Could use a buddy

Heyy friends - I've missed you all in the past couple days. So much movement on this thread...lots of catching up to do.

Biostat - I said it last night, but I'll say it again. CONGRATS!!! The first BFP on this thread, so hopefully the baby dust spreads...fast :)

Pregpilot - Yayy SMEP! Have you gotten a +OPK yet? What CD are you?

Sashimi - LOL @ OH's Olympic sperm. Hilarious! So today is your second IUI of this cycle, right? How did it go? You def. have done everything in your power to get your BFP - fingers crossed that it all works out as planned now, right?

Treasured - That's really disheartening about the nurse. Very insensitive on her part. Some people just don't understand TTC and that everyone is ready for a baby at different point in life, and some people are ready at a much younger age than others. I would have punched that lady in the face (not really, but I would have wanted too, lol). Did you get any answers about the LP defect?

Countrygirl - Yes we are SMEP-ing on the same days now hehe. Except...I think I'm basically done because I O'd alot earlier than expected (about 4 days early). Literally I think I'm ovulating as I type this, lol! How are you doing with it? Are you getting tired of it or still feeling good about the plan? How are the OPK's going - getting the hang of it? It's addicting isn't it?!!

Lauren - Glad that biofeedback session went well. I would have been sort of weirded out with the new agey/seer stuff. OH and I are definitely spiritual, but that stuff doesn't sit right with me either. Still, if it was informative and validating, then it was worth it.

Lxb and Haribo - How are you both doing??

So I got a +OPK on CD11 around 5 pm (yesterday). OH and I BD'd this morning at 4 am. Does that sound okay? I'm worried that we waited too long, but it was literally impossible because our friends were staying with us. I felt like a ninja on a secret mission trying to get a BD in last night! We only BD'd CD5, 9, and technically 12. I don't think OH is going to be up for BD'ing tonight, but probably tomorrow night. I'm still new to OPK's so I'm not sure when I'm actually O'ing. Generally for those of you that use OPK's, do you feel like you O that same day or is it a day or two afterwards? Just trying to get an idea here and basically some reassurance that I didn't wait too long.

I can't even rely on temps because we woke up at 4 am to BD and usually I temp at 645am. I temped around 830 and my temp was higher than usual and FF automatically discarded it. Still, I feel like I will O today or tomorrow. I haven't had any EWCM today (usually dries up when I O) and I had a TON from CD8 til last night, then again when we BD'd. Sort of embarrassing, because OH commented and even used the term "fertile cervical mucus" while we were BD'ing. I mean I'm glad he is in tune with the TTC process, but I don't want to use that phrase when BD'ing!! LOL!!

Pregpilot - Yayy SMEP! Have you gotten a +OPK yet? What CD are you?

So I got a +OPK on CD11 around 5 pm (yesterday). OH and I BD'd this morning at 4 am. Does that sound okay? I'm worried that we waited too long, but it was literally impossible because our friends were staying with us. I felt like a ninja on a secret mission trying to get a BD in last night! We only BD'd CD5, 9, and technically 12. I don't think OH is going to be up for BD'ing tonight, but probably tomorrow night. I'm still new to OPK's so I'm not sure when I'm actually O'ing. Generally for those of you that use OPK's, do you feel like you O that same day or is it a day or two afterwards? Just trying to get an idea here and basically some reassurance that I didn't wait too long.

Yep. Yay SMEP ;)
No +OPK yet, but should be there tomorrow or the day after according to my cycle. I´ll test until I´m sure I should have O´d already.
I´m on CD 8, and should be O´ing in approx 2 days.

I don´t know excactly when you should O after a +OPK, but I´ve mostly heard, that you O about 12-48 hours after that, on average.
So... 4am the morning after, should fit perfectly :dust:

Think I'm out.... Had sore boobs (never have before) and cramp at the start of the week. AF due sat but starting to cramp. Just want to start the new cycle now. Anyone else feel the same

Hellooo! I have been out of town at another wedding all weekend so just catching up...Biostat that is amazing news! Am SO SO pleased for you and wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months. Thank you so much for telling us your winning formula, i am (as ever!) encouraged as our approach has been similar this month...just 1 more week of 2ww to go...am hopeful but at the same time worried i will get the AF symptoms in a few days and be miserable. Not heard back about date for my scan either so ignoring that for time being. How are you doing lxb-think you're a day ahead?

Sleepy - i laughed out loud at your email, 4am, friends round etc, reminded me very much of my desperation to BD! And totally with you on OH knowing TMI about TTC, I am also guilty of that too.

Lauren and Sashimi am glad your cycles are going well. Treasured-sorry about the mean nurse, i used to have one but then found the kindest one ever and have stuck with her ever since-wishing you similar luck.

Jaynie - chin up chook! Biostat proved you're not out til you're out??!

Preg pilot - good luck with your cycle and hi! :)

Am off to bed now, I danced for 3 hours non-stop at the wedding (sometimes dancing is easier than talking to people-especially when the chat is about having kids!) Anyway am pooped now!
xxx

Preg - Yay for feeling lucky and good this month! The month I had my chemical I KNEW we were going to get pg and KNEW that we did. I think that the part about it being chem is beside the point. Fx for you!!

Sleepy - I, too, had the BD desperation! I got my + OPK the morning that OH was on his graduation flight for his Flight Without Fear class. I got the + around 10:30 am and knew I wouldn't get to BD until 8 or 9 pm. I have heard that you O 12-36 hrs after the + OPK, and then your egg lives a minimum of 12 hours, so I bet you had PERFECT timing.

Haribo - Sounds like fun!! I love weddings :) Good luck with the rest of the TWW (last week of it is killer, I know), and Fx for you!

Jaynie - It ain't over til the fat lady sings!

Sashimi - very exciting for you! Your DH must feel like superman lol that's very good to know though

Lauren - hope you got everything you needed out of it! Have you O'd yet?

Sleepy - good for you for getting the BDing in! I'm a little bummed you completed your SMEP before me but at least I'll get to find out if it's worked for you sooner!

preg - good luck on the SMEP! We're doing it this month and I'm on CD14 with no O in sight lol just means more practice! Hoping this is your month!

Jaynie - I've heard of girls who think they're out and it turns out to be a BFP but I can totally relate to just wanting to start a new cycle. Fx for you.

Haribo - glad you had a great time at the wedding! What scan are you going for?

Thanks biostat for letting us know your 'secrets'! It's great to think this is just the first BFP for this group and they'll all start rolling in! Judging by where everyone is in their cycle right now I'm going to drop a little :dust:

Sleepy: :happydance: for BD! hope those :spermy: will be waiting in line to attach the eggy~!! tww is almost here! and i sense BFP is not too far around the corner~

tresured: FX for your treasured! tww can be such a long time!! like the others said, if you feel it's the right time for you, then it is the right time for you. Don't let those people have negative impact on you. ttc can be an emotionally exhausting journey :hugs:

biostat: thanks for the dust~ hopefully i'll follow ur footstep~~~ :dance:

sashimi & lauren: :haha: gold medal~~ that would boost a man's ego big time~~

pregpilot: gluck~~ enjoy SMEP journey~~

haribo: sounds like fun!! i love dancing too (even though I can't dance but who cares right??) :blush:

jaynie: AF is due either Fri/Sat for me too. AF and BFP have similar symptoms... so you're not out yet! :flow:

hehe.. I've been away from this forum for 2 days and it felt like it has been more than a week!! miss you ladies~~ I'm feeling okay, not much symptoms at all (only sore boos). :shrug: DH & I went for all-you-can-eat sushi last night... I was feeling unease about eating sashimi (again, no pun intended :)) but then I let it go and thought... what the heck, I'll treat this as my last 'unhealthy' meal for the many many more health ones to come! :haha: very satisfying meal~~ :blush:

lxb - I had a similar night last night--beer and bacon cheeseburger! I thought, what the heck? I'm NTNP and thought I might have O-ed the day before, so it was still early enough that the beer couldn't hurt too much.

country - I'm not sure!! FF hasn't given me cross-hairs yet since my pre-O temps have been high. I am climbing up, I think--sometimes it takes a few days after O for my temps to climb. I hope that's not a bad thing! I have wondered before if it means that I am progesterone deficient. I think it's normal, though?

How is everyone today? Another Monday, another week starting!

Still absolutely shattered! Can't seem to get enough kip at the moment. Trying not to symptom spot and its easy as there are no symptoms! Only having a bit of very white CM yesterday and today but nothing else.

I want to thank all of you for how supportive everyone is! very pleased to be part of this forum!

sleepyowl - hehe, i'm imagining myself punching that nurse now and being removed from that doctors practice! i recently moved house so I will need to change surgeries, maybe i'l get a more supportive one next time! she didnt have ANY info on LP defect for me, infact she didnt even know what it was.... I mean if she was giving me a smear test I thought she would have known a bit about menstruation. Hmm. ive done some research on it myself though and have been taking vit b6 witch I THINK has lenghtend my LP from 10 days to 12? thats based on last months ov date tho. LOL so much at your OH getting down with the lingo... but i agree, maybe not the best words to use during intimate times hehe! mine was asking me what DPO meant!!

lxb- thank you for the FX hehe its a long wait but I guess ill just have to keep myself busy with other things! in a way I like this stage because I have something to wait for, even if it is AF. I hate the first two weeks of cycle cause you know your soooo far away from a result!

I'm only a few dpo.... not really feeling anything differnent, I have peed a lot today and feel a kind of cramping every time i go :S I also have really painful nipples but I think I get that around ov! sometimes I wish there were nooo symptoms because I never know whether im inventing them or not :( xxx lots of hugs and luck!!

I felt like a ninja on a secret mission trying to get a BD in last night! We only BD'd CD5, 9, and technically 12. I don't think OH is going to be up for BD'ing tonight, but probably tomorrow night. I'm still new to OPK's so I'm not sure when I'm actually O'ing. Generally for those of you that use OPK's, do you feel like you O that same day or is it a day or two afterwards? Just trying to get an idea here and basically some reassurance that I didn't wait too long.

:haha: .... yay for ninja BD!! :ninja: what brand of OPK do you use? I use clearblue digital and this is only my 3rd cycle using it. I usually stop testing once i got +OPK

Feb OPK#1: +OPK on CD12 and Oed on ~CD16/17
March OPK#2: +OPK on CD18 (I was sick that cycle.. & Oed on ~CD19/20)
April OPK#3: +OPK on CD12 and Oed on ~CD15/16

Sort of embarrassing, because OH commented and even used the term "fertile cervical mucus" while we were BD'ing. I mean I'm glad he is in tune with the TTC process, but I don't want to use that phrase when BD'ing!! LOL!!

:haha: :haha:

Hi Ladies! I know I've been fairly quiet on this thread lately. A whole lotta stuff going on, but I thought I'd let y'all know I got my BFP last week. Sucky thing is I got my BFP while I've been really sick, went to the Dr. and found out I have bronchitis. So with the pregnancy, don't want to/can't take a lot of meds. Been having terrible asthma attacks that I'm scared of m/c from coughing and gasping for air so bad. Go back to the Dr. tomorrow, but can't see the OB/GYN for another 4 weeks.

Not that I know it actually worked for me or anything, but this past cycle I added the use of Fertility Blend supplements (I bought it at GNC) for both myself and DH. It was pretty pricey, but I read a lot of great reviews that seemed to give people BFP's within a month or two of trying it...and it happened that way for me too. So, just something to throw out there.

Note: I was also using EPO, PreNat Vits, and PreSeed (as on previous cycles).

Good luck ladies!

lxb - concert was great! I had a few beer and it was a good show! SMEP is going well! We traded one day but are still going and still negative OPKs. Glad you enjoyed your meal! Are you going to test soon? Any symptoms?

lauren - not too sure about that, I wouldn't be too concerned if you are sure you O though! How are you doing?

Jaynie - How's your week going? Luckily you aren't out till AF shows, some people don't get symptoms till after they're late.

treasured - it's incredible how uneducated some people are, especially when it's their job to know that stuff!

Sweetie - Congratulations! Sucks that you are sick. Hope you start to feel better soon. Thanks for letting us know what worked for you. You must be so excited!

It's so nice to see the BFPs starting to roll in here! I'm feeling good about this cycle, just wish it wasn't so long. Although I do rather be waiting to O than be in the 2WW. It's all part of the process though.

Sweetie - COngratulations!! :dance: Love hearing BFP news! Hope you'll feel better soon!! :hugs:

Country - I was going to test yesterday but held my urge.. and felt another strong urge to test today!! (AF due this Fri/Sat) Temp dropped 0.3F this morning, minor stomach cramp, feels like AF is on its way though... far too similar feeling. But still keeping my hopes with "I'm still in as long as I don't see AF!!!" ... 2ww is such an emotional roller coaster... but there's not much I can do except to sit and wait :-s

sweetie - Congratulations!!!! So exciting! I'm sorry you're sick! Thank you for telling us what worked. I hope you get lots and lots of rest--I have had bronchitis and it's the pits!

country - I'm OK! I'm pretty positive I O-ed and I always O. I assume that having a new thermometer and drinking before O this month made my temps spike. I'm pretty sure I'm 3dpo if that's the case. Not obsessing yet! Fingers crossed that I don't start, lol. I definitely have less of a feeling of urgency and expectation this month--since we're NTNP and I've been breaking the rules a bit I am not expecting a BFP. Of course if I get one, I'll take it! I'm glad you had fun at the concert! I wish your cycles didn't have to be so long, too. Do you know why they are? I know it's normal, just curious :)

lxb - You have some serious willpower! :) Your chart looks good, too--I wouldn't worry about the temp drop at this point. Do you know how long your LP usually is?

treasured - My OB also told me at one point that she wasn't sure if LPD existed...I was like, OK.... She said it's controversial. Imagine that! Seems like a normal and frequent issue that many women deal with. Hmmm. I have been suspecting that I have a progesterone problem so I researched foods and supplements to balance hormones. I have also been doing acupuncture. I think something worked because I didn't spot much before AF last cycle (knock on wood!), and my temps stayed up the whole time.

Jaynie - How's it going today??

I'm feeling pretty healthy but have been having a bit of a rough time sleeping this cycle. Maybe indulging in red wine a few too many nights? Lol. Could also be why I've been plumping up this cycle... :blush:

Some of you ladies do yoga, right? Curious if that's helped at all during the TTC process. I am thinking of starting a regime again.

Sashimi - How are you? How's your week? You must be about 4dpo now, right?

Sweetie congrats!

LXB looks we are due AF about the same time....

Strange day today... the last few days i have been using OPK's as i have shed loads of them and i read somewhere that the same/similar hormone is detected in pregnancy as ovulation. Anyway had the urge to pee on one and i have a really faint line. I am only DPO8 (9 according to My Days App) so it is far too early to test properly but it has got me thinking. I know this is really random and that it is too early to even imagine i am P but just wondering has anyone else experienced anything similar?

yeah.. looks like we're cycle buddies Jaynie~! :wave:

I dont think I can trust OPK to test for P though. I also read they're similar and could be used to test for pregnancy. But OPK tested LH whereas HPT test for HCG, which is completely different. +OPK or -OPK can't tell much.

Lauren - nah.. I won't call that willpower :( I just felt discourage when I saw that temp drop :cry: My LP is average ~12 days

Yeah you are right!

When are u planning to test?

every cycle I told myself to wait 'til AF is late....
if my temp doesn't drop tomorrow morning.. then maybe tomorrow?

hehe... you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->