Confused? can you help explain Positive OPK 6DPO? Dull cramping,achy lower back

Oh beep I'm so sorry the vitex was so awful for you :( Maybe since your hormones were already playing games the short amount of time on vitex will kick start everything. I'm glad you figured out what was going on though. You certainly don't need that kind of stress. :hugs:

Yeah, its totally crazy. I was feeling all these things. But individually, they are all normal, unfortunate things. I didn't connect them. Like---- damn, I have a headache today. DAMN! I have a headache today too! Man, I'm tired, must not have slept well. Ugh... don't want to go to school today- have no motivation to finish the term. Hmmm... fell asleep in class today, must just be super tired.---

Right? Mostly normal things that we all encounter. But then today when I was driving home, I was thinking about how I'm just going to end up old and sick like all of the patients I work for. And I couldn't help but think of the possibility of old dying people in every building that I drove by. Like every nice looking building I passed, I just imagined that there was probably somebody completely miserable inside... and the building wan't beautiful anymore... it was gross. Each building!!! And I was so down about it and just didn't even want to be part of the world anymore. Just wanted to call it quits while I was still "ahead" because there is no other way around getting old and sick.

When I got home, being the mostly rational person that am, I was like... what the hell just happened... this is SO not normal. A week ago I wanted to get pg and start a family!? So then I did the research and found some blogs of people experiencing ALL of the above- suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety attacks, insomnia, exhaustion & sluggishness, headaches... all of it! And there were a lot of people saying it's a shame that nobody ever really talks about the possible side effects, because although pretty uncommon- they are severe!

Just a bit of warning, incase you guys try it in the future. Hopefully the same doesn't happen with the maca.

Such polite cervix manners! The egg disintegrates 6-12 hours after ovulation, so it makes sense to close up shop once that happens. My cervix is a jerk, though. I think it secretly dislikes me. "Of all the vaginas in the world, I'm stuck in this one..." - my cervix.

NO SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. No. I would seriously cry if you did something drastic. Off the vitex, for sure, ASAP!

Oh wow! Thank you so much for telling us. I will definitely keep that in mind. I had never heard of those side effects. That is really scary. I guess I tend to forget that herbs are still "medicine" and have side effects.

Surely you'll have better luck with maca. Also you've just done SO great dropping alcohol and such I bet your body is overall in a much better place now.

I would think you'd have a little bit longer of a window. "Okay! Just released an egg, you have 12 hours to get to it before it's too late " Rather than "I just released an egg, but already closed my doors. Wouldn't YOU like to get in! Neener neener!"

I don't think I'd do anything drastic these days, so no need to worry! I've been there, done that before and have been very good since then. That was long ago! I'm like a whole different person now, definitely in a different place in my life. No more hurting myself. :) But man, that vitex was really creepin on me~ prob especially since I've been feeling like there is no way out of my current job. Feeling very stuck in the worst job I've ever had! Ugh... eyes on the prize! I won't have this job forever. I tell ya though, so many days it makes me wonder if I even want to continue with healthcare.
..... I DO though. I really do love it. Just not THIS job.

And thank you for the positive encouragement, BOTH of you. <3

You're an inspiration beep.

Also, (warning: pep talk coming) PLEASE don't give up on healthcare if it's what you want to do! There are sooo many things you can do with it. Even things like PTA are great pay, low stress and such short degrees to get. I think you'll make an amazing PA but if you're even just sick of waiting there are so many great things you'd excel at in medical iykwim. (Yeah, I know, I should talk. I dumped medical like a hot rock)

It doesn't slam the door right away! You have that window, I think, before it starts singing "closing time, " and tells the swimmers that they don't have to go home but can't stay here.

Seriously, beep, you made me tear up in a restaurant. Even if you're frustrated with the job, hang in there. Better things are coming, I guarantee it! I spent 11 years with a sociopath and couldn't leave my house or have friends, and there were many times I thought about self harm, but I got through it and my life came out better on the other side. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. A crappy job will make you a better person in the long run. It's an opportunity for personal growth and I have faith in your ability to make the most of it! You are too amazing to ever give up. You are too strong of a woman to be defeated.

*clears throat*

Ahem. Now, in breaking news, cramps cramps cramps. Omg.

Ok see the Ovulation window trips me out so much. There is this really popular method to sway for a girl called O+12 where basically you meticulously track your ovulation to the minute and the moment your ovaries say "OMG I'M RELEASING AN EGG" you count 8-12 hours and then baby dance till you cant move which is supposed to have like a 76% chance of a girl but it seems like shop would potentially be closed by then! o_O

That's backward! Male sperm are faster swimmers, but less hardy. If you bd close to ovulation, you have a better chance of a boy. BD a while back, amd the only swimmers left living are female.

First of all, you guys are being ridiculously supportive right now. I can't tell you how much it means to me.
-Yes I agree there are many jobs in healthcare that are less stress and short degrees, but I just don't think I'd be satisfied. I started out years ago deciding on radiography took 2 years of prereqs- it was the week of the application deadline- all my ducks were in a row, Straight A's ONE B. Had it all going for me, and I realized at the last minute that I KNEW I wouldn't be happy in the long run. Mediocre pay in a dying field, not only that but I'd just be taking X-rays... don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's easy, but I'm too inquisitive for that. I like to solve problems and LOVE inspecting and researching. I became passionate about the systems of the body and realized that I wanted to go big or go home. BUT didn't want to go to med school, because I'm not looking for the autonomy of a Dr. I don't want the ENTIRE responsibility on my shoulders, I want decent hours that work with more of a family dynamic. Honestly, I don't think I'll stop until I reach that goal. And this CNA ...experience....is just a stepping stone. It's made me a richer person for sure. I've helped people in their most vulnerable moments. I've cleaned more diarrhea out of the folds of scrotums than I care to admit. :) It's just totally insane to me that I make ONE DOLLAR more doing this BS than I did at my fun job at Starbucks. Anyway, that's not the point. I will reach my goal, and I know it will cost me many tears and possibly years of reapplying to schools, but I'm doing it.

Dill- I am SO happy to hear you positive outlook after your terrible 11 years. I can't imagine what that must have felt like to be essentially cutoff from life. I don't know how you lasted so long, but I am SO happy that you finally got the strength to get out :) And now you've found the right one NOW. And I remember you mentioning you wish you'd met him sooner because you feel like you are starting a family a little later than you wanted to... but you never know. You both might have done a lot of growing in the time it took to meet each other, and you might not have been the perfect match back then... ya know?

Southern- I have totally never heard of that method, and it doesn't make any sense to me!? Can you explain how it would work? I have heard of swaying for a girl by having sex before anticipated O- and since the Y sperm are so much quicker they swim up there and get burnt out of energy and die before ever meeting egg- then the egg release, while all the slow, fat girl swimmers are headed up there and waiting since they have more energy reserve. They are also more resilient regarding the elements I believe. All around more hardy. That's all just what I've heard. Haven't gone to school for it YET ;)

And Dill............ CRAMPS CRAMPS CRAMPS??? WHATTTT????? What does it feel like? Every detail possible please :) I can't wait for you to temp tomorrow. !!!!!!!

^ Agree with Beep, Dill. You are incredibly strong and amazing and I'm so glad you have a wonderful partner now! I bet he's awesome :)

Beep: I totally get ya, and you'll get there! you're hard working and smart and have great experience and you will rock this PA thing so hard it will run for it's life, and then you'll hunt it down and beat it to the ground for running away.

Ok, on the O+12 I KNOW IT'S BACKWARDS. It trips me out so bad. Ok so we were casually "swaying" for a girl the first time (bearing in mind we were cool with anything from the beginning and then by the end were just like OMG BABY ANY BABY PLEASE) and so we always DTD 3 days before (going by.... Gosh can't think of it, method with an S. super popular. Let's just call it S) aaaand DS was born (which is awesome).

So I started researching and turns out a lot of women were really frustrated with S method because, though it makes sense, they just had boy after boy after boy. So finally this study in new zealand followed like 162 couples (not a great pool, I know) and followed when they BDed compared to when they ovulated and when they got their LH surge and found that 3 days before actually significantly increased your odds of having a boy, 2 days before was about 50/50, 1 day before slightly favored boys but 8-12 hours after ovulation and shortly before temp spike the odds of girls SKYROCKETED like the line on the graph is almost straight pink.

The only theory is that as your temps rise they fry all the boy little boy swimmers and the hardy girl swimmers win. Also possibly something to do with Ph balance during an LH surge.

They break it down pretty well on ingender.com but all the reading I've done everywhere else seems to really favor girls in that window (mind you, that new zealand study was the only decently controlled one in the bunch but ya know).

WOWOWOWOWWWW I never would have thought. VERY interesting. It's so funny you worded it the way you did because as I was reading I was thinking I wonder if the temp spike cooks the males? And the you said temp rise fries the boys. Hahaha. That would make sense I suppose. If they really are that sensitive.

Speaking of that, have you heard about how much more common it is from boys to suffer from all the scary stuff? I literally can't think right now. not making sense. But boys are much more common to have complications and diseases etc. It's so strange, and they have a bunch of theories on why, but no solid findings. :( Poor guys

In all my genetics classes they always told us that boys have such bad luck with diseases because of the Y chromosome. Since girls are XX they have that extra leg of genes on that other chromosome to compensate for a bad gene on the other side so they basically have to get two copies of a bad gene to have an effect whereas boys, being just XY get one bad gene on that "leg" and they're screwed. At least thats what I was always taught.

Ironically, my sons disease is one of the few that actually favors females. Black and Asian females more specifically so a half white male was fascinating to all his doctors lol.

Temp down by about a third of yesterday's spike, but still quite elevated.

Soooo tired this morning.

I don't remember all your recent temps, could you list them please? :) So I can get a feel for what normal-ish?

Are temps usually pretty low before O? I'm still at like 96.2 Ifeel like that is so low?

Southern- I wrote a long response last night but I woke up today and saw that my comp froze mid-post so it never posted :/ But yes, I've heard that explanation as well. However I don't really understand how it would work with the barr bodies and such.

Beep - my chart!

Temps are low low low before ovulation, then jump up afterward.

Oh thanks!

I also just realized Last night I had my very sharp 30 seconds of pinching on my right ovary area last night. Same exact feeling I thought was O last cycle, and I think its actually on the same cycle day as last cycle too. But clearly it didn't turn out to be O. So I wonder what the heck?

Today is cycle day 9, but my temp was slightly lower today, so that definitely wasn't O last night. But it sureeeeee did feel like it.

Ok, Off to get my CPR renewed. Ugh. See you ladies later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->