Confessions of a pregnant woman

I'm a very honest person and have been throughout my pregnancy.
I'm one who likes to keep myself to myself and do not take judgement lightly.

I still smoke and drink a lot of caffeine, but in my eyes that is fine and I know there are some or if not most that would hate on this specifically the smoking part I will explain how it is.

I smoked beforehand and still smoke now at 20 weeks. I've been to meetings and worked with doctors to stop ( So I've tried ) However I also suffer from prenatal depression and get very upset and stressed.

I'll admit I've cut down big time and that is a huge step for me and the doctors understand that stress is a killer and I myself would rather smoke then cause serious stress and upset to LO.

And to people who have a drink now and again or eat something they shouldn't what does it matter? All these books and whatever else force women to believe if they do this their baby is at risk.

Back 50 odd years ago women were encouraged to drink and smoke through their pregnancies and the babys were fine so I don't see the huge problem.

I would kill for pate on crusty white bread with a glass of white wine :)

Im a poorly lady this week (damn viruses) & after work yesterday hubby cooked me a bacon & fried egg sandwich with runny yolks mmm beautiful!

X x

For the lady asking what was wrong with turkey sandwiches... most Countries advise you against eating deli meats (ham/turkey) etc whilst pregnant due to the risk of listeria.
The UK don't advise against it for some reason. I am from the UK, and personally I avoid deli meat because of the advice given in other Countries.xx

I smoked beforehand and still smoke now at 20 weeks. I've been to meetings and worked with doctors to stop ( So I've tried ) However I also suffer from prenatal depression and get very upset and stressed .

A friend of mine was a smoker when she fell pregnant, and by 25 weeks she was still struggling to quit so the doctor to her to just cut down as quitting could bring on labour, I know most people won't agree with this but I just thought I'd let you knowM

I cooked a tesco cheese and tomatoe mini pizza for breakfast 😊

I also had a really hot bath last night to try and help with my hip pain!

I am having chicken pasta salad for lunch... surely thats bad because it was in the chilled at the supermarket :haha:

I also gave DS1 chocolate biscuits because i fancied them.

I made chocolate and strawberry cookies for my son's easter party today at school last night and I should have made just enough for his class. but nooooo I had to double the recipe, lick the batter, eat two of the cookies, and have 10 cookies left over for me to snack on the rest of the week! :dohh:

Yuuuumy! Those cookies sound delicious!! Had another turkey Tom from jimmyjohn's last night! It was sooooo good!

I craaave ice cold pepsi..
And I really wanted liverwurst on crackers the other day..
I don't think were allowed to have it though?

Yuuuumy! Those cookies sound delicious!! Had another turkey Tom from jimmyjohn's last night! It was sooooo good!

they are ridiculous. and so easy! just use a box of cake mix (any kind) add 1/2 cup butter and 1 egg, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. seriously easy and dangerously good!!:thumbup:

so....here it goes...

made cookies with my son on Sunday and I can't stay away from them...I even had 2 and a glass of milk last night when I woke up to pee at like 1am!

Had peanut butter toast for breakfast this morning...got to work and decided to go to Tim Horton's to get a coffee. smelled the bacon when I walked in (I crave bacon consantly) and ended up getting a breakfast wrap as well even though I already had 2 slices of toast with peanut butter for breakfast!

Im going to try and stick to my calories today, so far this pregnancy ive only managed it twice lol x

I have made hunters chicken for dinner, but I think I will send OH out to get me a burger once I have finished it :haha:

Sometimes I just want a cold cut sandwhich. My Fiance is taking me for subway tomorrow :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->