Could use a buddy

You would be surprised at how many Canadians like country music. But country girl please, settle the debate... Do you wear a cowboy hat!?

I really don't think the clinic will fire me. Not when I am 30 and perfectly healthy, I just tend to worry that way. My doctor seems determined and has a real "Go team" attitude during my visits. I have noticed this one woman who looks like she is in her mid to late 40s coming in time and time again, so if they aren't giving up on her I can't imagine they will give up on me. I overheard a nurse ask this woman if it was her first PG test and she seemed said and said, "No, I have been through this many times now." I felt really sad for her. On 2 or 3 occasions now I have seen couples walking out of the clinic where the wife is in tears. I wonder what type of bad news they got. A cancelled procedure? A BFN? But on the flipside, there are so many pictures of babies all over the walls and thank you cards plastered everywhere, so I know they have a high success rate!

I love country music LOL I grew up listening to it!!!

I hate to be repetative, but I am so confused... I have been looking into vitamins, and there are alot of them...do you take them all, or is there a pill with all of that in it already? AM I missing any? I have done alot of researching, and have added some to the list....are any of these not recommended that you know of?? Here is the new list:::
Women:
B6---100MG Daily---Helps w/ AF spotting: lengthen LP
Baby Aspirin---1 Daily---Helps blood flow to the uterine lining
Mucinex---1 tablet 2 times a day AF- ovulation---Helps w/ EWCM
Preseed ---AF-O 2-4 Tbs every 4-6 hrs--- Sperm friendly lubricant
Vitamin E-----400-800 IU daily
Simplex F-----Stimulates hormone producing glands
Vitex(Chasteberry)-----Helps with ovulation
Guaifenesin(active ingredient in cough syrup)-----Helps w/ EWCM
Floic Acid----- Reduce neural tube defects, promote healthy cell growth
Super B Complex-----Lengthen LP
Vitamin E—400UI---Reproduction function
Vitamin C
Iron---preconseption---15mg
Vitamin A-----5000-10000IU
Flaxseed Oil-----400 MG
Evening Primrose Oil----ONLY BEFORE OVULATION---2,000MG
L-Arginine----16G
Men:
Zinc---30-60mg/day---improve sperm count
Vitamin E---400-800 IU/day---reproductive function
Amino Acids
Arginine---2-4 gm/day---raise sperm count/motility
Taurine---2-4gm/day---enhance sperm production/motility
Vitamin C

I have also heard about Royal Jelly?? Anyone know anything more to help. I am getting a bit desperate, and I really don't want to do fertility treatments, and I can't really afford it. Thanks you guys!!!

:hug:

:hugs:

SashimiMimi--- I don’t think they will “fire you” as you put it. Their sole job is to help people like you reach your dreams. You are inspiring for going through all of this, and knowing your experiences helps. You deserve your BFP, and soon I know you shall get it!!!

Quick questions about the whole FB thing LOL. I would LOVE to add all of you guys, but one thing is NO ONE knows I am TTC? how do you guys handle it? Especially with TTC friends. I'm not worried about posting my stuff here. Just type in (edited my name out). I am the ONLY one LOL I love it!!! friend request me!! just also send a personal message with your user name here cause I don't add people I don't know LOL. I can't wait to see what you guys really like LOL

Wow! :) Where to start lol

haribo - the transducer part sounds scary lol but judging by Sashimi's comment, the name is scarier than the procedure! Glad to hear you are going to your doc too! It'll be nice for us to have some answers. I also love how you talk, I can tell you are from the UK just by how you type! Awesome!

Pino - unfortunately I only take prenatals so can't help at this point anyway!

Sleepy - glad you are making it to the doctor too! Sounds like we'll be going around the same time as my appt is set up for May 29th. I'm always raring to go after AF is gone so I don't blame you for wanting to BD all weekend! Have fun girl!

lxb - I don't think sperm will stretch like EWCM and it's more cloudy. EWCM should be clear and stretch a few inches. Woo SMEP!

Sashimi - I open another page so I can follow along on that and type at the same time lol there's always so much going on! Yeehaw for becoming a rockstar! So you aren't on anything to make you O? Or do those things not time it, just make it happen? Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard of it before but I'll keep it in mind. It is a nice reminder we aren't the only ones going through this! You've got me thinking of buying that spirit babies book now, I devoured TCOYF so I need something else! I agree, it's incredible how much people don't know if they haven't had time TTC, I definitely know more about my body than my SIL who just gave birth the second time! FB has lost its appeal to me, I prefer twitter now!

So I had a great laugh at all of your guesses! My boss must have been wondering what the heck was going on! Before I answer you guys, hope no one takes offence but I picture Sashimi as short with dark hair and killer shoes lol; lauren as a tall blonde, hazel eyes; sleepy has big brown eyes like an owl and dark hair with bangs! I also thought it was washington state at first so thought it would be rainy! lxb, medium height with brown hair and glasses? haha no idea just threw that in there! Pino, short with blonde hair?

So I don't wear a cowboy hat but due to your responses I will be buying one lol And I don't even own cowboy boots either! So disappointing I know! I should get those too though for all the concerts we go to! haha it was actually kinda nice knowing you were all talking about me in the night! I picked that name because we moved out to the country about a year ago and I absolutely love it out there, we live in the middle of 8 acres of treed land, plus I like country music but the newer stuff, I can't get into the '90s country! Why did all of you pick your names?

treasured - I really do think temping helps! I don't mean to go on about it but what helped me understand it was the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni something. My doctor had mentioned temping when I first went to see him to talk about TTC but I didn't want to put any pressure on TTC then I tried it and didn't understand it but once I read that book I don't think I'll ever not temp (until I'm through menopause anyway lol). It may not be for everyone though!

Pino - I DEFINITELY don't talk about TTC on Facebook! I would never out anyone about it on there. The vast majority of people I know don't know about our TTC process--the FB thing is so that we can connect in other ways and see what's happening for each other (at least it is for me!), since we all feel like friends, now! I am finding you right now :) And you have my solemn swear that I will never mention TTC on FB!!

Country - I thought it might be because you lived in the country, but also hoped that it was because you wore a cowboy hat!! My BF in Boulder is a huge concert-goer (mostly bluegrass), and she owns about 10 pairs of cowboy boots. I can't get into 90's country, either, but I loooooooove old country--I guess what some would consider 'folk' now, like Hank Williams Sr, Johnny Cash, Carter Family. Anyway.

Lol on everyone thinking I am a tall blond. I guess I'm taller than avg, I'm 5'7", but I don't fit the description I think everyone has in their mind of a long and lean blond. My family is Polish, so I have a booty, lol.

I picked my name and age for my name--I didn't realize it would be my screen name on here! I thought it was just a login, I didn't even think twice about it.

Sashimi- ive really enjoyed reading through your recent posts! i feel you have educated me greatly hehe! it seems like a long and stressful process, but you seem to be handling it very well and im glad you have supportive/light hearted people helping you through! :)

Country- i may read into the temping thing more for sure and maybe will get that book, I wonder if you can get these maybe second hand on amazon/ebay etc?

Lauren- are they available for UK aswel? I had thought wondfo was just american but I will deffinately be purchasing some of them! cost me £8.50 for 5 OPKS from ASDA! ripoff!
Sooo up for swapping details ladies if anyone wants me to add them on FC just PM me your full name and I will swap! :) Pino im already in the process of finding you hehe! I'm also on the DL about TTC so wont be mentioning it over facebook :)

Im on CD 11 today did an OPK this morning but think I must have got some pee on the display part, or maybe it was juts faulty cause the control line was almost central and there was a blur where the other line should have been.
Me and OH BD'd earlier anyway to be sure :) ANNNND he (I mean we ;) ) hehe managed to get his spermie sample done this morning too (before BD'ing so the sperm were GOOD) and got that handed into the hospital :happydance::happydance: so I was really chuffed and greatful to him :kiss:

Now he is currently making me tea cause "he knows how important b&b is too me" :cloud9: xxx

Pino - Like lauren, I definitely won't talk about ttc on fb! Majority of the time I just use fb to post pictures and to look at pictures from family and friends. A nice way to 'stay in touch' without really talking. haha... oh, and about the vitamins, I'm only taking prenatal vitamins so can't help much in that department. I've tried mucinex once 2 cycles ago as I read it helps with EWCM (thin out the CM to be :spermy: friendly). It help other people but not me.. :shrug: and I didn't want to take it again as I don't feel like it's 'natural stuff'. I've been drinking grapefruit juice though. it supposedly help with ewcm too. even though I hated grapefruit, I just chucked down a glass a day :)

lauren - i pictured you as a brunette, a sporty type gal (Maybe it's because of all the lauren(s) I know were like that) :haha: @ your booty comment~

country - I too picture sashimi a short w/ dark hair AND KILLER SHOES!!! how funny~~~ i guess i'm medium height (is 5'5" considered medium?) and I DO have glasses~~ :haha: as for my username, i picked lxb as it's my malaysian name initials and I just realized it looks like a squinty eyes with tongue sticking out w/ UNIBROW smiley face if you look at it sideway~

sleepy - i first picture you as a blonde and medium height. Maybe sleepyowl as you're a night owl that feels sleepy in the day time? :haha: then after you've mentioned about your culture and your framesize, so it changed to dark hair and tiny little firecracker! :haha:

So I tested on OPK today (~my usual time) and it's negative. CM is creamy? So I'm not exactly sure what that 'ewcm' was :shrug: I guess it's off to BD tonight for SMEP! :happydance:

And MIL's nephew and his wife r visiting us this weekend.... so might hv to do some :ninja: BD (inspired by sleepy! :haha:)

P.s when veiwing my pictures the ones with my red hair were taken about 5 years ago, hence why I look 16 !! xxx

Lauren - I do like the old stuff, Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline are my two oldie faves! My Dad's side is Polish too! When did your family come over? My Dad's parents came here from Poland after WWII. Neat!

treasured - I'm sure you can get it second hand. Isn't your OH a darling? Mine makes me tea and gets my breakfast ready every morning *spolied*

lxb - Yay extra points for me guessing the glasses! I love guessing what everyone looks like! haha it's funny how our personalities give us physical traits in people's minds! Like cowboy hats!!!

Lol!!! Now I'm LOLing big time at work. I'm actually quite opposite... Tall (5'9 or 176cm) and blonde, but I do like to wear killer shoes on occasion which makes me well over 6 feet!

I picked Sashimi Mimi because it's the name of the colour of my favourite (now discontinued) :( lipgloss from M.A.C. Cosmetics!

Back to work for me! More later!!

Quick one from me-exhausted and drafted in today to work on behalf of my colleague who's ill-only got home at 23.15, so tired!!

Lauren, glad you've been indulging in sugar and booze this cycle! You just have to sometimes to lift the spirits. Preg pilot, i really hope you are preggo, am keeping my fingers crossed. Country, your honey monster tendencies made me laugh. Sleepy, I'm on CD12, how are you getting on?

Helpful news from the nurse for me-they are giving me every blood test going on day 3 and day 19 of my cycle-even though not been trying a year (our 10th month and I'm 30). I told them I had 28 day cycle and partner had good sperm test so think that helped.

Also having a pelvic ultrasound on Monday-sounds pretty grim-they stick something up your vagina (a transvaginal transducer apparently!!!) which has lubrication on it-oh gawd. Still, it's steps in the right direction and my mum has offered to come with me, so sweet of her. Sashimi, have you had this? Is it that bad? Think it enables them to see ovaries, fallopian tube, cervix, uterus etc. Hope it doesn't matter that I'm having it done mid cycle?

Right bed for me. The O is round the corner i think but wondering if I am too exhausted to embrace it! Hallelujah for the weekend and its lovely lie ins though. xxx

I´ve had one of those pelvic ultrasounds... Not comfortable, but not painful either. Just really really weird.

Pino - Thanks for the list. Very helpful. I'm totally into all those vitamins and herbal remedies!!

Pregpilot - Sorry about the BFN. You're still in the running though. Do you think you'll test again tomorrow or just try to wait things out at this point?

Haribo - Obviously testing isn't fun, but you're right, it's a step in the right direction aka towards your BFP. I hope you get lots of rest this weekend and enjoy yourself. Sounds like you have been so busy and deserve some lazy time!!

Treasured - I use the internet cheapie OPKs and they seem to work fine. Have you tried those? Maybe worth a shot since they are so inexpensive. I use 2-3 a day from CD 8/9 (depending when EWCM starts) until FF confirms O.

Lxb - Yay for SMEP. I hope it works out for you this cycle :)

Sashimi - Totally agree - it's worth the money if it means you get your BFP and your little one will have a comfy home for 9 months. Really hoping this does the trick for you.

Lauren - Our moms totally didn't need BnB because they all seemed to get preg on the first cycle. Lucky ducks!! I also have an idea what everyone looks like and I'm sure it's so off base from reality but whatever! I feel like I know each one of you personally and like we are real life friends, lol. Oh and congrats on the decaf - big accomplishment I know!!

I'm CD3 today and AF is pretty much gone. Some light spotting only when I wipe now so that's good. Planning on getting OH in the mood and BD'ing a few times this weekend just so his guys are fresh for when we start SMEPing. I think it was a huge mistake to have regular coffee the past couple days because I was totally craving it this morning! How quickly the addiction returns. In other news, I have to set up my annual gyn. appt for late May/early June. I'm going to bombard my doc with TTC questions and this wealth of knowledge I've accumulated on here :)

I´m testing again on monday if AF doesn´t show.

Small status update for everybody here :)
No change yet.
Got my BFN yesterday, but no AF yet, and holding off testing again until monday if she doesn´t show this weekend :coffee:
I´m already 2 days late compared to last month.

country - My great grandfather came over either right before, after, or during WWII. A lot of my family still live on the east coast--Connecticut and NY. It's my dad's side, as well!

preg - I'm still holding out hope for you! That sounds promising.

Sashimi - You are tall! I love heels but I'm scared to wear them after hurting my ankle bad a few years ago. Also, OH is only about an inch taller than me when he's standing up straight, lol, and I don't like to tower over him. I hate when MAC discontinues great colors! My fave lipstick is gone, too.

Sashimi I just looked up that color and it is pretty! I have a Nars pencil that is very similar--it's called Dolce Vita. The color on the pencil makes it seem like a dark mauve and a little granny-ish, but it's much lighter and warmer on the lips. I looove it--it's sort of a bright nude.

Lauren, I love NARS! I should check that colour out. Lately, I've had a problem finding ANY lipstick that looks good on me. I don't know if it's because I'm 30 now, but even colours that I wore 1 or 2 years ago look clownish on me now. The worst is when I don't realize that it looks off and then I see a picture of myself where I have total clown mouth!!!

My positive thinking initiative was a challenge today. One thing I do not like about being back at work is having to take public transit, twice a day, during rush hour! People are so angrey and pushy. Some old man rolled his suitcase over my foot, and even though he was at fault, I ended up saying sorry. (Must be the Canadian in me to apologize for everything!!) He turned around and just glared at me and gave me the dirtiest look. Ugghh!! I can't stand crazy, angrey people on public transit! I seem to encounter a nutjob every single day.

I also notice that NO ONE gives up their seat for pregnant women. I always try to, but often find someone else (usually a man), dives in and steals the seat before the pregnant woman or elderly person can sit down. Before I started TTC, I always used to worry about having to take the subway, because I can't imagine fighting your way through an angrey, pushing pack of commuters with a huge baby bump. Funny how perspectives change, because now I would love more than anything to just HAVE a baby bump whether it be on a packed train, or driving in circles looking for parking downtown!

WOW I don't know where to start LOL

Lauren, and Treasured... I just accepted your friend requests. When I opened my browser(facebook is my home page) I was like "I don't know them LOL. So I logged in here to make sure LOL.

Country--- I am a bit disappointed that there are no cowboy hat or boots LOL. I love the 90’s stuff as weel as the new stuff. When I was a kid we had long drives all the time, and that was our thing LOL. I could never get into Twitter.I have one but don’t remember the log in stuff LOL. I went to 3 high schools, so facebook is my way of keeping touch. I am actually 5’8ish and my natural hair is like a dirty blonde. Dyed dark right now LOL. I used my last name and favorite number. I also didn’t know it would be my user name.

Lauren--- I am glad you don’t talk about TTC on facebook. For me, I am only 21 and my family would just be like…Why? Your to young blah blah blah. My husband’s family would always ask if I am pregnant yet…so it’s just NOT worth it! I am jealous of your booty LOL cause I don’t have one!!!

Treasured----Your OH sounds like a sweatheart!! Tell him to come give my husband lessons LOL JK(kinda) My OH works a lot all the time, so I try to spoil him  Also glad your TTC is on the DL 

Lxb---- Have fun BDing LOL… Have you found me on FB???

SashimiMimi--- I can’t wear killer shoes, first because I am a clutz LOL and my husband looks like a shrimp when I do LOL. I also don’t like to be taller than him.

Preg_pilot---- I hope AF doesn’t show!!! My fingers are crossed!!!

Hello,

I too am 30 and TTC. We've been trying since our miscarriage, April 5th 2010 (my birthday) It's really awesome to have such a forum, helps to read all the success stories! I am on my second round of clomid and trying to stay positive. I've had a total of 3 miscarriages and really hoping for a BFP that sticks, pretty soon. I swear I've become obsessed, and almost certain that I'm driving myself crazy. I've had a gamut of tests done and they all came back fine, except my prolactin levels... which were elevated; but I've been taking Bromocriptine faithfully and my levels have maintained a normal level. Sorry for the ranting but it feels great to put it all out to people, besides the hubby who won't judge me. I pray that great things happen to us all this year, thanks for listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->