Could use a buddy

The whole HPT experience this morning was so surreal. Like I said before, the second line didn't appear right away and that's when I thought it was going to be yet another neg! Suddenly, that second line started to appear and I fell off the toilet and started yelling "Oh my God!!!" In a very high-pitched voice! LOL! OH was in the bedroom watching TV and he yelled WHAT!!! And I said the stick is positive, and I showed him and he couldn't believe it. We went out for brunch today to purely celebrate seeing 2 lines. OH told me he was very nervous for me to take the HPT, but in the past it has helped prepare me for results from the clinic. Part of me still can't imagine the clinic calling on Tuesday and saying it's for real. My acupuncturist who is a good friend of mine said that it is safe for me to get excited because obviously hcg is present in my urine... I'm still so shocked! I got a bit ahead of myself and started asking OH how we will travel to Vancouver to visit his family and how do people get on a 5 hour flight with a baby, formula, stroller, car seat. That's when he told me to cool down and let's just get through Tuesday to find out for sure if this is all real!

I didn't ugly cry until about 10 minutes ago when I heard Blackbird by the Beatles on the radio. The lyrics: " All your life You were only waiting for this moment to arise" pretty much just made me break down and I had a good ugly cry session.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouraging me still while I wait to do a blood test this Tuesday.

Haribo: I can't remember if I said this before, but I was really excited the other day when you mentioned that you have been to Banff and have had a poutine!!! Banff is one of my favourite places on earth!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sashimi I am soo happy for you girl!!! I had to sign on bc I has this feeling you might have tested. My heart could just about burst with happiness for you! What a wonderful moment for you after such a crazy journey. I hope your nine months are filled with so much happiness, joy and peace (I sound like a Christmas card and I totally don't care). Ahhh this is amazing news!!!!!!

It's 6:30 here and I did another HPT. Still positive. I had a terrible sleep and caved in and took some medication for sleeping that my doctor said would be safe. I'd prefer not to take anything at all, but at the rate I was going I would have been up all night! Now I've woke up early for no reason! At first the BFP line on today's HPT looked a lot lighter and I freaked but after letting it sit for a few minutes it became just as dark as yesterday!! How will I make it through until tomorrow for the clinic to confirm this is real???!!

Sashimi - I had the same experience with hpts--some seemed darker or lighter than the day before but usually if I let them sit they'd fully 'develop'. I finally did two tests with the same pee and the lines showed different darkness, so I think each test has a different amount of dye! Don't worry. You will make it to tomorrow. Did you call to tell them you got a +?

Sash--- I agree w/ Lauren, all tests, even the same brand and batch have a diff amount of dye even slightly. Sorry you are having trouble sleeping, it's probably all the excitement.

SO I am really confused. I am 2 days late, and the hpt is negative! On top of that the last 3 days my temperature has stabalized, it is really weird. I am getting really frustrated.

sashimi - agree with these ladies. all htps are different! SOOOO excited for you!!! Probably you're too anxious to fall asleep~ :) Can't wait 'til tmr's confirmation!! :dance:

pino - maybe you have a shy bfp~ :hugs: temp still looks great!

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm a total wreck today as I don't think my nerves can take this! It will be a long 24 or so hours until I get the results. Whhheeewww until then I keep peaking in my purse to make sure the lines are still there. Yes I'm a lunatic and carrying my POAS around with me as if they are the latest accessory!!

:haha: Ooo~~ BFP is a GREAT accessory~~~ Looking forward to the confirmation!! Is it 24 hours later yet???

Sashimi - I totally get it and your blood test will go great! :) When I finally did my two htps with one pee I did an Answer and FRER. The Answer supposedly only picks up hcg at 100mg or whatever the unit of measurement is while FRER should pick up 25. This made me think that the Answer would be way lighter and it was super darker than the control line while the FRER test line was equal darkness to control. So you just can't tell based on that! As long as you're still getting a + you're good :)

Pino - Maybe you do have an elusive BFP!! Those temps sure look nice. Are you doing FMU every time? My SMU ended up working better if I waited a few hours. But I also pee all through the night! Fx for you :hugs:

sashimi im lolling so much at accessorizing your bfp! so good! all will be fine :D so excited for you :)

pino- I think theres still hope girl!! some bfps dont show till like 16DPO! your temp leveling looks good! even if this isnt your month at least you have a good length LP!!

I think I am going to start temping vaginally from next cycle because I think the reason my temps have been so low is cause my room is freezing/ I have a cold... therefore the thermometer was a lot colder than it should be and my mouth always open! I read that you should warm it up before taking it So I did, my oral reading was 36.61 compared to yesterdays 35.87, and vaginally it was 36.68. So im not too ice-like this month after all haha! not sure it is helpful for my bfp though cause this is roughly the same temp as last month before AF!

I do use FMU but today I used both 1st and 2nd :shrug: So IDK I always thought my temp would go way up there and then stabilize, but IDK

treasured--- I also do mine vaginally, but I find that if I have sex right before bed it can tweak my temp a bit, but other than that it is much more reliable than orally

OK so this afternoon I have really bad heartburn and waves of nausea, they go as fast as they come :shrug: I also have a headache. I keep thinking AF is coming cause of cramps, but they keep going on and off as well......

All our pregnant crazy ladies---- What were your symptoms? Am I just nuts? (My OH thinks so :haha:)

Pino - my most obvious sign was the nausea but I also cried a lot. I got a bad headache the day after my bfp and have had little cramps on and off since about 5w.

I take that back, the cramps started the day I missed AF.

I haven't been crying but I have been really extremely moody. Cramps started 2 days before AF was supposed to start :shrug: I know there is hope, but I really wish I could find out either way sooner! I am NOT a patient person!!

OK so this afternoon I have really bad heartburn and waves of nausea, they go as fast as they come :shrug: I also have a headache. I keep thinking AF is coming cause of cramps, but they keep going on and off as well......

All our pregnant crazy ladies---- What were your symptoms? Am I just nuts? (My OH thinks so :haha:)

heartburn, check
nausea, check
dizziness, check
headaches came a bit later
and AF "like" cramps from about 3-4 dpo for me.

Fingers crossed for ya :dust:

Another BFN, and a slight drop in my temp. I am so confused! I think I am going to hold off testing for a while as I feel like I am wasting all these tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->