Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

absolutely beautiful layla!

got the positive blood test results today, due date is october 5th :)
Its just been a whirlwind few days, i honestly believed i was uncapable of getting pregnant, so the fact that it happened the first month is just WOWWWW!

but on the other hand ive been working and preparing my body to try for another baby for 2 years when i decided to go on this journey to lose 250lbs, so god knows its been a trying time, and i guess i was still in that mind set as i was before. i really feel like ive come full circle. i feel so blessed.

That's so exciting! That's amazing that you lost so much weight too, good job! I could stand to lose about 60 right now and it's so hard to stay motivated. So, I can imagine what a crazy journey that was for you! So excited for you guys :) You should post to the success stories page...

Congrats mizcee18!

AFM, I finished my last of 3 inseminations this morning--I'm officially in the 2ww! Many prayers and FX for a Valentine's BFP! :happydance:

Congrats mizcee.
Finger's crossed Lesbianmystiq.
How are you mummylou23? Have you tested?

Good luck ladies in the 2WW! Should be Oing in a little over a week...so just waiting!

Congrats ticking! She's beautiful!

Good to see you ticking :) such a beautiful avatar pic, hope you're both well x

Yeah we're both doing well,
Just having to contend with post pregnancy hormones :-/
x

So, I did some research on the At-Home Success Stories thread because I was curious about how many people had used what methods. It's silly I know, but its what I do...So, here are the stats:

There were approximately 43 successful pregnancies reported through at-home insemination. Out of those 43:
74% of these were conceived in the first 3 months
86% were conceived in the first 6 months
20 of them used a syringe (no softcup)
17 used softcups either alone or in addition to a syringe
12 used either preseed or conceive plus
4 used a catheter with their syringe to get closer to the cervix

Hope this helps someone! lol

So, I did some research on the At-Home Success Stories thread because I was curious about how many people had used what methods. It's silly I know, but its what I do...So, here are the stats:

There were approximately 43 successful pregnancies reported through at-home insemination. Out of those 43:

Yes thank you!!!

Hi there everyone!

I was on the board for a bit in the summer the first time my partner and I tried to inseminate. we tried then for 3 months and then took a break as we got married in August, moved, and i started a big new job. But now we are back in ttc land... It's the 2 of us, and a friend of mine who is our donor.

We tried this past weekend 3 times, we travelled to him (a few hours away.) And I do think we nailed the timing: inseminated Friday night, Saturday midday, and today midday, using instead cups, and I am fairly certain I O'd late Saturday. (I'm using the Clearblue monitor, temping, and sometimes a an extra OPK.

Here's hoping! It feels waay more relaxed than it did in the spring/summer months that we tried.., maybe we are just getting better at it :) hopefully that helps, somehow!

Sending everybody baby dust....

You really are type A -lol

It's awesome. Was there data relating to frozen/shipped/fresh semen in regards to the time it took to conceive?

Just a favour that I would like to ask you folks here

The vote on equal marriage is coming up on Tuesday. Some of you know how important equal marriage is to myself, and my gay friends and family. I think regardless of anything, you should be able to celebrate your love with the person you want to spend your life with just the same as everyone else.

I want to be able to explain to my future children that gay, white, black, transgender, disabled or whatever people are are equal in this world.

If you believe in equality please consider filling in the forms on this site to send an email to your local mp asking them to vote YES to equal marriage in the vote on Tuesday.

If you don't agree, that is fine, but for those who do, please take the time to do something that will cost you nothing, and will take up barely five minutes of your time.

https://www.c4em.org.uk/

Thankyou :)

I have been stalking this thread for a while but never posted, but it's about time to get involved. I was not planning on TTC for quuuuite a while as me and my fiancee wanted to wait til we were civil partnered but we recently agreed we want a baby more than anything so it will be a few months, rather than a few years. Yay yay yay.

So now it's a case of finding a donor, preparing my body and off we go :)

Darn! Well, if it means anything, you've got my support here!

Canada legalized same sex marriage a few years ago, and the majority of Canadians were in favour of it. Unfortunately, we'll always have the old foagies who never progress, but as the young population with open minds continues to grow, I have no doubt in my mind that acceptance will also grow.

Absolutely, but I feel not having equal marriage prohibits it. How can I explain to my future child that gay people are the same as straight people when they have different rights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->