Could use a buddy

Sashimi, no need to apologize, that would have completely sent me over the edge!!! Your poor OH--his family sounds like a real handful right now. The good thing is that you two are a united front in how you want your new family traditions and dynamics to go. Why does this time of year seem to bring out the worst in family??

I have no idea why this time of year always seems to have extra unnecessary stress! I think OH sent a note to the family saying the gag gift gone completely wrong has even dealt with and we don't want anyone else to drag it out or keep bringing it up to the sister.

I'm feeling better about it, even though my emotions were through the roof on the weekend. At least it's made for an entertaining story!! OH had retold it a few times at work this week.

We are off to NYC this week. Doesn't look like we will get any snow for the holidays but im looking forward to it nonetheless!

So exciting!!! It will be pretty either way. NY could get hit with that superstorm later this week, right? If it does hopefully it avoids your travel days and just gives you a nice festive dusting!

I am officially waiting for my very first flight to Oklahoma.....wish me luck

Hi ladies, just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! You all hold a special place in my heart :)

:hugs: ladies~

Merry Christmas and happy holidays :hugs:

Merry Christmas and happy 2013 all, let's hope they're happy, healthy and productive for all of us. Love h xxxx

Merry Christmas ladies :) Hope you all had a nice day and im sending christmas love and wishes to everyone :) xxx

Merry late Christmas!! And Happy early New Year!! :) here's to 2013 brining the rest of our overdue BFPs to the crazy ladies!! Thank you all for being such wonderful friends :hugs:

I just had a chance to read over Sashimi's story, that is not funny! I definitely think you did the right thing to call the cops. It's a shame they chose that way to send it to you, creeeeepy. Hope you had a good Christmas regardless.

Pino, I'm so sorry for your chemical. Picture all of us giving a GIANT group hug to you! Hopefully the time passes quickly and you can be with OH again. He is a good source of strength for you and is a reminder that you WILL get there. I can't believe how quickly time is going, you'll be moving before we know it.

lxb, you've inspired me to bake a fancy cake for my Mom's birthday January 11 using marshmallow fondant (SO good)! How did your cake turn out?

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays :)

Happy last few days of 2012~ Maybe 2013 be the best year yet~! :hugs:

country - the cake turned out great!! hehe.. my very first fondant cake turned out to be a success!! One thing I would've done differently though, is to let the buttercream perhaps sit overnight before covering it fondant. I made the cake the morning of, and it didn't have enough time to set in the fridge. So the cake started to sag a little~ :haha: but not too bad. My niece absolutely loved it!

360 view of the cake! :thumbup:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/xb211/image-3_zps71497ca1.gif

** the combination of buttercream + fondant is a too sweet for my liking. but if you have sweet tooth, you will love it~ :thumbup:

lxb send a cake or two my way! :haha: That is so beautiful--I can't imagine being a little girl and getting a cake like that. You are such a great aunti-mama.

country you are getting really close!! How are you feeling?

lxb that cake is amazing! You have real talent girl! And I have a giant sweet tooth so I love fondant and buttercream lol You should be really proud!

lauren, I'm feeling good thanks! Starting to get nervous/excited. I feel like there's still so much to do but all the baby really needs is all ready. How are things with you?

Happy 2013 my crazy ladies~~ :hugs: may this be one of the best years yet!!

I agree! 2013 just feels like it's going to be a great year. There will be lots of BFPs and babies this year. I'm excited that Country's due date is around the corner and can't wait until there is another flood of BFPs on this thread. They seem to come in big waves and we are due for another BFP wave to come crashing in.

How did everyone enjoy the holidays?

Here's hoping it's a good year. I for one am so pleased to see the back of 2012! Not long now at all Country, you mustache be so excited. Have you packed a hospital bag yet?

My break was mostly nice but I found Christmas day really hard. My niece is so cute, she's nearly 16 months and such a character and it's hard to realise what you're missing out on each time you catch up. My sis has a massive bump and I unfortunately got upset on Christmas day in eve when she said one of her best friends who gave birth in Jan is pregnant again. Apart from that wobble I was fine! It was nice to have a break and I didn't realise how tired I was. We had 10 for a family lunch on NYE and then stayed at friends. Played tennis and swam in an outdoor (heated!) pool as the sun set on new year's day as friends are members of a posh health club-i felt like i was in anothwr country, it was bliss. Back to work with a bang today though, so tiring, I forgot! Ready for bed now. Expecting period on Sunday :( Am continuing with diet and yucky teas.

How's everyone else? How was new york sashimi? How did you get onvery Christmas pino? Amazing cake lxb, clever lady! Hope you're well. Treasured, how's the house going?! Fingers crossed all to plan!

Xxx

I hope you are all right about 2013 BFPS! I am kind of in shock that I am still no further on in my TTC journey than I was in November 2011. Seems like an eternity ago.... There are facebook announcments left right and center about peoples kids 1st birthdays and I remember stalking them while they were pregnant :( Time moves far too quickly.

Anyway... out with the negative and in with the positive! Since me and OH are going to be moving into our OWN brand new house in Febuary I have decided this is the best time to restart our TTC journey. These past few months have been great for me to chill out, have fun with my friends and just take a step back from the stress of TTC, but then again I keep thinking that I am wasting time haha! But I feel this is a great time to start again seeing as we will probably be christening the new place ;) hehe. I reckon we will give TTC a proper go again for maybe 2 more months and then start things with the doctor. Ive just ordered a new thermometer and ovulation strips! Let the crazyness begin again!

Im also exctied to get my diet back on track because clearly the festive period aint good for anyones figure :O

Also... I got offered a trainee management position in my temporary job (after only being there 2 months might I add ;)) but alas I dont think I want to accept it because I am still very keen to persue my career in the care industry and get into the hospital :)
But still nice to be considered.

Hope all is well and everyone had a nice holiday season! x

I shouldn't use my phone to email-so many typos! Sorry about mustache country!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->