• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crazy about ovulation! irregular cycles

I do have all that info so I will just get that ready before I go. Thx...

Ruby- I have no idea on the cm after BD. I have often wondered that myself.

Hello ladies. I have a question about CM. I read from FF that you should not check your CM after BD because it can interfere with the actual CM. I am wondering how long after can you be sure that its not interfering anymore.. So if we BD'd last night, and then this afternoon I had some signs of EWCM, could my CM still be affected from last night? Or am I okay to count it as actual EWCM.. So confused!

Welcome :)
I think that tends to vary slightly from woman to woman. I tend to ignore my cm until the afternoon the day following the PM BD and watch how it progresses through the rest of the day. It gets easier to figure out in time :) and as you observe your CM on non fertile days you will recognize the BD discharge differences from your CM.
Personally I find the amount, consistency, and color tends to be consistent from about noon forward then I will count it as EWCM or Watery however if it seems to just be in the morning after BD to mid day but the afternoon and evening are more whitish or sticky then I ignore the am cm as BD discharge and count the day as creamy or sticky.
That is just personally how I have tended to handle it.

Thank you hamurphy!

I just wasnt sure if I needed to give it a couple of days but that would be a really long time. I just started paying attention to CM so I am learning. :) PS i hope you O soon! After I get to day 30 with no O i am always so impatient and annoyed. It is really frustrating!!

Thank you hamurphy!

I just wasnt sure if I needed to give it a couple of days but that would be a really long time. I just started paying attention to CM so I am learning. :) PS i hope you O soon! After I get to day 30 with no O i am always so impatient and annoyed. It is really frustrating!!

It does have the potential to have a slight effect for more than a day as sperm can live in the reproductive tract for around 5 days however the amount is much less than the initial 24 hours. Though I can typically tell what CM is just by wiping I find that I get a much clear distinction by checking the CM vaginally as you can see when it is white on your fingers but not as easily on toilet paper. It is not something everywoman is comfortable with but I use it like a tie breaker if I do not know.

Thanks :) I am very impatient about it right now lol One thing that makes me feel hopeful when I get this far out is I look at the FF charts in the gallery that are over 35 days long and see the other very late ovulation women who got BFPs on their late O cycles :)

Baby dust to you and fingers crossed we all get BFPs soon! :)
:dust:

So my doctor's appointment went way better than expected. I provided all my medical information I could from memory and the doctor prescribed me two months of clomid!! I said that my weight was the same as it was when I got pregnant last time and I had been doing bbt that showed ovulation only once since starting. He was very nice and said we will try two months at 50 and two more months at 100 and if that doesn't do it then I can come back in for closer monitoring.

I am so beyond excited. :happydance:

I don't think I am going to use it until after the holidays. I think I want to get past them and all that added stress.

So my doctor's appointment went way better than expected. I provided all my medical information I could from memory and the doctor prescribed me two months of clomid!! I said that my weight was the same as it was when I got pregnant last time and I had been doing bbt that showed ovulation only once since starting. He was very nice and said we will try two months at 50 and two more months at 100 and if that doesn't do it then I can come back in for closer monitoring.

I am so beyond excited. :happydance:

I don't think I am going to use it until after the holidays. I think I want to get past them and all that added stress.

That is fantastic!!! I am so glad for you :) :happydance:

I finally had a temp spike this morning :) I hope it means I finally ovulated but need more high temps :) Fingers Crossed

Hamurphy - that looks like a good spike. I hope it stays up for you!

I finally ovulated :) 3dpo TWW in progress :)
Baby dust to everyone and I hope you all are great :)

Great news hamurphy! Just looked at your chart, that is a long cycle bless you! I conceived dd2 when I ovulated late, I ovulated on cd35 with her! I'm on cd6 now, just started doing opks. Hope I don't have to wait long to o the wto is worse than the tww in my eyes!

I haven't been home in two days since we had a gas leak so I haven't been able to do an opk. I have had almost a week of fertile CM. It is driving me crazy. But no temperature shift so pretty sure I haven't ovulated.

Thanks ladies :) I am just so glad I did O, I was so worried I was going to have and anovulatory cycle and just be wasting time. It is such a relief and this is the latest I have Oed ever so heres hoping ;)

I hope you get your O sooner rather than later ladies ;) the wait to O is the hardest to me too.

I haven't been home in two days since we had a gas leak so I haven't been able to do an opk. I have had almost a week of fertile CM. It is driving me crazy. But no temperature shift so pretty sure I haven't ovulated.

That's so tough :( I had a pretty long ewcm/fertile cm stretch this cycle too with no O at that time. It is so frustrating! I hope your temps jump up soon!

Hi wondering if anyone can help me. Had AF on 6th November. Starting using ov tests on 8th Nov. I know abit early but came off bc 1st week of October so wanted to find out when I ov. My tests started from being light, went dark and today it was back to be a faded line. Really hope I haven't missed ov day. Today is only CD8. So wondering have I missed it or will I ov later. I don't know my cycle length, so makes it bit hard to work out. Any comments appreciated! Picture below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi wondering if anyone can help me. Had AF on 6th November. Starting using ov tests on 8th Nov. I know abit early but came off bc 1st week of October so wanted to find out when I ov. My tests started from being light, went dark and today it was back to be a faded line. Really hope I haven't missed ov day. Today is only CD8. So wondering have I missed it or will I ov later. I don't know my cycle length, so makes it bit hard to work out. Any comments appreciated! Picture below.

I wouldn't think you Oed yet from the looks of it. For an OPK the test line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line to be considered positive. Are you checking any other signs or your BBT?

Thanks. Yes I have been just taken my temperature. Need to a new one though. Do you have any good recommendations ? Really hoping I don't ov until next week!

Is it normal for the line to dark to light when ov has taken place ? Sorry- I'm so new to this!

Cd 8 is still considered early to get a positive opk. Keep testing until the 2nd line is as dark or darker than the control line. You may experience a few wonky cycles just coming of bc, so if it doesn't happen don't get discouraged.

No problem :) any thermometer that is rated as a BBT is a good one to use, you could try a rite aid/Walgreens as they tend to be more aimed as a pharmacy plus shopping center. The Fertility Friend charting course has a ton of great information for first time ttc'ers even if you don't use their site it is a great starting point.

As for the change in colors on the Ovu tests you are looking at the test line for changes and the control line should be fairly consistent. The test line should get darker towards when you ovulate then become as dark or darker than the control line and after it will lighten. You should be able to confirm the test with your BBT increasing showing a biphasic shift because the test will show a surge in the LH hormone that stimulates the dominant follicle to rupture (ovulation) and after it ruptures it leaves behind the corpus luteum that produces progesterone which is a heat inducing hormone that causes your body temperature to increase.
Thus the test strips only predict part of the process of Ovulation and the confirmation of it is with the temperature. If you do not see the bbt shift then keep testing and temping as you may not have ovulated yet.
This cycle I ovulated way late and I had several peaks on my ovulation monitor but no thermal shift. I did not ovulate until CD 48 and so the other peaks were failed attempts at ovulation.

I hope this all helps :)

Ok I'm going abit crazy here. These are my ov tests. The one on the 12th was only CD7 and seems to be the darkest. Yesterday it went light and then today CD9 seems to be more pink than purple( the last test in the picture) really need some advice. Hope I haven't missed surge :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama