Cycle #6 anyone?

Clareybeary

Pregnant #1
Reaction score
Hey peeps!

DH and I have just moved onto our 6th cycle TTC. I have fairly long and irregular cycles and so this month I am going all out - Evening primrose oil, B6, folic acid and Agnus Castus! I will only take EPO until I ovulate (which generaly happens CD25 ) but hopefully AC will make me OV sooner this month. Love the BD aspect of TTC though!!!!! Anyone else still waiting for #1?

I am on ttc cycle 5. I also have long cycles, the last one was 36 days.
Does agnus castus really help you to ovulate faster? I hate waiting 3 weeks just to ovulate.

I have read that it can help people with long cycles to regulate OV or OV sooner. I'll let you know how it goes. Even if it only shaves off a few days each month it'll be worth it. I hate waiting to OV too!!!!

I just found a helpful site that may have convinced me to give agnus castus a shot...

"Studies have shown that extracts of Agnus castus can stimulate the release of Leutenizing Hormone (LH) and inhibit the release of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). This suggests that the volatile oil has a progesterone-like effect. Its benefits stem from its actions upon the pituitary gland specifically on the production of luteinizing hormone. This increases progesterone production and helps regulate a woman's cycle. Agnus Castus may also regulate prolactin secretion. The ability to decrease excessive prolactin levels may benefit infertile women.

A study conducted in London (double blind study) showed a 60% group reduction or elimination of PMS symptoms such as anxiety, nervous tension, insomnia, or mood changes, from subjects who were taking dried agnus castus capsules."

https://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-agnus-castus.html

hhmmmmm....

Hi to you both,

Dh and I are just heading into Cycle 7- (strictly it's cycle 8 but we only DTD 3 times in the first cycle so I'm not counting it!) I've been having fairly regular cycles since coming off bc last summer but have convinced myself I'm not ov'ing due to never getting a +opk and seeing very little cm at any time. Keep reminding myself average length of time ttc in early 30s is 7-10 months- let's stay positive together!! xx

Definitely! I never get EWCM so this month am taking Evening Primrose oil unitl I OV (usually around CD 26, I get pains and smileys on my digi so I assume I am OV'ing!) and drinking grapefruit juice every day until OV - yuk! Was sooooo annoyed because two months of us TTC, DH has been away over OV. Just bad timing I guess but I feel like it's been wasted! I'm sure it will happen when it happens but I am so impatient. DH and I are so happy together alone and so it's not the end of the world I suppose but I really want to be pregnant and have a belly!!!!!

We've been TTC since Dec - I've not had a positive OPK until today!! I've taken Agnus Cactus this month and EPO for a few days and taken pre-conceive this month - I can't believe I finally got a smiley face this month!!! I was really skeptical about taking AC but here we are!!!! everything is crossed to tightly for this month!!!

Ooh! Well done you!!!! How long were you taking AC for just out of interest? What dosage?

Hey peeps!

DH and I have just moved onto our 6th cycle TTC. I have fairly long and irregular cycles and so this month I am going all out - Evening primrose oil, B6, folic acid and Agnus Castus! I will only take EPO until I ovulate (which generaly happens CD25 ) but hopefully AC will make me OV sooner this month. Love the BD aspect of TTC though!!!!! Anyone else still waiting for #1?

Hi,

I'm in my 6th cycle TTC! I might just have to have a look into that agnus cactus as I seem to OV pretty late too.

Last month tho, had a smiley face on OPK day 12, and then had 20 day LP - surely a false positive on my clear blue digi??:dohh:

Fingers crossed for us all!!

Does sound a bit fishy to me!!!!!

I am on quite a low dosage of AC - as on Boots advert:

Every tablet contains a concentrated, standardised 20 mg extract of agnus castus (vitex agnus castus L) providing the equivalent of up to 240mg of dried fruit.

SO will see how it goes this month!

I'm also into C#6... didn't ovulate this time around but hopefully next month will be better!! Usually take 30ml of Guaifenesin (cough syrup) for week & half leading up to O...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->