Cycle 1 day 1. Who's with me? *update* It's a girl! Congrats baby_bray!!!

Can't wait for more pics. Finn is a good sleeper. So were my first two. Tonight I managed to get a bottle in at 11 so here's to hoping he sleeps till 6! Lol

Sorry you've had such a bad week :hugs: Wow you are lucky with Finn he sounds like a very happy and content baby. Annabelle had a better night last night but night before she had awful night i dont think she likes her crib or just doesnt like being on her own:shrug: im not sure.

Well, nothing really to report on my end. Had my appt, but no internal check, they'll start them next week. I never thought I'd be excited for an internal, but I'm really curious if there's anything going on down there with all the twangs and twinges!
Fundal height was spot on and she's definitely head-down and snuggling on in there now!
I had a different midwife for the first time. She was super nice, but when she was doing my belly check she sure did manipulate it alot! And not exactly softly! She gave me a heads up thankfully, but that was sort of a first. Got quite a few BH later on though, and just now after getting home it seems like I've had the first bits of what I would call mucus plug bits. Nothing significant though and I know it can regenerate, it was only like stringy little bits, not a whole lot. But still exciting!
I can't believe it's March now!!! Whether Abigail comes early or late, I'm pretty much guaranteed that she'll be born this month! If she's overdue enough to come in April I think I'd be ready to shoot myself :shock:

Bray: I hope for your sake she IS March baby! I can't imagine if you went all the way into April. I'm not sure if I'll let my doctor do internal checks this go round. My last doctor (I'm pretty sure) swept my membranes with DD and I specifically said that was something I didn't want done. Now I'm not as trusting...I'll have to make sure my new doctor understands my wishes

Thank all of you ladies for the advice on the BH. They have been so persistent! If I don't have BH then DS is kicking me constantly. It hurts! DD kicked but it was never so strong and didn't last long. This LO insists on kicking me for HOURS before bed. Sometimes I can't get to sleep before midnight, he just won't let up!! Only two more weeks until I'm out of school and back home. Then I'll definitely schedule an appointment with my doctor. I'm not sure that he can do anything for me, but I'll feel more in control. LOL

Mighty- It will be interesting to see what he is like as a neworn/infant. Liam moved like crazy when I was pregnant and he is still constantly moving! I think he has baby ADD ;) Anything he does he has to have his right leg moving. We were helping him wave bye bye the other day and the leg mas moving too (it cracks me up!)

Well my "good" sleeper had a rough night last night :( He woke up 4 or 5 times in a two hr stretch. He went right back to sleep each time, but I had to get up roll him on his side and pat his back. Finally at 3am I told DH that he HAD to get up with him. So they went an snuggled in the recliner and slept there. I think his problem is his sinuses. DH bought some more distilled water for his humidifier, but forgot to fill it up last night before he put him to bed. Tonight I am going to make sure that thing is full and on!

Aw Twinkie, it's hard when they're so little. A humidifier is the best you can do, plus it really helps them to sleep at an angle. DD loved to sleep on my chest in the rocker. I was tired enough to go along with it!

Last night at 3am DS decided he would wake up. And kickbox around my belly like Chuck Norris. I swear there was a karate tournament going on or something. Then it made me start having BHs and I was freaking out because they were so persistent and not letting up and I thought "OMG I am going to go into labor at 30 weeks..." I was freaked out. They finally stopped around 5am, and so did LO kicking. I meant to call my doctor about it today but by the time I decided to call I felt sheepish because I felt fine. So then I didn't call and now tonight they are back again and all I'm doing is lying down with my computer in my lap. This is going to be a LONG 3rd tri, LOL!

Aw Twinkie, it's hard when they're so little. A humidifier is the best you can do, plus it really helps them to sleep at an angle. DD loved to sleep on my chest in the rocker. I was tired enough to go along with it!

Last night at 3am DS decided he would wake up. And kickbox around my belly like Chuck Norris. I swear there was a karate tournament going on or something. Then it made me start having BHs and I was freaking out because they were so persistent and not letting up and I thought "OMG I am going to go into labor at 30 weeks..." I was freaked out. They finally stopped around 5am, and so did LO kicking. I meant to call my doctor about it today but by the time I decided to call I felt sheepish because I felt fine. So then I didn't call and now tonight they are back again and all I'm doing is lying down with my computer in my lap. This is going to be a LONG 3rd tri, LOL!

For me they got worse as little guy continued to move. You have 6 more weeks- you can do it! Tell that crazy little fella to behave :) Did you call your Dr? Mine always said to call if I had a question, even at night. Or I could call L&D (although they usually just tell you to come in a be monitored to know for sure). It is impossible to tell if the contractions are strong enough to dilate you without being checked!

I should call my doctor. I can only call after hours, but I suppose it can't be helped. I tried to call at lunch, but they left for lunch early and I got the call service. :/

Mighty.... I went to ER like 10 times. Lol they don't judge. I had horrible regular Bh. In the end they were 5min apart for hours-days. Since Finn was breech nothing happened. I truly believe if he had been in position I would have had him at 36-37 weeks. Hang in there it can be awful.

Twinkie... We have a sinus problem too. Called dr and they said no reason to come in. Little guy sounds congested. Tonight we are doing the humidifier to see if it helps. Finn was up 3 times just to cry for a minute and then back to sleep. Totally unlike him.

Bray.... 38 weeks!! She will be coming soon! So excited for you.

Tv... Hope Annabelle gets used to her crib. Finn loves his and it makes life so easy.

It figures they left early! You always get a voicemail when you call my Dr. office and then someone calls you back. This makes me crazy! With as much as it costs to go to the Dr. you would think they could hire someone to answer the dang phone! How are you feeling today?

Well little guy rolled belly to back yesterday- finally! - now he just needs to figure out to do both at the same time to get places LOL.

Mighty.... I went to ER like 10 times. Lol they don't judge. I had horrible regular Bh. In the end they were 5min apart for hours-days. Since Finn was breech nothing happened. I truly believe if he had been in position I would have had him at 36-37 weeks. Hang in there it can be awful.

Twinkie... We have a sinus problem too. Called dr and they said no reason to come in. Little guy sounds congested. Tonight we are doing the humidifier to see if it helps. Finn was up 3 times just to cry for a minute and then back to sleep. Totally unlike him.

Bray.... 38 weeks!! She will be coming soon! So excited for you.

Tv... Hope Annabelle gets used to her crib. Finn loves his and it makes life so easy.

Mail I am convinced Liam being breech kept me from dilating when I had contractions at 32/33 weeks! (Thank goodness too, because if I would have been dilating they were going to keep me in the hospital overnight and that would have sucked!)

Have you tried using saline drops with the nasal aspirator? I wasn't using them at first and they make a big difference! We used the humidifier last night and there was definately an improvement! I hate that there isn't much we can do for them at this age :(

38wks! Whew! I can't wait to do my belly pics when I get home. I feel so obligated to do them "day of" now, since I never know when the last one is going to be! I used to put it off and be +2/3 days or just do it next week....early on it was hard to tell a difference so it wasn't that big of a deal lol

Abby is finally starting to chill out some. Doesn't get her legs locked out straight much now. Still moves alot but the movements are *finally* smaller. She does this thing though....they said it's normal, but it feels like she shakes, or quivers or something...I don't know if it's just her being squished for space or what, but it's weird!

Seems like I'm not having many BH again...I can barely tell when I get them :/ And I don't feel like I'm getting the funny little pinches much....now I'm just starting to feel like I'm gonna end up being an overdue mom... Bought evening primrose oil tablets yesterday and took one orally and did one vaginally overnight, and I don't know how I feel about it yet. It was a little messier than I would have thought. The second time I got up to pee at night, after I got up, I noticed my underwear felt a little wet and then I felt a little "leak", I was all excited, I thought maybe it was my water! But it was oil....ew....so I had to change my panties and I made sure to put a liner in because that oil just stays wet feeling...Not sure if it did anything. I'll probably try it again tonight (with a liner right off the bat!) and see how things go. Anything to help "ripen me up" ;)

Congrats on 38 weeks! It will be interesting to see if the primrose oil helps. I think that the lessening BH is actually a good thing. You're getting ready for the real deal. Baby just has to put her little head into position to start the whole process!

Poor baby Finn and baby Liam all congested! We used a nose frida, humidifier, and saline drops. Still didn't do much. I saw something on pinterest about putting eucalyptus oil on their feet with socks at night, might want to ask the pediatrician first though.

AFM: We have a snow day today. I wouldn't consider the weather terribly bad, but I guess it scared the locals. So I've been sewing all day. Made a car seat cooler! I took a tutorial online and gave it a twist, so mine is quilted. It turned out cute though! I'm making three more identical to the first. I also have 9 shoulder heating pads to finish plus all my handwarmers I made. Pregnancy makes me all crafty, LOL!

38wks! Whew! I can't wait to do my belly pics when I get home. I feel so obligated to do them "day of" now, since I never know when the last one is going to be! I used to put it off and be +2/3 days or just do it next week....early on it was hard to tell a difference so it wasn't that big of a deal lol

Abby is finally starting to chill out some. Doesn't get her legs locked out straight much now. Still moves alot but the movements are *finally* smaller. She does this thing though....they said it's normal, but it feels like she shakes, or quivers or something...I don't know if it's just her being squished for space or what, but it's weird!

Seems like I'm not having many BH again...I can barely tell when I get them :/ And I don't feel like I'm getting the funny little pinches much....now I'm just starting to feel like I'm gonna end up being an overdue mom... Bought evening primrose oil tablets yesterday and took one orally and did one vaginally overnight, and I don't know how I feel about it yet. It was a little messier than I would have thought. The second time I got up to pee at night, after I got up, I noticed my underwear felt a little wet and then I felt a little "leak", I was all excited, I thought maybe it was my water! But it was oil....ew....so I had to change my panties and I made sure to put a liner in because that oil just stays wet feeling...Not sure if it did anything. I'll probably try it again tonight (with a liner right off the bat!) and see how things go. Anything to help "ripen me up" ;)
I usedto feel Annabelle shake, and now shes here she still does it with her legs/feet i guess its quite normal.

Afm.... Im having a bad few days with LO cant complain to much shes sleeping so much better at night, but in the day all she wants to do is feed when shes awake. Im only bf and im just so worried shes not getting enough off me???:shrug:

I usedto feel Annabelle shake, and now shes here she still does it with her legs/feet i guess its quite normal.

Afm.... Im having a bad few days with LO cant complain to much shes sleeping so much better at night, but in the day all she wants to do is feed when shes awake. Im only bf and im just so worried shes not getting enough off me???:shrug:

The is the bad part of breast feeding. Have you tried to pump just to see how much you are producing?

TV, I had the same fears! My problem wasn't I wasn't producing enough, but that little guy was so sleepy that he would eat for 10 minutes or so then, want to go back to sleep :( He quit gaining weight so I ended up pumping for him, but that caused him to refuse to BF all together (he preferred bottles and would scream when I tried to latch him). Which has lead to me pumping for him for the past 5 months!

Can you have her weighed? If you can see that she is gaining weight you may be more reassured.

mail, i need some of finn's sleepiness over this way. kash has some tummy troubles yesterday and today and cannot sleep and needs to be held all the time. poor guy

Nature is kind of amazing, trust the process! If she's nursing all the time, she may simply be comforted by suckling. Many infants are, that's why they make pacifiers. :) If she falls asleep easily while feeding try feeding without a blanket or clothes on her so she has to stay awake (or tickle her heels while feeding). If you'd like you might try a pacifier, but if you're worried she's not getting enough nutrition I'd stick to nursing. If you can weigh her to make sure she's gaining weight, that might help ease your mind too. So many nursing mothers see babies being fed 4-6 ounces of formula and think that's how much breastmilk their baby should be getting, but truth is most formula fed babies are overfed. If your LO is sleeping well at night, she'll need extra feedings in the day to compensate. It's a little overwhelming at first, but it will pass!

So just got back from my appt and got a little bit of a bummer. BP was mildly elevated today. They even manually rechecked it before I left and it was the same. Along with a 4lb jump (in a week!?)...I've still got some swelling, but that's been going on, and it's not extreme. It's just constant through-out the the day now. Swollen when I wake up, swollen when I lay down. Midwife wasn't ready to do labs yet. But if I have any goofy symptoms I'm to call up and come in to do them....Next appt will be this coming Thursday.

Got my first internal today, wasn't even uncomfortable or anything, but nothing going on "down there"... :p so drat...

C'mon Baby Abby.....cooperate! lol

Ah well...Just gotta take it easy this week and stay diligent with my symptom watching.

So just got back from my appt and got a little bit of a bummer. BP was mildly elevated today. They even manually rechecked it before I left and it was the same. Along with a 4lb jump (in a week!?)...I've still got some swelling, but that's been going on, and it's not extreme. It's just constant through-out the the day now. Swollen when I wake up, swollen when I lay down. Midwife wasn't ready to do labs yet. But if I have any goofy symptoms I'm to call up and come in to do them....Next appt will be this coming Thursday.

Got my first internal today, wasn't even uncomfortable or anything, but nothing going on "down there"... :p so drat...

C'mon Baby Abby.....cooperate! lol

Ah well...Just gotta take it easy this week and stay diligent with my symptom watching.

I know the waiting is hard, but she will come when she is ready. This is your first so it may take so time. With my son I was dialated 3 for over two weeks, and ended up being induced cause I was past my due date.

Gosh I forgot what hard work this age is. Lol thank god Finn is a fairly good baby. He was a cranky crank today. Luckily he seems to have gotten over it. Hoping he will wake up shortly for a bottle. He has slept thru his 8pm bottle and I am scared that means its gonna be a long night. Think he's in a growth spurt because he has woken up 2 nights in a row for a bottle at 1. Then he sleeps till 630. Still not bad but I was so used to sleeping straight thru. We have a dr apt next week. So excited to see how much he has grown. I measured him last week and he was 25.5 inches long. He's grown half a foot since he was born. That just seems like a lot. He's over the 95th percentile. Also about to be in 6-9 clothes. Crazy. Also I think Finn is allergic to cats.

Bray... Sorry things aren't moving along. I bet you are so ready for her to be here.

Mighty... How go the Bh?

Tv... I am willing to bet it is the fact she is sleeping more that has her feeding more. Bf is so hard to monitor. Pump and you will know for sure.

Moter... Poor kash. Finn has poopy problems still. He has started going on a more regular basis but they are so hard. Gas drops, hot water bottle are life savers. My mil bought us an owl that goes in the microwave and you rest it on their stomach. Good luck.

Twinkie.... I can't believe Liam is already rolling around. He's growing so fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->