Could use a buddy

ahhh so much information hhaa!

pino- definitely test tomorrow! if AF is due within a few day then the test might just pick it up! and if not your signs are really good ! and a high temp is even better :O

lxb- I stayed over at one of my best friends new flat last night and so I couldnt temp today, and I completely forgot yesterday morning haha! I suck! they were all over the place anyway so dont think they were really telling me much :( how are you? think you are going to be Oing any time soon?

yeahh ladies you really need to watch this film, it was really moving! there is another kinda story line that ties it all together about a small boy that they meet in a spanish town when they break down. somthing they said in it like 'what happens in the future will happen but none of it will matter if you dont keep hold of what you already have' made me think about how much I really love OH! and he has become a lot more caring and reminding me of him loving me haha since I spoke to him about it :)

p.s im 8dpo and having absolutely no symptoms so im guessing this month aint the month :(

country - Yay for bday week!! :dance: scan day is almost here!!! MIL will be gone 'til Oct 1st! Cruise to Denmark for a week? Then they (MIL, FIL, and another couple) will drive to Canada!! (No idea which part! They'll be driving from NY ... so probably somewhere close to there! :shrug:)

treasured - AHH! Still no temp!! I was hoping to see high temp today from you too! afm, i have NO idea when/if I Oed this cycle. Been getting -OPK and guess my body is still out of whack! Pimple-attack has gone and now it's off to canker-sore attack! :cry: so painful~~ oh... no symptoms isn't a bad thing! I know plenty of people who has no symptoms and BAM! BFP! :dance:

I had some red spotting today and I'm freaking out! Clinic said not to worry but I can't help it!

Sash--- :hugs: maybe implantation?? What day did they do implantation again??

Oh god that made no sense :shrug: As you can tell I know nothing about this... It's to early for this to be your period though right?

Oooh Sashimi, know bleeding is nerve wracking but also hoping it is just implantation bleeding too. Plus my mum bled a little when she was pregnant with me and all was fine.

Pino, hope your temps stay high. Yay for birthdays Country! Lxb not long now of MIL. Treasured-am liking your laissez faire attitude.

Well I have had a shitty day and come home to an empty house as OF away playing golf. It was shitty cos I was hauled in by my 2 bosses to try and manipulate me into staying in current role longer. I really didn't like the way they spoke to me plus one even lied saying they'd spoken to HR and i was contractually obliged to work 4 working weeks rather than a month regardless of whether i'm taking holiday or not-I checked contract and with HR and it's just not true! I am so mad about it and am trying to decide whether to accept any of their proposals-i.e. to work another week for them, before starting my new job 4 days a week and working the 5th day for them for following 3 weeks (this would include the largest event i've ever worked on which would be really stressful). It is certainly putting a dampener on what have always been good working relationships.

Wish OH was here, at least i have the Paralympics for company though-now they are amazing xxx

That's it! Haribo, what is your work phone number? Your boss is about to get an obscene phone call from me. They absolutely CANNOT make you work longer. They can request it, but they cannot make you. I have been in this situation where I had a holiday to Chicago booked prior to starting a new job. In Canada, it is standard to give your employer 2 weeks notice when leaving your role. So while it wasn't ideal, I ended up working just one week and had my other week vacation. I think it is SO important that you take a week off between jobs as it can be very stressful. By law they have to give you a good reference in the future, so don't worry about pleasing them. Just focus on you and your new job. It is amazing news and you should feel very proud of yourself. Personally, I have found that the new job I started back in April has taken a lot of pressure of TTC. Yes, it is often difficult to attend doctors appointments and major procedures like I just had, but my work has been very accommodating and does not ask me to explain why I need time off. To me that is the sign of a great employer!

Anyway, I still need to rant about Haribo's current and soon-to-be former employer here. I have worked at some really toxic places and the best advice that my quirky 85-year-old grandmother has ever given me is this: When you aren't happy at your job or someone is treating you unfairly, you simply stand up, swing your purse over your shoulder and walk out with your head held high. So Haribo, when the time is up at your job, just swing your purse over your shoulder and walk out. You don't owe them anything!

AFM, the spotting seems to have stopped... I had some mild cramps. I just don't know if IB can be red. It was just a couple drops, it was very thin in consistency and then it was gone. The progesterone suppositories made me spot all the time, but since I have been on the injections I haven't had any spotting. I literally called my doctor from the bathroom stall with shaking hands, and when the nurse answered I started hyperventilating and sobbing. While she assured me that I shouldn't worry, it just showed that I do not have a very good emotional grip on this whole thing.

Sash---- I think you are doing great!! IB can be red, so don't worry. (I used Dr. Google) :haha:

Haribo--- I agree with Sash, keep you head high!!! :hugs:

Haribo - No!!! Your employer is acting awfully. Don't give in!! You deserve your vacation! In the US it is standard, too, to give 2 weeks. Last time I quit they were angry that I offered a month and not more--I thought I was being very generous! We've got your back :gun:

:growlmad: Yes!! Give me your boss's number to me too! I'm w/ sashimi too! I have no problem calling and give them my two cents! We're here for you!

sashimi - Ahh... I hope it's IB! 9dpo sounds about right! Crossing EVERYTHING I've got for you that this is it!!

Thanks Sashimi, you're very sweet. It's tricky as my new job is in the same organisation but a different department. And my new boss isn't helping-he hasn't pushed back and said no to the requests or that I absolutely have to start on so and so date-instead he's told me it's up to me. And current bosses are saying how i am being defensive, not very reciprocal or mature(!) and all this other bulls%it to make me feel bad and cave in to their demands, it's enraging. If I decide to stay on it will only be because i love my direct team so much and they are struggling numbers wise at mo due to lots of changes. Can't imagine how they would have kicked off if it was 2 weeks notice like you had! That's the thing about employers, notice periods work both ways: they also are able to get rid of me if they wanted at a month's notice-i can't imagine i'd have much grounds for negotiation if the tables were turned.

Glad you were able to speak to someone at clinic about spotting. And you're dealing with this very well so please don't think you're not-I bet any women would be pretty emotional in this position so don't beat yourself up about it.

xxxx

That's tough Haribo! Have you planned to go somewhere during your vacation? When I started here, I had a 17 day trip to Vancouver and Hawaii planned and it was during the worst time! But they worked around it and again, I was very thankful for that. Life happens before new jobs, so if you already have something booked I say just go for it. Now I'm angry at your new boss and will also need his/her phone number!! :)

Honestly, the not knowing is tough. A co-worker of mine invited me out for cocktails on Friday of next week and I thought to myself I don't know how I will feel by this time next week because I don't know the outcome. When I saw the spotting, I started to shake, nearly keeled over and rolled out of the bathroom stall. I felt like I was going to faint! This whole thing is like waiting to find out if I wont the lottery. I have the ticket, I just don't know yet if its the winning numbers.

Lxb I'm glad your MIL is going away on an extended vacation. Do you live with FIL too?

We've booked flights to Sicily for that week.

I don't think i'd want to commit to plans next week as totally agree, you just don't know how you're feel. I'm praying you've got a winning lottery ticket. Is it next Wed that you will go in and see how everything is progressing? You've certainly broken the back of the 2ww which is a relief-over half way there!

This is going to sound odd but for 1st time ever i'm actually a bit worried i might be pregnant this month as then i'd be starting this massive new job mid October with loads of responsibility already pregnant and all things going well, heading off mid May on maternity leave. That's not very many months! I know that's silly as we don't owe our employers anything and we are all entitled to have children but am finding it worrying thinking about it. So strange having mixed feelings about something i've wanted for so long. I am sure i have no need to worry though (am on my 14th cycle!)
xxx

haribo - argh~~ I need your boss's phone number too! :growlmad:

sashimi - I think you might've hit the jackpot but just don't know it yet~~ :thumbup: Nah.. FIL doesn't live with us.

Long story short about MIL & FIL
* MIL and FIL had affair when FIL already has a family
* MIL remarried to a guy (who has 3 children of his own) while DH was ~2-3 yrs old?
* MIL's (now) ex-husband had affair with another lady and they had divorce (10 yrs ago)
* The 3 children cut off DH completely saying he's not their 'real' brother even though they grew up together for the past 15+ years
* MIL brought DH (he was 19) to AZ after the divorce along with some money, bought a car... invested the rest of the money in stock (which she lost all of it). From what she told me, she kept calling the ex to harass him because she was soooo hurt and emotional
* MIL decided that the only way to cut off the ability to "call" the ex is to move back to another country (to stay with her oldest son ---> that's another story) and left DH here by himself
* DH was in depression for the longest time until he met me (3 years later) <- he told me that :)
* In the mean time, FIL (biological dad) steps in financially to help with DH's tuition fee
* Now, 10 years later, she got her residency from DH and moved in with us
* FIL comes visit every so often and he considered her as his 'wife' ... :dohh:

There are TONS of drama and I can just go on and on and on..... but i won't start here~ :haha:

Wow lxb, that is confusing! I am not sure i totally get it but lots of affairs and divorces-yikes! Does MIL live in your house or does she have separate little place on site? I don't know how you do it either way-i take my hat off to you, you are a great wife!

xxx

haribo - :haha: dh has a complicated "family" with all the steps/half siblings. to make matter worst... MIL isn't exactly the person who acts like an adult (which I expected her to be since she's a "mom"). And lots of dramas. And unfortunately, she is living IN the same house as us. I have TONS of stories about her. The upside of this is.. DH is on my side! :bodyb: I remember a few times he told me .. "she's sooo annoying". And I was thinking to myself.. "YOU are telling ME?!" I considered myself to be VERY easy-going and patient. And she has pushed me to my limit and beyond. Now.. whenever I see her... I only answer her questions but never to initiate anything with her. It has been awkward ever since a 'tornado-type-fight'... and she has certainly left me alone since she found out about my mc. So as long as she doesn't create drama for me... I have no problem with her. (can't you now see why the countdown?? :haha:)

OK so me and OH went out and bought tests. I really want to take one now, but I am so scared of a negative. My tummy has been a little upset today. I don't know if it's me not feeling good or me being nervous, like butterflies :shrug: I don't know how to explain it, but I have never felt like this before taking a test before :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->