever had the issue where they feel fine until they eat, and then feel sick after? I feel like all the advice in the world says that eating will help you feel less nauseous, but I feel worse after I eat. Thoughts?

Yes Kylee, I can get like that too, any particular types of good trigger it for you?

I have my scan in half an hour. Getting so nervous! Will update later.

Jamie, it's pretty much anything I WANT to actually eat. If I feel like toast, I will feel sick after I eat it. If I feel like Chinese, I will feel sick after I eat it. Same goes for cereal.... and everything. I sat down to eat lunch at work today and couldn't do much other than pick at my food because taking bites was making me nauseous. Lunch sure sounded good today though! And here I thought I wasn't having very many symptoms. HA!

T, good luck! Can't wait to see baby!

Did anyone ever have one-sided pain? I am trying not to panic because I remember with the first pregnancy having some pain on the left and thinking it was ectopic. So now I am having pain on the right (although this is different.... It hurts in a way that it actually burns and feels almost.... warm? But it isn't excruciating by any means) so I am trying not to freak out. I googled and MOST (?) ectopics don't get big enough to burst until around 8 weeks. With my appointment being this Friday at 6+6, I am just trying to make it through. I'm not in enough pain to visit the ER by any means. But I also don't want to be stupid and lose a tube or something.

Do I just need to calm down? I'm not bleeding (but once about a week or so ago and once today I wiped a very light tan, so there is at least a few drops floating around). I need to calm down, right? I can make it until Friday, yes?

Kylee :hugs: Yes you need to calm down. Haha. I know, easier said than done. But I've experienced all that. It's alarming but normal. Looking forward to your update from your appointment! :D

That's tough Kylee. You're right that most ectopics don't rupture before 8 weeks (and most take care of themselves without intervention or complications as they implant where there isn't enough blood supply to grow large enough to even be a risk) but just in case it might be a good idea to be sooner than Friday. It could be your corpus luteum that you're feeling, or lots of other harmless reasons, but if there is pain and you did have a bit of spotting honestly I would go in just to rule it out. I'm sure you've figured out I prefer as little intervention as possible, but there are some things I won't take a chance on...

Anyway I decided against blood work this week after all. Its not going to tell me as much as an ultrasound anyway, so I'll skip the worry that might come with it and just wait for the scan which is scheduled for Monday afternoon. Praying for a 6+ week sac, even better if there's a baby with a heart beat. If there's a sac at all but less than 6 weeks I won't consider it bad news though and will wait for a follow up scan in a week .

So the pain has gone, but if it returns I might call and see if I can come in sooner. I also didn't wake up at my normal 3:30am with a bursting bladder, so I am in poor spirits. I am kind of dreading my appointment now because I am suddenly convinced something is wrong. I hate that feeling. I might be scarce the next few days until after my appointment. Stupid brain... STOP THINKING SO HARD.

Oh Kylee, big hugs! :hugs: I am sure everything is fine, remember symptoms come and go, things change all the time, and just think about your great great numbers early on - that is a really good sign for the pregnancy! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

Also this is so dangerous but I just saw that through this site someone else recommended, you can get quantitative HCG tests for $39. That is going to be really hard to resist.

Kylee, I had the same thing, and it was on my right side as well, I believe it was the side I ovulated on and so like Natalie said, I believe it was the corpus luteum, I did go in for reassurance but everything was totally fine!

Coucou-can your dr not get you a qualitive?

Jamie - technically I could but my doctor tends to be very low maintenance and I think she would think I was being paranoid and find it unnecessary. I love her but I don't want her to think I am crazy!

I understand, I feel the same way but I justify it by the fact that I just had a loss prior to this pregnancy. Do whatever make you feel more comfortable!

Hello everyone! Just catching up now.

Kylee, how are you feeling today? I also had pain in my right side a few times, almost like a stitch, it was really uncomfortable and obviously I freaked out just like you, but it seems that it happens a lot! Don’t worry about the diminishing symptoms also, totally normal! Are you still feeling nauseous? I’m sure I read about which foods to eat/avoid, munch on crackers, eat smaller meals more regularly etc.

Leigh, I just went straight to the lab to get my hcG levels checked, I don’t know if you can do that? I’m paranoid yes, but that reassured me a bit while waiting for my scan. After a miscarriage it’s all too easy to expect the worst.

Jamie and Terrissa, hope you’re both doing well!

Has anyone started shopping? I haven't yet, too scared I'll jinx things but after my 20 week scan maybe.

HI fleur! Haven't started shopping yet, only because we don't know the gender. Once we do, I'll be getting everything! :) Well, some things. I'm so anxious to get the nursery together! Most people do that kind of later on, right? I don't really care, I'll do it when I feel like it. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->