Confessions of a pregnant woman

Since we are talking about what the baby will look like, I definitely have a fear of having a not cute baby! I know, all mothers think their baby is the cutest in the world bla bla bla...but I am sorry, I have seen some not cute babies! Moms have to know!! I know, I sound horrible....but I do not want that baby that people are like, "ooohhhh he/she is so cute!" Then go home and call their friend and be like, "oh my gosh! Shay's baby is not cute at all!" Hahahahahaha. Especially since my nephew is seriously one of the cutest kids ever and never really went through that weird awkward stage. I know right when they come out they are rarely cute..but just weird and wrinkled.

Since we are talking about what the baby will look like, I definitely have a fear of having a not cute baby! I know, all mothers think their baby is the cutest in the world bla bla bla...but I am sorry, I have seen some not cute babies! Moms have to know!! I know, I sound horrible....but I do not want that baby that people are like, "ooohhhh he/she is so cute!" Then go home and call their friend and be like, "oh my gosh! Shay's baby is not cute at all!" Hahahahahaha. Especially since my nephew is seriously one of the cutest kids ever and never really went through that weird awkward stage. I know right when they come out they are rarely cute..but just weird and wrinkled.

You are not alone here. Some babies aren't so cute! Actually when my niece was born I thought she looked like an ugly cabbage patch kid! Awful of me, I know! She grew out of that quickly though and is quite pretty now :)

I'm wondering if I have a not cute baby if I'll even notice? Is that where the expression "a face only a mother could love" comes from? ;)

you know i think moms know if their babies are not soo cute lol. There was a thread in baby club about it and moms admitting that their babys are not so cute. Or that they were not cute babies but really cute toddlers! Let me try to find the thread lol its very funny

I just had blue cheese on my salad for dinner... Pasterized but I still felt a bit naughty lol. I eat sweets and junk food like the end of the world is coming, but I also eat fruits and veggies so I don't feel too bad. I had a healthy roasted chicken breast and white rice with my salad tonight.... And now I am going to go finish it off with a box of Girl Scout cookies lol

Duejan: that is funny! I would love to see it! I was an ugly baby!! I got cute when I was a toddler! My brother, lil shithead has always been cute! Never went though that ugly akward stage. Haha.

I love this thread so much!

I have the occasional hot dog, ham or chicken sandwiches, subway, soft serve ice cream and Chinese buffet nights..

I also (after being off it for the first 6-8weeks) have the odd can of coke. I crave frozen coke baaaaaaad.

Duejan: that is funny! I would love to see it! I was an ugly baby!! I got cute when I was a toddler! My brother, lil shithead has always been cute! Never went though that ugly akward stage. Haha.

My mom says she cried when she first saw me, now that I think about it lol.

She said I had bright red hair, my skin was dark purple and my face was was squished all crooked! She said I looked like an alien. Her mother had to convince her I wouldn't stay that way!! (I didn't, thank goodness :p )

Too funny! I too have a fear of having an ugly baby. I know they are all ugly when they're first born, but I'm talking when they STAY ugly. I'm white (half Italian) and my husband is Nigerian. I know most mixed people are gorgeous, but there are some bad apples! lol. Crossing my fingers for a gorgeous AND super bright one.

There is only one beautiful child in the world and every mother has it!

My lo had a lump on the side of his head where he came down fast (capult heamatoma) when I look back at pics I think wow how big was that lump but at the time I never saw it it wasn't an issue, he was just my beautiful baby ! X

Too funny! I too have a fear of having an ugly baby. I know they are all ugly when they're first born, but I'm talking when they STAY ugly. I'm white (half Italian) and my husband is Nigerian. I know most mixed people are gorgeous, but there are some bad apples! lol. Crossing my fingers for a gorgeous AND super bright one.

Hhahaha. Yeah, most mixed race children are gorgeous. My nephew is white and black and he has always been so cute....but I have seen some "bad apples" hahahaha. Italian and Nigerian is a good combo! I bet they will be beautiful!

She said I had bright red hair, my skin was dark purple and my face was was squished all crooked! She said I looked like an alien. Her mother had to convince her I wouldn't stay that way!! (I didn't, thank goodness :p )

When one of my Friends was in labor (my Godmother's daughter) was in labor she was crying and my Godmother was like, if it hurts that bad ask th nurse for some medicine, she replied with," I am not crying because it hurts,I am crying because I am afraid she is going to be ugly!" Hahahaha

I've been eating horribly, not eating fruits and veggies, not exercising, I ate 2 subs since I've been pregnant with deli meat but I did heat them to help it out a bit, I don't eat my eggs well done as I can't stand hard yolks and I've used a sniff of my nasal decongestant every now and then (pharmacist said it was ok once in a while) or else I would have never gotten any sleep!

And with DS, I did none of the above and was a perfect pregnant woman...weird!

Wow...that really did feel good!!!

You are not alone here. Some babies aren't so cute! Actually when my niece was born I thought she looked like an ugly cabbage patch kid! Awful of me, I know! She grew out of that quickly though and is quite pretty now :)

I'm wondering if I have a not cute baby if I'll even notice? Is that where the expression "a face only a mother could love" comes from? ;)

i had this fear when i was havein dd i was thinking i hope to god shes a pritty baby but thank god she was a cute baby!1

how sad is this though i asked OH'S mom for baby pics of OH jus to see what he looked like and he was adorable so fingers crossed this baby is cuts lol :haha:

Hhahaha. Yeah, most mixed race children are gorgeous. My nephew is white and black and he has always been so cute....but I have seen some "bad apples" hahahaha. Italian and Nigerian is a good combo! I bet they will be beautiful!

I'm pure celtic! half Irish half Scottish and my OH's family is originally from Jamaica.... His mom is harassing us all the time telling us that we've created the strangest mix and our baby might turn out really weird! :sulk: My aunt is the same as me other than some polish in her, and the father of her baby was from guinea, and the kid is sooo f*cking cute! I'm not too worried but I can't believe OH's mom keeps saying our baby might look weird!

Well.... I'm currently eating a deli club sandwich with a vanilla coke to wash it down... :blush:

I didn't know I was pregnant until 12-14 weeks, so I feel horrible about that first trimester. :shrug:

Also, put me down for being afraid of having an ugly baby. I have never been one to call a baby cute when it wasn't (some just aren't!!) and I'm afraid karma is going to come back and bite me. :dohh:

I had a few greek salad's a few months ago, then read how bad feta is and stopped myself from caving since. I also forget to take my prenatal probably at least once a week. :( I cave in too much for eating ice cream and chocolate the past 3 months - not supposed to gain much weight and supposed to only eat healthy due to my weight...

Well, if you combine all confessions posted in this thread, i have done probably 9 out of 10. I have eaten deli meat several times, as well as brie and feta cheese. I also have a small glass of wine every friday night! The worst thing is, I must confess I dont feel that guilty about it...wow I am such a bad mommy already.

I had half a glass of red wine last night and it was DIVINE! It was the first alcohol that I've had my entire pregnancy.

When one of my Friends was in labor (my Godmother's daughter) was in labor she was crying and my Godmother was like, if it hurts that bad ask th nurse for some medicine, she replied with," I am not crying because it hurts,I am crying because I am afraid she is going to be ugly!" Hahahaha

Bahahaha! I literally just LOL'd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->