Could use a buddy

Thanks. :hugs:

I work at a place where I can´t work for the last 3 months of pregnancy (and only the first 6 if I have no complications (or queasiness)).
I also can´t work for at least the first 6 weeks after birth.
My main working months are may-september, so I´m planning on being able to work for the first 6 months over the summer, and still be done with delivering before I have to show up at work again in may next year.

Oh I am sorry!! Where are you at in your cycle??

Thanks. :hugs:

I work at a place where I can´t work for the last 3 months of pregnancy (and only the first 6 if I have no complications (or queasiness)).
I also can´t work for at least the first 6 weeks after birth.
My main working months are may-september, so I´m planning on being able to work for the first 6 months over the summer, and still be done with delivering before I have to show up at work again in may next year.

Oh I am sorry!! Where are you at in your cycle??

CD 26. 15DPO. (as far as I can tell from O-pains).

Hope you get your BFP preg_pilot! :dust:

country - I would also love to turn my baking passion into a job/business! someday! :dance:

I've been relying on my temperature/OPK to determine my O. Since yesterday I POAS on a different time of day (in the evening time) and got a negative, I decided to POAS today ~10AM (my usual POAS time :blush:). BUT, I left my sticks at home :growlmad:

we're doing SMEP & BDed last night. I'm confused (I guess always had been) about EWCM as they seem/feel soo similar to :spermy: serem?! :shrug: My temperature raised a bit today (around my coverline), squeezing the crab out of my boob.. and felt a little sore (I'm pretty sure it was because of all the squeezing :haha:). I'm expecting a + on OPK later today? :shrug:

thanks for the opk advice :) i will make sure to test everyday and see how much darker it gets!! they are so expensive that is the problem :(.

country- im not temping no, ive never really understood it :S does it seem to work?

preg- im still hopefull for you! that sucks about your job :( is there no way you can change the dates you start or anything? fingers crossed you wont need to and this is your month!

lxb- loling at squeezing still sore rather than because theyre sore! i do that too.... I am the same with EWCM, i always seem to have it a few days before i think im going to ovulate, but only ever like 1 bit of it! maybe I should try that preseed stuff!

heading to bed now :) night gals xx

treasured--- when I first started out I bought the ones from the Dollar tree for a dollar, suprisingly, they are just as accurate.

thanks for the opk advice :) i will make sure to test everyday and see how much darker it gets!! they are so expensive that is the problem :(.

country- im not temping no, ive never really understood it :S does it seem to work?

preg- im still hopefull for you! that sucks about your job :( is there no way you can change the dates you start or anything? fingers crossed you wont need to and this is your month!

lxb- loling at squeezing still sore rather than because theyre sore! i do that too.... I am the same with EWCM, i always seem to have it a few days before i think im going to ovulate, but only ever like 1 bit of it! maybe I should try that preseed stuff!

Sadly, no I can´t change my work months. It´s seasonal. Training always starts april-may, and I work from June-Sep/Oct... Nothing to be done about that. Just hope I´m one of the lucky ones :)

Quick one from me-exhausted and drafted in today to work on behalf of my colleague who's ill-only got home at 23.15, so tired!!

Lauren, glad you've been indulging in sugar and booze this cycle! You just have to sometimes to lift the spirits. Preg pilot, i really hope you are preggo, am keeping my fingers crossed. Country, your honey monster tendencies made me laugh. Sleepy, I'm on CD12, how are you getting on?

Helpful news from the nurse for me-they are giving me every blood test going on day 3 and day 19 of my cycle-even though not been trying a year (our 10th month and I'm 30). I told them I had 28 day cycle and partner had good sperm test so think that helped.

Also having a pelvic ultrasound on Monday-sounds pretty grim-they stick something up your vagina (a transvaginal transducer apparently!!!) which has lubrication on it-oh gawd. Still, it's steps in the right direction and my mum has offered to come with me, so sweet of her. Sashimi, have you had this? Is it that bad? Think it enables them to see ovaries, fallopian tube, cervix, uterus etc. Hope it doesn't matter that I'm having it done mid cycle?

Right bed for me. The O is round the corner i think but wondering if I am too exhausted to embrace it! Hallelujah for the weekend and its lovely lie ins though. xxx

So I have been researching vitamins that help with TTC. The only thing I take right now are prenatal vitamins. I found a list of some. What do you guys take? What is recommended? Thanks

Here is the list I found
Women:
B6---100MG Daily---Helps w/ AF spotting: lengthen LP
Baby Aspirin---1 Daily---Helps blood flow to the uterine lining
Mucinex---1 tablet 2 times a day AF- ovulation---Helps w/ EWCM
Preseed ---AF-O 2-4 Tbs every 4-6 hrs--- Sperm friendly lubricant
Vitamin E-----400-800 IU daily
Simplex F-----Stimulates hormone producing glands
Vitex(Chasteberry)-----Helps with ovulation
Guaifenesin(active ingredient in cough syrup)-----Helps w/ EWCM
Floic Acid----- Reduce neural tube defects, promote healthy cell growth
Super B Complex-----Lengthen LP
Vitamin E-----Reproduction function
Vitamin C

Men:
Zinc---30-60mg/day---improve sperm count
Vitamin E---400-800 IU/day---reproductive function
Amino Acids
Arginine---2-4 gm/day---raise sperm count/motility
Taurine---2-4gm/day---enhance sperm production/motility

Pino - Thanks for the list. Very helpful. I'm totally into all those vitamins and herbal remedies!!

Pregpilot - Sorry about the BFN. You're still in the running though. Do you think you'll test again tomorrow or just try to wait things out at this point?

Haribo - Obviously testing isn't fun, but you're right, it's a step in the right direction aka towards your BFP. I hope you get lots of rest this weekend and enjoy yourself. Sounds like you have been so busy and deserve some lazy time!!

Treasured - I use the internet cheapie OPKs and they seem to work fine. Have you tried those? Maybe worth a shot since they are so inexpensive. I use 2-3 a day from CD 8/9 (depending when EWCM starts) until FF confirms O.

Lxb - Yay for SMEP. I hope it works out for you this cycle :)

Sashimi - Totally agree - it's worth the money if it means you get your BFP and your little one will have a comfy home for 9 months. Really hoping this does the trick for you.

Lauren - Our moms totally didn't need BnB because they all seemed to get preg on the first cycle. Lucky ducks!! I also have an idea what everyone looks like and I'm sure it's so off base from reality but whatever! I feel like I know each one of you personally and like we are real life friends, lol. Oh and congrats on the decaf - big accomplishment I know!!

I'm CD3 today and AF is pretty much gone. Some light spotting only when I wipe now so that's good. Planning on getting OH in the mood and BD'ing a few times this weekend just so his guys are fresh for when we start SMEPing. I think it was a huge mistake to have regular coffee the past couple days because I was totally craving it this morning! How quickly the addiction returns. In other news, I have to set up my annual gyn. appt for late May/early June. I'm going to bombard my doc with TTC questions and this wealth of knowledge I've accumulated on here :)

I feel like when I haven't been able to log on for a day, I miss all the commotion that's been going on in this tread! I'm actually have BnB open on my iPad so I can scroll along as I type this on my laptop!

Today, I felt I did really well on my whole thinking positive initiative. I've been reading that Spirit Babies book I mentioned a while back, and went out and finally bought TCOYF! Both books are fascinating, but the Spirit Babies one is really helping my frame of mind and helping me to understand why a BFP hasn't happened yet, I guess on a spiritual level.

Lauren- You are right. Technology is amazing! As far as I know, I will go in for monitoring every few days so they can track what is going on with the injections. I did my injection by myself no problem this morning, I was so proud. OH stood by me and cheered me on. I must have held my breath because he was doing deep breathing exercises at me, reminding me to breath. He did this while he was in a towel and had shaving cream all over his face, so the whole picture of him in post-shower shaving mode, and me jabbing a large needle into my stomach must have been quite comical.

I do not mind you asking a lot of questions about the recent developments in my fertility process. In fact, I find it really helps me out a lot, because you ask things I would never think to act. Like the toxoplasmosis. I wouldn't have asked for the test if we hadn't been chatting about it here. And if the IUI is cancelled because of too many eggs, I have the choice to cancel or go into IVF. Of course, everything has to be just right for IVF, so I am sure there is the chance it could get cancelled all together. I'm just going to do the injections and proceed as if we will do the IUI, if something else comes up... or we don't go forward with it, then it wasn't meant to be this month.

I asked my doctor, if we do get a BFP will it be safe for me to travel to Hawaii. He then asked me if I was asking him this because I want to know if I can have Mai Tais on the beach! He occasionally cracks the odd joke and I find it makes the whole experience a lot less intense.

OH caught up with someone associated with his company, who asked if he had children. Once again, he ended up opening up about the whole IUI process to another man. And once agian, this particular man in this case also conceived (with his wife obviously)through several IUI attemps. The wife is a nutritionist, and she ended up making some significant changes to her diet when the fourth IUI attempt finally worked. This guy passed on his wife's email to OH, who passed it on to me and he said I could email her about diet advice when TTC. I have read so many conflicting views on fertility diets. I have cut back on sugar, dramatically cut back on caffeine, but I need a bagel in the morning! So I will be interested to hear what this woman has to say and of course, I'll post it here on the board.

Country- I totally felt like a rockstar after the first needle injection, and the second one today, too. It really is empowering and for a second I felt like it was actually kind of...fun. My acupuncturist and good friend called me today. She got my email about my second failed IUI and I was in a complete state of devastation when I wrote it, so I am sure it came off as sounding dramatic. She wants to do more treatments with me this month, so she booked me in for this Saturday morning. And we have a tentative appointment for the weekend after, assuming the next procedure will take place (IUI or IVF!) It's hard to pinpoint what day it will fall, as it will happen on the day my body decides to O. The name of the clinic I go to is Create IVF in Toronto. Some of the reviews complain that they treat you like a number, but honestly there is no wait list and they have a very organized way of moving a lot of women through the clinic each day. The place is often packed and it is a reminder that there are so many people who struggle like we do. A lot of people come from out of town to visit the Create clinic... if that ever happens in your case, you and I are going for a decaffienated beverage together! ;) I will be really interested to hear how it goes if you get reffered to the place in Ottawa.

Lxb- I got your PM and have been meaning to email you. I've totally been thrown off by the whole turn of events with the injectibles and the prospect of doing IVF. I could really use a distraction and am ready to do some trip planning. I realized today we leave for Kauai in less than a month!!! It's amazing how something you plan months in advance creeps up on you so quickly. I wonder if pregnancy is like that, or if those nine months drag on? I appreciate your offer to give me some Kauai advice!! By the way, my SIL took a professional baking course as a distraction from TTC. She makes the most incredibly cookies and I swear she could sell them. She makes themed cookies for birthday parties like Angry Birds, Spiderman, etc., and they are works of art and taste amazing. I should post a pic of some of the amazing baking she does. So another pro of TTC, we all have a shot at learning a new skill as we take up hobbies to distract us! :)

Haribo- I have been probed by the transvaginal internal ultrasound stick (as I call it) about 57 times within the last two months. It's fine, it feels like nothing. They always put a condom over it with lubricant for sanitary reasons, and the first time I though... You have got to be kidding me! They are only up there for a minute at most to take pics of your ovaries. At every fertility visit, I do a blood test and the internal ultrasound. It's become pretty routine, so don't worry. The ultrasound is the easiest part! AND you must have an empty bladder, so at least you don't have to do the kind of ultrasound that requires a full bladder.

Sleepy- I thought my cycle and shifted way off from everyone elses in here because of the fertility treatments. I'm on CD4 today, so I guess I am pretty close to both you and Lauren after all. It's kind of nice being relatively on the same cycle, so we can AF together and TWW together!

Pino, Treasured, Preg??? How are you guys all doing today. Sorry everyone, this is turning into a REALLY long post!!! OH is off playing hockey tonight and I'm using the time alone to do some serious BnBing!!

I also feel like I know everyone in person. Isn't it amazing how close we have all become through writing back and forth? I always refer to you all as my "Internet Pen Pals" to OH. I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but my SIL joined a group when she started to TTC in 2005 (didn't get her BFP until 2008). She said out of everyone she became friends with almost EVERYONE got their BFP. Some took longer than others, and one of her TTC friends ended up adopting a little boy. They are all still friends to this day and stay in touch through Facebook, etc. That way they can share pictures of their kids as they grow up!

I have a picture in my mind of how everyone looks. Now I'm starting to wonder how everyone pictures the other ladies in here?! I'm amused at the thought of how you must picture me!!! Lauren, I picture you being blonde, Country I picture you typing with a cowboy hat on and Sleepy, I initially thought you were from Seattle, Washington not Washington, DC, so I always picture you typing from a really rainy place. Ridiculous, I know. Well if anyone wants to break the ice and do Facebook, I'm only a PM away to swap info!!!

The internet cheapies from Wondfo are actually really good, unlike the Wondfo hpt strips. They're like $5 for a 40 or something crazy. I got them on amazon.com.

Sashimi - Congrats on a successful first injection! You are totally going to be an expert in no time. And yes, it's so nice to be on similar cycles. I love having people right there with my (literally like same CD) to share the journey!

I was cracking up at your descriptions and I also picture Country with a cowboy hat on!! I'm totally down for swapping FB info also. I really do feel so close to each of you since we are sharing such a personal and difficult journey. I love that I can say anything and it's not weird or gross. Everyone is so helpful and kind and it has made this process alot easier.

Pino - The only one that I have heard otherwise on is Vitex--my doc said it can sometimes suppress FSH, which would inhibit ovulation, but after the other things she's said to me who knows! Lol. I used Vitex for years and loved it--it made my skin nice and helped a lot with my cycles. I am using the others, too--almost all of those! Lol.

Haribo - GL with the tests! A little uncomfortable, I'm guessing, but you'll have so much information after!

Sleepy - Thanks! Decaf kind of sucks but since I worked it in slowly it tastes pretty much like the real thing. It's ROUGH having a cup of caffeinated and then having to stop, lol. Maybe food or water or something was much healthier when our moms were getting pg?? It does seem crazy that ladies used to get pg so easily. Do you watch Mad Men? I couldn't believe the depiction of pg women drinking and smoking and eating 500 calories a day--but I think it was all too common in our grandmothers' days. I am so jealous of your 3 day AF, lol! My OH is super on board with SMEP. We BD-ed today (for good measure ;)) and he said, 'OK, now I save up for 3 days, right?' How he knew that 3 days from now would be CD10 is beyond me!

lxb - EWCM and sperm ARE super similar. I Googled it once and someone had put together a site with pics (whoa!) and instructions on how to figure out which is which after BD. I think if you drop EWCM into water it gets cloudy and bunches up, and sperm is water soluble? I wish I remembered the site!

Sashimi - YES on the positive thinking! Good for you! I def want to read the Spirit Babies book--I keep forgetting to look into it. So basically it's this round that you can choose to do IVF or cancel? And then if you do cancel, you can do round three after your trip and do IUI? I think it's really sweet that your OH talks to other men about TTC and assisted reproduction, and that he's been with you every step of the way--at the fertility clinic, watching you stick yourself, lol. He sounds wonderful. It's so nice to have a supportive partner when you're going through something like TTC--and you're really going through it, girl! Your doc sounds great, too. And I loooooove bagels. I know how you feel. The diet part is rough. I will be very curious to know what the nutritionist has to say. AND I agree with the shots being worth it--knowing that you're doing something that will work vs. trying out a bunch of remedies has to feel good. LOLLL about picturing country in a cowboy hat typing!! I picture that, too. I am not blond, or maybe am dark blond? Light brown. You can be the judge! I will PM you.

I would love to FB connect with everyone. I have been really avoiding FB lately, but it would be fun to get a picture of everyone's life since we all have gotten so close! I am open to PMs too, y'all.

Yay for BnB and FB worlds colliding!! Lol. Yes, anyone else who wants to PM me, I'll be happy to connect on FB.

Hahaha.. At sashimi's description!
I picture lauren to be brunette and country a blonde with cowboy hat too!! I guess because of the name "country"! I'm up for fb too! Or email!

I tested with opk again but got a negative. Usually I test in the morning... Now it is evening time. I think I have ewcm... Not sure.. Or maybe it is serem? Maybe I will do a water test as Lauren suggested! Debating if we should bd tonight... Or stay on smep track (bd tomorrow) ... Maybe will see our mood? Hheehe

Poor, Countrygirl. She is going to log on next time and wonder why there are dozens of posts about how she types while wearing a cowboy hat!! I also picture cowboy boots, and I might even go as far as picturing one of those cowboy leather jackets with all the tassles on them.

Lauren- I THINK that will be the plan. I have only been at the fertility clinic for two months, so I would be really upset if they fired me after only 3 tries. I feel like we are just getting started. So I guess if they cancel and we don't go for the IVF, then we can come back after our trip and try it again. My gut feeling is that the dose is low enough right now that it won't turn me into an Octomom candidate!

FB is fun! I'm glad our TTC Buddy friendships are moving to the next level, although I feel like a mega webstalker right about now. I'm too wound up to go to bed because I feel like this is really exciting! I have also been avoiding it and have officially unsubscribed from anyone who has a baby bump. My breaking point was this girl I went to high school with... she posted her status asking everyone if they know whether or not pregnant women can take advil. And she is 7 months along. ADVIL!!!! I bet she doesn't know about EWCM either! Or how O works. So I had enough and I hit the unsubcribe button.

LOL. I have unsubscribed from all of those people, too!! FB is definitely fleshing out the BnB friends for me! They can't turn you away after 3 tries, can they?? Can't you just continue asking for IUI? I really don't know about this stuff--maybe they have a limit. But I know you said your SIL (right?) did 4 before it worked. Maybe they'll continue on but try some other meds or methods. I will be FB stalking tomorrow when OH and I aren't battling for the computer, lol.

Country will totally wake up to a bunch of posts about her in a cowboy hat, lol! Country, I picture you in denim, too. I like that you are from Canada but like country music and countrygirl is your screen name on here! Since I'm from Colorado, which some people consider 'The West', people from here are often depicted as cowboys and our airport volunteers wear cowboy hats and bolo ties. Lol. Now I'm so curious to hear your stance on cowboy hats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->