Ctc and child benefit

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

#2 will be here on 10th nov unless baby decides to arrive before. We currently have an open claim for ctc but we dont qualify for any payment atm but will when new baby arrives. This yrs estimation will be approx 2k less than last yr which will mean we can possibly get about an extra 70pm than what we would. So when I call do I give them last yrs figures from p60 taking off the approx 11 wks smp i was on and then I will give them an estimation for this yr as it will be less with smp etand I work less hours. Does anyone know how long it then takes for payments to go into bank as I am not already receiving regular payments.

Also we will be able to register baby within 2 wks of his birth which could mean we dont register him til around 22nd nov at latest BUT our current child benefit payment would be due 25th nov so will just pay for our lg as usual and not pay for new baby til next payment date on 23 dec? Also how do you add a new baby to cb do you have to fill all the forms out again?

Xx

What I tend to do is keep it simple. They have all the figures for SMP etc there so don't worry about working it all out, that's their job lol.

Have last years figures and then also tell them when you finished work and what you're receiving now as because if you've had a drop of more 15% they may work from this years figures (that's what they do with ours as hubby is a student).

I receive payments every 4th Thursday. I called them when Charlie was born and it took 3 weeks to get a letter. I had had a regular payment in that time so I got an interim payment and then my regular payment was updated to reflect Charlie being here. As it's your first you're likely to get an 'initial payment' and then a 'regular' payment. The letter is normally phrased as date - £xx.xx, then every four weeks - £xx.xx so you'll know what to expect.

CB - yes, you fill out the form again. you will need to fill in details for DD adn the new baby but you'll only need to send off the new baby's birth certificate as they should already have DD's on file (as you already get her payments). They backdate up to 3 months from receipt of the form, so you have time to get it off and you'll get a lump sum to get you up to date.

HTH

Thanks hun. Ive already got our p60 totals for last yr and I have worked our estimations for this year also inckuding my deduction for smp. I put it all in a previous post. I think this yrs worked out at about 2.5k less which instead of possible 155pm we could get approx 200 and odd pm!

When we had our letter in july it jst said dnt do anything if you earnt more than such amount but im assuming when i call when baby arrives i will give last yrs figures then say this yr we will earn less and give them the estimations for this yr.

Gotta love tax credit system :D

Xx

Thanks hun. Ive already got our p60 totals for last yr and I have worked our estimations for this year also inckuding my deduction for smp. I put it all in a previous post. I think this yrs worked out at about 2.5k less which instead of possible 155pm we could get approx 200 and odd pm!

When we had our letter in july it jst said dnt do anything if you earnt more than such amount but im assuming when i call when baby arrives i will give last yrs figures then say this yr we will earn less and give them the estimations for this yr.

Gotta love tax credit system :D

Xx

Thats exactly it. I am forever on the phone to them telling them about changes etc as it all makes a difference and I don't want an overpayment. It's a bit of a backwards system but can't complain when they're paying you lol :blush:

Haha. When our lg was born we were getting 40pm for 5 mnths then they put the tgresholds up and we JUST missed it so payments stop. When I go back to work nxt yr we will be able to get some towards childcare and the normal element will increase quite a bit for us so we will have to top up what we get from wages for our childcare, jst hope they dont put the thresholds up again too much or change the system again to screw us over!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->