coffee machine help

weewdy

Reaction score
My oh would like a coffee machine for his birthday and i know nothing about them. I have a budget of around £100-150 as im getting him other stuff. What is a good make?? Also because i dont drink coffee what would be a good selection of drinks to get.

We have a tassimo machine. You can buy Costa coffee, a selection of teas and hot chocolates too.

I love it! :)

Depends how much of a real coffee lover he is, if he just likes regular coffee then a tassimo would be fine but nesspressos are the best 'pod' machines which make a much better coffee. If he's a proper coffee lover and likes to drink real coffee not instant types than an espresso machine machine would be better, I have an espresso machine with a steam wand so I can make espressos, cappuccinos, lattes etc and I use syrups to flavour them.

We have a nespresso it's lovely. We got ours on a Black Friday amazon deal it was only £50

Depends how much of a real coffee lover he is, if he just likes regular coffee then a tassimo would be fine but nesspressos are the best 'pod' machines which make a much better coffee. If he's a proper coffee lover and likes to drink real coffee not instant types than an espresso machine machine would be better, I have an espresso machine with a steam wand so I can make espressos, cappuccinos, lattes etc and I use syrups to flavour them.

^ This. Tassimo and Nespresso are good for 'instant' coffee type drinks (we have a Tassimo and you get a pretty good cuppa from it) but if he really likes his coffee, a proper bean to cup machine would be better. You're not limited to only getting the one branded pods either, can buy any coffee bean.

Can you get a Keurig in the UK? I am admittedly a coffee snob and I love the variety of k-cups that I can get for it.

Yep. I recently bought a Tassimo (tho I got it on offer, wouldn't pay the full price as I don't think the range of drinks is worth it!), but I prefer instant coffee. If you're after getting a pod machine mind it's pretty decent, the Costa range is excellent. But if he's into speciality coffee then I wouldn't go with a pod machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->