• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crazy about ovulation! irregular cycles

Thank you, I can't temp because I don't sleep through the night, I wake every 2 hours or so.

On a positive I have sooooo much EWCM today!!! Hoping it's a good sign because I rarely get it.

Honestly, I do too. I am a terrible sleeper. And if I am not up for myself DS is waking 2-3 times a night still. I never get 3 solid hours before taking my temp. Last cycle it still gave me a clear rise.

Yay!! Hopefully the EWCM is a good sign and O is coming.

So DH and I decided to not start clomid until mid-February. I am actually back on birth control as of yesterday. I decided to follow the birth control straight to clomid and see if that helps. My hormones are all out of wack and I really just wanted a ttc break. DH wanted to ntnp but I just can't do that. I am an all or nothing kinda person. I am hoping this will be good for my mental health as well. I have been struggling with not getting pregnant as all the emotions from ltttc DS came back. Now that we have a plan I feel a lot more confident.

Thank you, I can't temp because I don't sleep through the night, I wake every 2 hours or so.

On a positive I have sooooo much EWCM today!!! Hoping it's a good sign because I rarely get it.

Honestly, I do too. I am a terrible sleeper. And if I am not up for myself DS is waking 2-3 times a night still. I never get 3 solid hours before taking my temp. Last cycle it still gave me a clear rise.

Yay!! Hopefully the EWCM is a good sign and O is coming.

Oh really so it might not make much difference then. I'll dig my thermometer out ha!

Glad you have a plan in place, I think a couple of months not thinking so much about it will be good. I've never LTTTC before, so this is all new to me, can't imagine if I was like this with my other 2 :hugs:

That is a good sign :) There are many women who have disrupted sleep patterns and still temp successfully. As time goes on you will be able to read your signs and have an average cycle length to base your OPK and symptoms off of to better gauge ovulation. The only other thing would be having your doctor run tests for hormone levels to confirm ovulation possibilities however not all doctors are willing to do this until after a certain time ttc depending upon your age.

Baby dust to you :)

How is everyone doing? waiting to O, Tww? symptom checking? :)

I am now 7dpo and I have notice I got acne and tender breasts much earlier this cycle than usual :) hopefully it is a good sign :)

Babydust to all

Krissie I think I'm taking a break this next cycle too. After 2 yrs on our own and dh's low count and terrible motility I'm convinced we can't conceive on our own. I am emotionally exhausted and need to take a month to just get what is needed to start a new chapter out of the way. I'm waiting for af to start so I can set up all of the tests required by my RE. DH has another SA around the time I'll O so of course no sex. I just have no desire to try on our own anymore and be crushed by bfns or af. Sometimes you need to take time and take care of yourself.

Krissie I think I'm taking a break this next cycle too. After 2 yrs on our own and dh's low count and terrible motility I'm convinced we can't conceive on our own. I am emotionally exhausted and need to take a month to just get what is needed to start a new chapter out of the way. I'm waiting for af to start so I can set up all of the tests required by my RE. DH has another SA around the time I'll O so of course no sex. I just have no desire to try on our own anymore and be crushed by bfns or af. Sometimes you need to take time and take care of yourself.

:hug: That is pretty much how I feel. We've only been ttc #2 for a short period of time. But with DS it was 8 years. So there was a lot of emotions and that is what is triggering this time. Ever since August I just have known it wasn't going to be easy this time. So 3 months of high emotions and frustration. I am so ready for a break!! I do need to take care of me and I am going to try hard to lose weight. I am hoping that makes the clomid more effective.

:hug: That is pretty much how I feel. We've only been ttc #2 for a short period of time. But with DS it was 8 years. So there was a lot of emotions and that is what is triggering this time. Ever since August I just have known it wasn't going to be easy this time. So 3 months of high emotions and frustration. I am so ready for a break!! I do need to take care of me and I am going to try hard to lose weight. I am hoping that makes the clomid more effective.

Good luck hun. I really hope a break helps! Lots of :hugs:.

Big hugs ladies!!! The pain and frustration is awful :( at least you are recognizing the need to break for a little before it takes too much of a toll on you. That's important, put yourselves first :) I can feel the amplifying effects after already knowing the struggle last time. It definitely wears on you quicker and harder.

That is a good sign :) There are many women who have disrupted sleep patterns and still temp successfully. As time goes on you will be able to read your signs and have an average cycle length to base your OPK and symptoms off of to better gauge ovulation. The only other thing would be having your doctor run tests for hormone levels to confirm ovulation possibilities however not all doctors are willing to do this until after a certain time ttc depending upon your age.

Baby dust to you :)

I have had tests done, confirmed I don't ovulate every cycle but do some :wacko: waiting on a referral to gynecologist. We're on cycle #22 now and I'm 29.

I have had tests done, confirmed I don't ovulate every cycle but do some :wacko: waiting on a referral to gynecologist. We're on cycle #22 now and I'm 29.

Sounds about like me too just a little older, I'm 32 but I had the same issues prior to my daughter in my early twenties. Took us 2 years and fertility treatments but it eventually worked :)

Baby dust to you!
:dust:

Sounds about like me too just a little older, I'm 32 but I had the same issues prior to my daughter in my early twenties. Took us 2 years and fertility treatments but it eventually worked :)

Baby dust to you!
:dust:

Thank you same to you :flower:

My GP has mentioned clomid and that the gynecologist will speak to me about it but other then that I don't know what else they may suggest.

It really will just depend upon how your body responds to the treatment(s) as to what they do but clomid is common. I took several rounds of it too :)

Yep, clomid is pretty common. I will be starting it again in February since I seem to be ovulating only some of the time. I think I have confirmed twice in the last six months.

I used it with DS and at that time I wasn't ovulating at all. I got pregnant first round. So I am really hoping it works just as good this time.

Yep, clomid is pretty common. I will be starting it again in February since I seem to be ovulating only some of the time. I think I have confirmed twice in the last six months.

I used it with DS and at that time I wasn't ovulating at all. I got pregnant first round. So I am really hoping it works just as good this time.

I hope it works so great again too :)

I did several rounds of increasing amounts and the month after when I was going to take a break I ovulated naturally (of sorts) and got pregnant.

I have done a lot of research with combining it with black cohosh. I think I am going to do that. The studies appear to show high pregnancy rate and lower side effects (like thinned lining) when used together. I am also losing weight in hopes it all works in my favor. DH would love a November baby. I would like to only have to meet my deductible once. :haha:

that's good information as I am sure they will want to put me on it again as well thanks :)

Oh can it have side effects? What do you mean thin lining?

I'm glad it worked/helped you both, I'm willing to try anything at this point !

Clomid can thin your uterine lining which can impede implantation. I also got hot flashes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->