Cycle Day 1 anyone? (TTC#1)

We were in PR a few years bak, so we're just flying in the night before.

I wonder if the fogging is fo sand fleas and stuff? I've never heard of that. We will be visiting Antigua though :)

Have so much fun!!! It's for the mosquitos mostly, but yes.

I left a message with my ob/gyn. I figure this is a good time for a pre-conception visit. Either way, I am taking a warm sunny vacation while it's still just me and my man!

Yea, I wonder if I should hit up the ob too. I really DH to get his sperm examined.....I believe he could be a problem due to diabetes. We'll see after this cycle.

My DH is going to get checked in a few months as well - if nothing has happened. We both have some things in our past that could create problems. Hoping it's not the case.

Hoping for you too.:hugs:

In the meantime - I figured out a game.... Guess who is the psycho member of the group. Did you get it??? It's ME!

Here is my latest issue (and by the way, I am normally really laid back. I just don't have anyone else that I want to talk to about ttc. It's nice to remain anonymous. So again, thank you all for being a support through this.)

Have any of you had EWCM on CD 6? I haven't had any for about 5 months. For over a week now I have been drinking grapefruit juice and decaf green tea. Did a cervix check in the shower and there are gobs of EWCM. I have also had cramps today, but didn't think anything of it. I was going to follow SMEP, but think I should begin every other day BDing tonight. Husband will be happy - we both hate waiting this long. Did take an OPK and it's negative so that makes me feel like I didn't miss anything - at least I hope. Maybe I really am just crazy!

I've not had alot of ewcm for a while . Starting to worry me? X

I'm trying to use the TTC down time to focus on work and our new house. Also need to firm up my spring break plans (I'm a professor). we're going on a cruise from Puerto Rico. I have the plane tickets and the hotel....but not the cruise lol

I went to PR about 5 years ago and it has some lovely areas. The south west side has one of only a few bays in the world with plankton that glow in the dark. If you can swing it, I highly recommend checking it out one night.

We are thinking about going to Antigua in April and are just about ready to book. However, I just read that they "fog" the resorts there due to bugs - basically they are spraying pesticides. I am wondering if I should look at a different island. Have any of you heard of this before? Do you know if this is common on other islands?

I've heard of it, but never had to deal with it personally. Honestly, I would prefer a place that tries to control the bug population, because you never know what those little guys are carrying. But if it's going to interfere with your trip, I would say find another island to go to. There are so many beautiful little islands to check out!

If we ever make it to PR, I'll be sure to check that place out!! Thanks!

Yea, I wonder if I should hit up the ob too. I really DH to get his sperm examined.....I believe he could be a problem due to diabetes. We'll see after this cycle.

My brother in law has issues with his sperm due to diabetes, so I would suggest for him to get checked out, just so you know what you're working with.

In the meantime - I figured out a game.... Guess who is the psycho member of the group. Did you get it??? It's ME!

Here is my latest issue (and by the way, I am normally really laid back. I just don't have anyone else that I want to talk to about ttc. It's nice to remain anonymous. So again, thank you all for being a support through this.)

Have any of you had EWCM on CD 6? I haven't had any for about 5 months. For over a week now I have been drinking grapefruit juice and decaf green tea. Did a cervix check in the shower and there are gobs of EWCM. I have also had cramps today, but didn't think anything of it. I was going to follow SMEP, but think I should begin every other day BDing tonight. Husband will be happy - we both hate waiting this long. Did take an OPK and it's negative so that makes me feel like I didn't miss anything - at least I hope. Maybe I really am just crazy!

Thanks for your support too!!

I'm always still bleeding on CD6. AF lasts about 7-8 days. I don't check CM during AF. I also only get EWCM during ovulation. Sorry I'm not any help. I'm sure you didn't miss anything, but it also couldn't hurt to get a head start on the BDing.

Thanks Mandel. What kinds of problems does he have?

I didn't get EWCM last month, but this AM I was pretty wet....but maybe I'll call it sticky. I'm still trying to figure out all the different CM.

I'm not 100% sure, because I don't like him and my husband isn't that close with him. But him and his gf have been trying to have a baby for quite some time, I think about 5 years, and he found out he had issues a couple years ago. I believe he said he was shooting blanks. He did start some type of medicine, but I don't know what came about from it, sorry!

I'm still trying to figure out CM too! Last month was the first time I actually checked on a daily basis, and that still didn't help me. With all the reading I've done, for the most part, it's said that CM is not a good way to detect pregnancy, so I've decided not to look too much into it. Not saying I won't still check because I just can't help myself, but I'm going to try and not use it as an indicator.

I like to solve things natuarally. I read a lot about grapefrut juice and decaf (or regular) green tea and it does seem to be doing the trick.

I have up to one litre, but usually only 16-20 oz of grapefruit juice total in a day, some AM some PM and I read 2-3 cups of green tea but I only seem to have time for one. It's been a week and my cm is better. This may be why I already had EWCM.

I have to get to work, but later today I can send some links that better describe cervical mucus. It's is not a good way to know if you are pregnant, but a great way to know when you are fertile.

I like to solve things natuarally. I read a lot about grapefrut juice and decaf (or regular) green tea and it does seem to be doing the trick.

I have up to one litre, but usually only 16-20 oz of grapefruit juice total in a day, some AM some PM and I read 2-3 cups of green tea but I only seem to have time for one. It's been a week and my cm is better. This may be why I already had EWCM.

I have to get to work, but later today I can send some links that better describe cervical mucus. It's is not a good way to know if you are pregnant, but a great way to know when you are fertile.

Thanks hun that will be good, I've ordered preseed now but goin to her grapefruit juice shortly xx

I have used preseed for the last few months as well. I really like it, but want to see if I can build my own instead, or in addition to, this month. I did find that I didn't need the recommended dose, but I started with that to see what it was like. I think you will be pleased. (I now use 1 - 1 1/2 vs the 2 - 2 1/2 that they recommend.)

Here is a link re: CM which has pictures:
https://www.babycenter.com/101_what-cervical-mucus-looks-like-through-your-cycle_10351429.bc

Of course, these pics show what it's like for people with loads of CM. For those that don't have a lot this info can help as well.
Sticky will feel like Elmer's glue. Even if you can't see much, your fingers will stick together a bit. This can be clumpy as well but I find it's the feel that is the best indicator.
creamy will feel like lotion. if you don't have much, scrape your finger nail along your finger. This will pick up enough to see the consistency. After ovulation you can get creamy CM which can also look like large clumps and there can be a lot of it. Again, it's what it feels like that will help you determine the difference.
watery will leave your fingers very wet w/out any specific texture or feel. Almost like a warmed up lubricant or watered down lube. You will often see this a day or two before AF as well. This is to begin shedding dead cells from your uterus.
EWCM is exactly what they say. It will stretch between your fingers w/out breaking. Once it reaches it's max stretch one side will release from your finger and spring to the other like a rubber band.

I did read last night that we can get EWCM whenever estrogen is on the rise but, since it's also a good indicator of fertility it's good to bd when you see it to be safe. It can also show anywhere from a day to a week before ovulation.

Hope this helps!

I'm trying to use the TTC down time to focus on work and our new house. Also need to firm up my spring break plans (I'm a professor). we're going on a cruise from Puerto Rico. I have the plane tickets and the hotel....but not the cruise lol

I went to PR about 5 years ago and it has some lovely areas. The south west side has one of only a few bays in the world with plankton that glow in the dark. If you can swing it, I highly recommend checking it out one night.

We are thinking about going to Antigua in April and are just about ready to book. However, I just read that they "fog" the resorts there due to bugs - basically they are spraying pesticides. I am wondering if I should look at a different island. Have any of you heard of this before? Do you know if this is common on other islands?

I've heard of it, but never had to deal with it personally. Honestly, I would prefer a place that tries to control the bug population, because you never know what those little guys are carrying. But if it's going to interfere with your trip, I would say find another island to go to. There are so many beautiful little islands to check out!

That is a very good point. The bites could be worse than the pesticide. Going to try to reach the ob again today to set something up and get her opinion on where to go.

That is a very good point. The bites could be worse than the pesticide. Going to try to reach the ob again today to set something up and get her opinion on where to go.

Good luck!!

Okay - just talked to my ob's office. They can't get me in until Mid May - argh - but they did say go on vacation anywhere and have fun. If they are actively fogging avoid it, but not to worry about being in a room or on a resort where they actively fog. She did remind me that she does not know what chemicals they use. I asked about eating buffet style and possible bacterias in the water and she doesn't know of any issues. As long as it's a reputable place all should be fine. Stick to the same rules as here - no raw food etc. due to listeria.

Okay - just talked to my ob's office. They can't get me in until Mid May - argh - but they did say go on vacation anywhere and have fun. If they are actively fogging avoid it, but not to worry about being in a room or on a resort where they actively fog. She did remind me that she does not know what chemicals they use. I asked about eating buffet style and possible bacterias in the water and she doesn't know of any issues. As long as it's a reputable place all should be fine. Stick to the same rules as here - no raw food etc. due to listeria.

Sorry about the mid-May appointment. But try and look at it on a positive note. I see a ton of BFP stories where the women were a few days away from going to see their doctor, or were on a break or on vacation. So maybe this is the perfect timing for you. You get to enjoy your vacation, without the worries of being pregnant and come back and start fresh. Maybe the vacation is exactly what you need. :)

Sorry about the mid-May appointment. But try and look at it on a positive note. I see a ton of BFP stories where the women were a few days away from going to see their doctor, or were on a break or on vacation. So maybe this is the perfect timing for you. You get to enjoy your vacation, without the worries of being pregnant and come back and start fresh. Maybe the vacation is exactly what you need. :)

Thanks - I am actually not worried about it. She is awesome and will always answer questions. Should I get pg she will get me in much faster and she is an amazing doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->