Confused? can you help explain Positive OPK 6DPO? Dull cramping,achy lower back

Off topic too, have any of you looked into maca root? I don't know much about it but my first go around on here it was the popular ttc supplement

I don't know much about it, I can never find a whole love of good testimonials about it. I know my friend with PCOS had amazing luck with Soy isoflavones and swears by them and I think she took a vitex/cassava supplement to kick start her period because she hadn't had one in like 10 years but maca isn't one I'm familiar with. Are you trying it?

My nurse thinks my temp drop was probably the day my thermometer came in, and what I'm seeing IS the temp spike. We'll see!

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to try cassava when we start TTC. Hoping its a shorter journey than last time :p

Long multi-topic post here:

Yes, I have read a whole bunch of great stuff about Maca root. It def seems to be pretty popular. I haven't got any yet though, I think I have a pretty hefty bunch of herbs in my diet at the moment. lol.

Dill, that's a bummer about the spike being the day your therm came in :/ I'd have loved to see the spike! SO I dug out my therm last night! So Today, CD6 temp was 97.70!!! This seems like it will take some practice. I set my alarm for 5:45 to take my temp, but woke up at 5:15 on my own! So I took it then because I thought it would be "ruined" if I re-woke a half hour later. lol... so silly. Any good chart apps for iPhone that you guys know of?

SO... speaking of diet, this is a topic I've been avoiding like the plague, but need opinions. Hear me out. So I already told you guys, I used to be heavy drinker for years. I finally quit and have been sober for 10months. We thought that it definitely had an impact on my infertility because my body could never recover form the night before, was always poisoned and under stress. :/ Anyway, yay for being sober now. The thing is... I smoked cigs for only about a year or two, but got super addicted and finally ended up using nicotine lozenges to quit. Then I finally quit those too. BUT I reallllllly enjoyed my lozenges, even more than cigarettes. So during some of my stressful times of not drinking when I was getting really down and craving booze or SOMETHING, I considered getting on anti depressants for a while, though I really was emotially fine for the most part, I just thought turning myself into a zombie might help fight the urges. Anyway, I decided against that and thought I'd try picking up lozenges again to take the edge off. Yes, I still love them and am "addicted". Healthier than drinking and smoking, but I'm sure nicotine still negatively impacts fertility, so I still feel guilty about my lozenges.... BUT at the same time, I don't want to strip myself of ALL of my guilty pleasures at once..? I'm so torn, I really don't want to quit them, because I really feel that it helps me keep sober from alcohol. I prob have five 2mg per day, so 10mg of nicotine per day. Idon't know what I'm expecting anyone to say here, I know I should quit. :(

Also caffeine. I've heard that that's a big one that influences fertility. I Usually drink quite a lot of coffee... like prob 32oz per day. So I've tried to cut back this cycle... IT's TOUGH! I've been drinking about a 12oz half-caf, so like 6oz of caf.... Is this at least a good step? Quitting cold turkey is pretty much out of the question because it causes bad headaches and the zombie effect... and with school during the week and work on the weekends- I can't survive! What do you guys do about caffeine?

And what is Cassava?

Just downloaded the kindara app.... love it so far. It seems very easy to use. charting temps and such. Each day, when you click data, it has a list of stuff to input, like your temp, flow, cm type,opk results, hpt results, etc, then a little journal/comments section. So i don't have to remember all the stuff I need to chart, Love it!

I knowwww, I mean, I'm glad I'm seeing my temps go up the way they should be, but I missed the dip+spike itself. Boo. Hopefully I can at least get to see an implantation dip. My temp went up again this morning, at least.

I've been using FertilityFriend. It tracks EVERYTHING! Loving it. It tells me when my fertile period is, my probability for getting pregnant this cycle, I mean everything. I chart my temp, cervix and CM info, test results, miscellaneous symptoms, BD'ing... It's my new favorite app.

Beep, you know what the answer is gonna be ... nicotine is bad, caffeine is bad. You can drink a little caffeine (I've read under 200 or 300mg?) so you don't have to give it up completely, but you're pretty much limited to a cup a day. I gave up coffee about a year and a half ago. It was tough. Withdrawals, holy cow! And I get migraines, anyway, so it was awful. Now I only drink it on days when I just can't shake an existing migraine. I have maybe a cup every 2-3 months. I do indulge in a Coke every once in a while, though.

Oy, 10 days until testing! Less if I cave. I gotta admit, if I see a possible implantation dip, I may start testing 2 days or so after that. I'm a bad girl! But I am REALLY REALLY trying to hold out. 10 days isn't long at all!

I think Vitex is really bad for me?! I'e been taking it for 4 days or so, and have been experiences headaches (super weird for me), depression, exhaustion, and bad anxiety attacks-very tight chested feeling like I'm having breathing probs( I battle with anx, and that is a normal attack for me, though it's totally been under control for months)

Do you think this could all be form vitex, and i should quit it?

I'm sorry you've been feeling so unwell, Beep! :hugs: I was wondering if something was going on. If you're reacting badly to it, take a break and see if you improve. If so, you'll know it was the Vitex.

I just wonder, since it is supposed to correct hormonal issues, if maybe my hormones are being tweaked and I might need to wait it out for my body to adjust? I know that hormones can cause headaches etc. We will see, I'm going to try it a few more days if I can handle it and lower the dose. I can't wait to see you temp tomorrow!... I can't wait to see my temp tomorrow!!! :) I'm getting so excited to have an actual chart, I've been studying peoples charts pg and not pg and it is soooo interesting... I wish I would have started temping a long time ago. It would have saved me so many months of wondering if I O'd, why af was late, etc.

I love temping. Im so exctied about testing coming up dill! And beep im sorry youre feeling bad :( maybe it does just need some time to get everything in line?

Cassava is like a wild yam that is supposed to hsvehave phyoestrogen (or some such) and they make a supplement called cassanovum that has that and vitex and rasberry leaf etc that ive heard good things about.

Ultrasound and blood work today for the little bug. Its 4:30 am and I cant sleep im so nervous.

Beep, that's also a good plan. Starting with a lesser dose and working your way up could be a better way to ease into it! I just know there are some herbal supplements I never adjust to and can't take because of migraines, etc. Hopefully that won't be the case with you.

Today's temp was .01 down from yesterday. I'm basically holding steady.

How are you ladies doing?

Good luck with the ultrasound, Southern, I'll be thinking about you! Let us know how it goes.

Dill, steady is good right? In a little nervous because yesterday I was 97.7 and today 96.36?!

Volunteering kicked my ass today!!! I am soo not in the mood to go to class right now. I just want coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee.

Yep, steady is definitely good, for now! :D

That's quite the drop. Hrm!

Thanks! he doesnt have ascites which is a good sign, so now just waiting for the doctors word.

Beep, my temp plunges a lot right after my period ends. It always freaks me out.

Aw man I'm sorry, what happened at volunteering?

Oh, I forgot about AF... yeah, that would explain the drop. It's high during LP and drops after because of the loss of the extra progesterone.

Glad he doesn't have Ascites. Alwayyyys waiting on the doctors... ugh. Sorry!

And that makes total sense about being done with AF=temp drop... got it! So crazy because I still had a light flow of brown blood yesterday, but today only barely spotting. Temp drop! lol

And nothing really happened at volunteering. I didn't have any coffee when I woke up. Some days are just more busy and physically demanding than others.... and I'm still blaming my little hormonal mess... OH YEAH- AND NO COFFEE!!!

And just like that, the flood gates are closing, and they're setting up the ponies for the races. :D Hope you've got your opk pee sticks handy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->