Club OvaCue!

Okay, so here I am at 7 dpo with no sign of the witch and no symptoms other that tender BBs. My epts came in the mail today. So, like a true POASaholic I took one not expecting anything and got this within the time limit. I was wondering what you guys think because the last time I was pregnant I only used a digital so interpreting lines is not my strong suit. So what do you all think?

Attachments

• 0_1.jpg
    0_1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 13
I am only 7dpo when should I test again to see if the line gets darker? I am just really nervous and am having a hard time believing it...

:O seriously? Wow thats early for a :bfp: !!

maybe do it with FMU tomorrow or the next day. Good luck!

Looks like the start of a bfp!! Pretty good for 7 DPO!!!! :O

I am so nervous that it won't come back, that the people that make these pregnancy tests are playing a cruel joke on me...lol Nonetheless I will test again with FMU in the am

jm - i would wait a little bit, if you can! try to test again at 10DPO and see if the line has gotten any darker. good luck hun, lots of :dust:

moo - how are you doing honey? your line getting any darker?

calyk - welcome, this is a great group of ladies! glad to hear you are joining us :hi:

hehe thanks girls lets just hope it sticks :hugs: the line was pretty dark before it turned faint and after a hour or so it disappeared. It's still a line though but ill retest after AF is due.

Hi Calyk, welcome! That's neat to know we had an invisible stalker! : )

One of the reasons I bought the Ovacue is b/c I too agree it can be used for NFP (I am Catholic) and was hoping if I could use it forever either for TTC or NFP I'd really get my money's worth. Although I am starting to think after 19 cycles no pg that maybe I don't have to use anything to not get pg : (

Love to have you here and learn about your experiences!

Well I finally had some time to research "secondary fertility" and now I'm afraid I'm out for the month (don't have any symptoms anyway)...........If this is true, and this happened, we missed it b/c we haven't BD since cd12 with all that was going on here. Also-I'm wondering if this happens frequently and would explain why I'm not getting pg because usually this entire period we take a break anyway from all the BD sex.
I wonder if this would be indicated on my chart?

Diagnosis of Secondary Fertility

for users of the OvaCue with Vaginal Sensor

“Secondary Fertility” is a term Zetek has developed to explain the process of irregular ovulatory cycles with multiple follicular stimulation. In such cases, a follicle, which carries the egg, is released from the ovary and for some reason (usually timing of LH) does not rupture or mature, which allows the egg to be released from the hard casing of the follicle. Pregnancy cannot occur unless the egg is released from the follicle. Typically the body will recognize that this has happened and release another follicle 3-5 days later – causing a second indication of fertility during that cycle. This is one of the main reasons that women experience cycle lengths that become 3-5 days longer than usual on occasion.

To get pregnant when experiencing these types of cycles, it is important to identify the secondary follicle release by looking for the second peak in the OvaCue® Fertility Monitor oral readings. This second “Cue Peak” indicates that a new follicle has been released and will normally be followed by a trend downwards in OvaCue vaginal readings due to increasing estrogen that occurs as the follicle matures. The lowest vaginal reading is usually the best day to try to conceive, as once the body has switched from estrogen to progesterone dominance (as indicated by a sharp rise in vaginal readings) ovulation will occur within 12-24 hours. You cannot conceive after ovulation has occurred.

Secondary fertility can be identified by using the OvaCue and the optional vaginal sensor and is indicated by a darker pink or purple color on the OvaCue fertility calendar. If you see this secondary fertility color, it is important to continue intercourse beyond the norm until ovulation has occurred, as indicated by the OvaCue or as seen by a shift in BBT or spike in urine LH.

Women with PCOS or other diagnosed ovulatory disorders are most likely to see this pattern and should be especially diligent in taking and viewing OvaCue readings as to not miss this second opportunity to conceive in a given cycle.

titi - this is exactly what happened to me this cycle as well! you can tell by my readings that i got a second peak and o'ed after it...

CD02 - 195
CD03 - 205
CD04 - 223
CD05 - 205
CD06 - 230
CD07 - 234
CD08 - 251 *FIRST CUE PEAK*
CD09 - 231
CD10 - 228 v - 261
CD11 - 243 V - 187
CD12 - 248 v - 282 *SECOND CUE PEAK*
CD13 - 191 v - 105
CD14 - 148 v - 146
CD15 - 213 v - 127 *LYNN SAID THIS WAS O DAY BASED ON THE LOW V READING*
CD16 - 151 v - 153 * FF CONFIRMS THIS AS O DAY BASED ON TEMPS*
CD17 - 222 v - 144
CD18 - 201 v - 125
CD19 - 216 v - 138
CD20 - 226 v - 146

That is really weird never
I didn't just have a cue peak-I had the vag. sensor confirm both.........
-b/c FF confirmed me for my first ovacue confirmed ov.
:shrug:????

mine did the same. vag sensor confirmed o on CD12 i believe and then changed my fertility dates later on in the cycle to CD12-16 and then i ovulated on CD16. however, yours is different of course b/c FF confirmed O on your first cue peak but not your second. :shrug:

We need to get a degree in this thing

Thanks for all the welcomes! :)

One thing I wish is that there would be more technical information about what exactly the Ovacue's sensors detect and how it all fits into the menstrual cycle's hormonal interplay.

All I've really been able to find out is that it detects electrolytes -- sodium, potassium, and presumably chloride -- and that these somehow relate to the amount of estrogen in the body. I also know that a lower number = more estrogen = saltier? LOL

So I'm inferring from what I've read about the OvaCue and the menstrual cycle that the cue peak picks up on low levels of estrogen, which has been suppressed because of increasing amounts of FSH (which results in the development of follicles and ultimate selection of the dominant follicle which will go on to be the "ovulated" egg). So at this stage, the reading indicates that the dominant follicle has been selected and will continue its growth in anticipation of ovulation. Once this follicle has been selected, it produces high quantities of estrogen, thus producing the requisite cumulatively 10% lower readings after the peak (since lower number = more estrogen). With regard to the vag sensors, the vag low reflects the incredibly high level of estrogen right before ovulation (which triggers the release of LH). The vag rise reflects the progesterone dominance after ovulation has occurred. This is just what I've pieced together; I am very curious about the technical side of all this, so if anyone can correct or add to what I've said above, please do!!

Also, in addition to simply knowing that low = more estrogen, it would be nice to know what the average readings are among women...like what is a "standard" pre-ovulatory reading, etc.? I feel like my numbers have been pretty low so far (110, 90, and 90), so I'd really like to know what that says about my body chemistry, etc.

It's all very exciting; I just wish there were more technical information provided by the company for nerds like me! :)

To get pregnant when experiencing these types of cycles, it is important to identify the secondary follicle release by looking for the second peak in the OvaCue® Fertility Monitor oral readings. This second “Cue Peak” indicates that a new follicle has been released and will normally be followed by a trend downwards in OvaCue vaginal readings due to increasing estrogen that occurs as the follicle matures. The lowest vaginal reading is usually the best day to try to conceive, as once the body has switched from estrogen to progesterone dominance (as indicated by a sharp rise in vaginal readings) ovulation will occur within 12-24 hours. You cannot conceive after ovulation has occurred.

So if that's a possibility, then it's probably a good idea to keep taking the oral readings even if O is supposedly confirmed so that you can identify any additional FSH spikes/follicle release and get ready to do IT again. Very interesting!

Thats really interesting! Thanks for sharing..I just go by what the dang thing says these girls have helped me a lot and I feel like such a doofus sometimes. ;)

Wow. I did my first vag reading tonight and got a 366. That seems awfully high compared to most of what I've seen. It was weird using the sensor, too...was VERY careful as it's awfully long. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->