Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hey ladies! have a question too...so i got my pos lh surge fri morning and my new local donor came by fri evening to drop his small sample off for insem and he was unable to come by yesterday due to unexpected visit from out of town family for him but he came by today around 2pm for another donation which was about twice the amount from friday...thank goodness....so do you think he should come by again tomorrow evening? seems like he's covered the bases? yes? input appreciated....

welcome happy!!! i wish u the best of luck and lots of baby dust!!! :) :)

haj..fingers crossed for ya!! :)

I would say all the bases have been covered hun. I don't know about you but I usually O 2 days after + opk so yeah, you should be good x

Ok ladies, I'm sooooo confused right now. I'm on CD23. I went to the dr on cd10 for my follicle check and he told me it was 26mm and to go home and bd because I was going to ovulate at any minute. I started temping this month but became concerned when a lot of my temps seemed similar. I was getting 97.18,97.33,97.58, 97.6. & 97.9. I got one temp above but otherwise those were my only temps. So after doing some research on this thermometer (the pink Walgreens one), I found out this was a problem with this thermometer. So needless to say I don't think my temps were accurate. so the past few days I've been using a regular digital temp as well. So fertility friend said I ovulated at CD15, now today its saying CD20. I dont know what to think. How could the doctor say at CD10 I was about to ovulate any second and then I dont till CD20. I had a temp drop today which i was hoping was an implantation drop but then fertility friend changed me to CD20. So I'm so lost :(

Well if the bbt that you were using was bust I would go with what your doctor said tbh hun. Chuck that bleedin thing out and get a new one. Hopefully you wont need it though :thumbup: everything crossed for you :dust:

it could be that your body geared up to ovulate but didnt quite manage to, so tried again hence the later ovulation

:hugs:

HAJ, I would go with the doc as well if the thermo, bad. GL FXD!

Hi :wave: new-comers! GL FXD! :dust:

AFM...Busy, tiring weekend for me, and AF has come a little earlier than normal(after MC) so I am a little down (total meltdown to DW yesterday!), but hanging in. As I mentioned, because we cannot do this the traditional way, I likely will not be testing until Jan/Feb.. :sad1: But I am here for my testing threads!! Dec, Jan, and Feb going now! (links on each thread)Let's get these BFPs rolling ladies:dust:

hello ladies,

i started spottting today cd 40 18dpo...am pleased as if AF comes i can start again!!!

xxx

I guess well find out in a week. I'm hoping it was just the bbt bc otherwise we didn't bd at the right time and missed it :( what bbt is a good brand??

I'd definitely say it was the thermometer you were using too, I used to use that one and I got the exact same results as you all the time. I ended up swapping in June and my charts have been fine ever since :thumbup:

AFM, I think I ovulated yesterday at CD17 which is great because last cycle it was CD22 :dohh: My donations were CD11, CD14 and CD17 so hopefully it might lead to something.

Good luck to anyone who's in the 2ww!! xx

well im convinced im not pregnant, and now waiting for AF to start.
i'm 5DPO and have a few symptoms such as nausea, cramps, tingling nipples and today i have a strange taste in my mouth, but not metallic it's soapy :wacko:
im convinced my mind is playing tricks on me

TTC, that is great, sounds like timing is great too! :dust:

TICKING, I think that your chart indicates something better, hang in there, maybe try not to SS this cycle and relax yourself intoa BFP! :dust:

AFM...AF has come a little earlier than normal (after MC) so we are looking into what if anything we will be able to get together to TTC again soon. I likely will not be testing until Jan/Feb as financing TTC will be better then.. :sad1: But I am here for my testing threads as I said I would be!!! I have Dec, Jan, and Feb going now! (PM for the links) Let's get these BFPs rolling ladies:dust:

So sorry MM.. :hugs: really thought this would be your month. but surely you'll get that 2012 baby. :baby:

Faith, this might be a bit too late, but getting more donations won't hurt.

Ticking, I don't think you are out. 5DPO is too early and maybe these signs are implantation - i always thought, the earlier the better.

Emma, just been to your thread, yup, i think this cycle is a lot better than last one.

Come on, could someone pls get a Christmas :bfp: :haha: :xmas3:
____

AFM, don't know why I don't feel confident anymore. :shrug: I've just finished my first FS appointment and somehow it's more of knowing why I'm not getting pregnant instead of helping me get pregnant. Somehow I just need to know so maybe it will be easier to deal with and maybe move on.. I dunno.. Sorry for being a downer. :shrug:

MM~ :hugs: :hugs: Sorry AF flew in, I hope 2012 will bring your bfp. :flower:

Ticking~ Sounds like it could be promising. Sending :dust: your way..

Faith and TTC~ Good luck and hope this tww ends with Christmas bfps!!!

Lian~ I hope you get some answers soon and no need to be sorry, better to vent and let it out than hold it in. :hugs:

AFM~ Just waiting for Thursday and Saturday to hurry up. :haha: Feeling thankful that the weather has been pretty mild, making it easier for my donor to get here. I love sunshine! :) I agree, lets get these Christmas bfps rolling in... :xmas5: :xmas8:

hello ladies,

i started spotting today so a matter of days till AF.

I have a long irregular menstrual cycle.

Once i get a high on CBFM i try to inseminate every other day till it goes to low. Can you think of any other things i could do to help?
i take B50 , a prenatal and a fish oil

x

well im convinced im not pregnant, and now waiting for AF to start. i'm 5DPO and have a few symptoms such as nausea, cramps, tingling nipples and today i have a strange taste in my mouth, but not metallic it's soapy :wacko: im convinced my mind is playing tricks on me

i was convinced i was out the month i got my bfp

Ok ladies, I'm sooooo confused right now. I'm on CD23. I went to the dr on cd10 for my follicle check and he told me it was 26mm and to go home and bd because I was going to ovulate at any minute. I started temping this month but became concerned when a lot of my temps seemed similar. I was getting 97.18,97.33,97.58, 97.6. & 97.9. I got one temp above but otherwise those were my only temps. So after doing some research on this thermometer (the pink Walgreens one), I found out this was a problem with this thermometer. So needless to say I don't think my temps were accurate. so the past few days I've been using a regular digital temp as well. So fertility friend said I ovulated at CD15, now today its saying CD20. I dont know what to think. How could the doctor say at CD10 I was about to ovulate any second and then I dont till CD20. I had a temp drop today which i was hoping was an implantation drop but then fertility friend changed me to CD20. So I'm so lost :(

Out of curiosity, what happens when you discard the temp for cd7?:shrug:

TTC- good timing, FX'd! GL on your 2WW! :dust:

Ticking- Why so negative? Hang in there, relax... it looks good from here. FX'd for you! :dust:

MM- :hugs:

Lian- :hugs: Sometimes just knowing is half the battle. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I can't imagine.

Happy- Sounds like you're on a good track! Have you considered tracking on FF and temps? That could let you know if/when you actually ov'd, which might be helpful.

AFM- I started insem last night! :happy dance: I got so sick of wondering what's going on with my body and worrying I would miss it, I just told the IFs to come over and get it started. I think it was smart to start now, even though I know this isn't going to work yet, because we were all soooooooo nervous! Seriously, I cannot imagine a more awkward thing to do. But after a few times we will all be more comfortable, I'll have worked out exactly the best way, and that way when it really matters, it won't be wasted. After talking to one of the IFs this morning, he thinks it would be smart to do every few days this cycle until I get a definite AF or sign that I've ovulated, and then we can start worrying about timing. Let me tell you, it feels SO GOOD to finally be DOING something!

I've been using OPKs every morning (nothing yet) and temping, and my chart is all over the place. I don't know if it's because I'm such a restless sleeper or what, and I'm sure working nights doesn't help. I'm really hoping I can still pinpoint my O, though.

GL everyone!

hello ladies...hope everyone is having a great day :) so im 9dpo and for some reason today I'm feeling a confident. i have felt really negative about the whole conceiving thing the past few weeks but today i feel good. Yesterday I had a dip in my temps and it went back up today. (I'm hoping its an implantation dip!!) I hope I'm not jinxing myself and yesterday I noticed my nipples are a little sore...which is unusual for me. AF is due Sunday...fingers crossed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->