Congrats Mommies! Just got my BPF yesterday. Looking for journey friends. EDD OCT 27

samsam23: I just found out as well! Well, about 5 days ago. I'm currently 4 weeks and 1 day! My EDD is Oct. 28th! I've had two losses, one "chemical" and one at 5 weeks too! I'm so scared but super excited! I love having this site to ask question and talk to people who don't think I'm crazy! lol.
Hopefully we all have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Hope welcome! The BnB world makes it so much easier. Looks like we are right in the same boat. How r u feeling. Ur just a day ahead of me!!! H&H 9 months to u as well.

Wow lovely updates ladies.

My fingers are crosed for you TXgirl. Keep us posted.

It is very strange on here to see how different things work in the US!

I will see the midwife for the first time at around 8-9 weeks. Whilst I am there she will schedule me an appointment for the first scan which will be around 11-12 weeks.

After that, if everything is ok, you get 1 more scan at 20 weeks and that is it.

If I remember from last time, i did have to see the midwife every 3 weeks after 20 weeks.

I am a little nervous at the moment, I have a friend and my cousin who both had miscarriages last year and found out at their scans at 12 weeks.

I dont feel any different really. Though i did feel sick when i woke up this morning for a bit (I never had sickness in my first pregnancy).

xx

Mrs P welcome!!! Hi when are u due and how many weeks are u?

Yes it's very different here. I guess in a way we're kinda spoiled. I couldn't imagine waiting that long to see a doctor. With my first pregnancy that doctor actually had a u/s In here office so literally EVERY single appointment I had I got to see the baby. I even was able to get a 3D with them and a video. So only being able to have one a few times with this pregnancy is going to be a downer a bit.

Congrats tho and H&H 9 months to u.

AFM my back pain has been getting a little worse. But at the same time it's still tolerable at this point. Have an amazing day ladies.

Welcome Mrs P! That sounds very similar to the process here in Australia. I will ask my Dr. to refer me for a dating scan at around 7 weeks as I have had a previous loss and would like the reassurance, but that's not standard practice.

Hi ladies! I have a 9yo daughter and a 18mo son, & we are expecting #3 on 10/24! Like many of you, I'm also nervous about the risks in early pregnancy! Ive had 3 miscarriages since 2012, and one healthy pregnancy giving me my son Paxton =) I'm taking progesterone already to supplement and prevent another early loss. Happy and healthy 9 months to everyone, can't wait to share our journeys!

Welcome MrsMNS. Sorry to hear about ur losses. I had a question. What is progesterone and what does it do?

Thank you! The progesterone I take is crinone vaginal gel, it's a prescribed by my dr for use during the first trimester. Though I'm not sure what my progesterone levels are, they were low in the past leading to miscarriages in the first two pregnancies. Progesterone is produced after ovulation and then made by placenta as pregnancy progresses, but low progesterone levels make it hard to sustain a pregnancy without the hormone supplementation. I hope that makes sense!!

Hi ladies. I got my BFP on 2/15 and am due Oct 28. I have 2 daughters 12 and 9. I have had 4 losses. Really hoping this is my rainbow!

Hi ladies! I'm Amy, I got my bfp February 12th. EDD is October 30th, but I will definitely have a c section at 38 weeks if I make it that far. Fx!
With my first pregnancy, I found out I was pregnant February 4th and was due October 13th (kind of neat)
I had DS September 13th via c section. I had pre eclampsia and he wasn't moving much at. He was perfect though!
It's a 50/50 chance of developing pre eclampsia again but I have high hopes. I'm not working and not stressed out. I worked with intellectual disabled people in a group home....very stressful!
I will be pregnant throughout the summer again with an almost 2 year old.
Sorry so long , thought I'd get some of my story out!
First appt is marsh 23rd, ill be 8+4. She said they go things different now, my first appt will just be meeting with the nurse and midwife then they will schedule US. Kind of bummed me out, i wanna see!!
Lots of doctors appointments for me, they will set me up with a perintologist, ill go every 3 weeks and ill get an ultrasound every time i go, so that's nice.
My symptoms: sore boobs, heightened smell, some nausea but nothing serious.
I'm also having a terrible time sleeping although I'm tired!
Enough about me

H&H 9 months to all of us

Mrs P welcome!!! Hi when are u due and how many weeks are u?

Yes it's very different here. I guess in a way we're kinda spoiled. I couldn't imagine waiting that long to see a doctor. With my first pregnancy that doctor actually had a u/s In here office so literally EVERY single appointment I had I got to see the baby. I even was able to get a 3D with them and a video. So only being able to have one a few times with this pregnancy is going to be a downer a bit.

Congrats tho and H&H 9 months to u.

AFM my back pain has been getting a little worse. But at the same time it's still tolerable at this point. Have an amazing day ladies.

Oh this is so similar to my situation! My MW with #1 had a small US machine in her office so I got to see baby at every appointment.
This MW doesn't even have the first appt until 12-13 weeks and don't have an US machine on site. 😭

Anyone else have a backache from hell? My Lower back kills right now! Other than that I just have mild cramping here and there, very mild nausea here and there, had diarrhea for a couple days but I think that's gone now. I'm still really Hungry, peeing all the time and tired.
I also can't wait to get to the second trimester! It's just so much easier and more fun ☺ i hope everyone has great day! ☺☺☺☺☺❤❤❤❤❤

Yes! I'm having terrible lower back pain. I can't tell if I just need to go to a chiro or not.

The backache is kind of intermittent now but i still can't sleep. And last night i woke up a few times in a puddle of sweat :(

Night sweats are so not fun but I'm with you there! Unfortunately I get them off an on, even without being pregnant lol but being pregnant makes my night sweats a guarantee �� So uncomfortable!

Night sweats are so not fun but I'm with you there! Unfortunately I get them off an on, even without being pregnant lol but being pregnant makes my night sweats a guarantee �� So uncomfortable!

So this is normal? I rarely get night sweats unless I'm sick. Last night i was literally dripping in sweat! Ugh. I had the heat on 72 which is pretty normal and went to bed very comfortable.... Idk. I was gonna go to the beach today because it's a beautiful 76 degrees and sunny here in St. Pete :) but if I'm getting sick, the sun will just make it worse by compromising my immune system and skin with a burn. I always go out on the first good beach day every year and get a nice solid burn because it turns into a tan the next day and just tans the rest of the summer....

Oh my goodness I envy you and your Florida weather, I say go for it! I'm in Colorado lol and it's snowingggg! Although everyone is different, nightsweats are normal for me unfortunately! I think a lot of women experience them during pregnancy. Sounds disgusting but I'm in the habit of leaving an extra change of clothes out, or two lol. Hopefully they will just be a rare thing for you!

I've been having night sweat as well.I say get some sun, vitamin D is so good for you, especially during pregnancy! I'm in Illinois and it's very cold and windy here

I would hate living north of here, lol. I've grown up here and everything i do around the beach. I love it! Swimming, fishing, boating, tanning etc. I would go crazy without it. I guess i could go for a little while ☺ thanks ladies! Have a good day!

I would love to move south but not as far as Florida! I went there once, in June, I almost died!

Yeah, a lot of people can't handle the humidity. They say it's a smothering feeling? But i guess being born and raised here, I'm used to it. ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->