Dairy free moms

the kara coconut milk is indistinguishable from normal milk in baking and has far more similar structural properties, I have even substituted it for buttermilk and while you don't get as much of a rise (and you need to lose slightly less as it is thinner) it is the closest dairy free thing I have found to it. xx

the kara coconut milk is indistinguishable from normal milk in baking and has far more similar structural properties, I have even substituted it for buttermilk and while you don't get as much of a rise (and you need to lose slightly less as it is thinner) it is the closest dairy free thing I have found to it. xx
Ooh i'll need to try that at some point! I know this wasn't aimed at me but Thankyou anyway!

I made a german raised 'sheet cake' aka blechkuchen with vegetable shortening (apparently its not the same with margarine) and the kara, it was totally dairy free but tasted completely authentic and delicious-very easy to make too :D xx

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!! *excitement*

I've ordered 2 thingies of cheese from this site: https://www.veggiestuff.com/acatalog/vegan-dairy-free-cheese.html

No idea if it will be any good or not, but i'll let people know - im a veggie anyway even before LO was dx'd with CMPI so wasn't too happy at having to give up cheese.

It does seem to have some soya protein in it though. I do have to watch soya as it affects Danny's skin but none of the other symptoms, so I'll just cake him in eumocream after a cheese toastie lol

Yep thats the problem all dairy free cheese here contains soya; I think in the US there are some brands that don't xx

Laydeeeeez, I just posted this on another thread...my friend told me recently that she'd been recommended the Gwyneth Paltrow cook book by another friend. Both are dairy free for their little ones while BFing. I skipped off to have a look, and it's rammed full of delicious recipes...everything from muffins to brownies. I'd recommend checking it out. Cakes a go-go!

This thread is amazing! Just read through the whole thing. So many good ideas :thumbup:

I've been dairy free for 3 days now... I'm really surprised at what has dairy in it! :growlmad:

His spitting up does seem to be getting better. He's still very stuffy sounding, though, and his spit-up has changed from just being huge amounts and watery to being thick and looking like it has mucous in it. :shrug: He also has what I figured was just baby acne all around his face, I'm waiting to see if that clears up. I'm not sure if the fussiness is getting better. He was pretty upset after his last feed, but he calmed right down with a swaddle and some cuddles. :shrug:

Oh dear....just went put for some food...I know I am trialling dairy, but butter is out :( its given me snotty nose and weird stomach?! Hope to goodness Ally is ok! Weirdly, butter and I are not great mates, whereas chocolate and I were fine!

Oh dear....just went put for some food...I know I am trialling dairy, but butter is out :( its given me snotty nose and weird stomach?! Hope to goodness Ally is ok! Weirdly, butter and I are not great mates, whereas chocolate and I were fine!

I had the same issue with soya, didn't affect my son but its only in the past month that I have been able to reintroduce small amounts of soya into my diet xx

How weird! Without going into tmi, but I have upset stomach, headache and sniffy nose! Oh well, chocolate is way better than butter :haha: do you think cutting it out makes us a bit more 'intoleant', SR?

I've just made some dairy, soya, wheat, egg and refined sugar free blueberry muffins....and they taste in-credible. My friend was right about Gwyneth! I've tried others, but these are aaaammmzing.

For anyone interested...

100g white spelt flour
125g whole spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp fine salt
125ml veg oil
125ml maple syrup
125ml soya milk...but I reckon rice/oat etc would be fine for non-soya mummy's
4 tbsp agave syrup
300g blueberries

Mix wet ingredients, mix dry ingredients....fold wet into dry...fold in blueberries. Bake in muffin tin (makes 12) for 20-25 mins (180 degree oven) or until a cocktail stick comes out clean.

Eat. Enjoy...and relish the fact they taste good and are good for you!

My OH had apple pie and custard last night, made by me for pudding so i decided i needed a pudding too and melted myself some 75% chocolate from lindt (no dairy in it) and grabbed a few marshmallows, strawbs and dairy free ginger thins and got dipping and scoffing! it was bliss lol! iv made dairy free cupcakes today and have dairy free neopolitan ice cream coming in the shopping so im going be a happy bunny again later :)

anybody else been referred to a dietician for cutting dairy out of their diet? i went to an appointment for elizas reflux and he has sent a refferal to the dietician to make sure were getting enough calcium from other sources, i know i am but it will be nice to make sure :) xx

Hiya, how is everyone doing?

Well i have a doctors appointment for Cora on Monday. As yet my doctor has not taken me seriously with regards to the possibility that Cora may have an allergy issue.

Cora's poo was normal today (i think, I do wonder If I am even know what normal is anyore?). SO i took a photo (and now i actually feel a bit sick!). I am going to trial dairy over the weekend. I have previously (about 3 weeks ago) trialled dairy i small amounts (a yorkshire pudding and a bit of toffee sauce) with some effects on ger digestive system. But I want to get some definitve proof to get a doctor to take me seriously (or to prove to myself that it is not dairy related). So I am going to go full pelt and have some weetabix with milk and maybe some cheese. I HATE the thought that i could cause Cora pain and discomfot BUT i need to get this figured out once and for all!

SO wish me luck!

Oh, Shiv, I know how feel! My diatribe about says it all...

I really hope all goes well, update us on how it goes :hugs:

We are good here, trialling away! I was wondering about my calcium and vt d supplements...should I be taking them if I am getting 100% of my rda from fortified oat milk and cereal? Both have calcium and vit d? I think I will throw in my multivitamin, too, but I tend to only take the supplement if I haven't eaten cereal.

Have you had any bad reaction yet or do you thin you are in the clear now Tennis girl?

I thiiiink if we have anything, it is much improved. We just have excess posset and a few sneezes, which the other DF mummy's think...like we do...is likely to be coincidence and/or teething (which is bad ATM) The posset I will keep an eye on, but littlest lady is a pretty possety girl generally. We get lots.

No explosive poos, normal gas, no pain...

I've only tried chocolate so far...but will try parmesan (keep forgetting.) I won't ave normal milk, as it gives me stomach ache...but will introduce a few more things.

I hope you get a better tum, got everything crossed.

Has anyone noticed, on reintroduction, that things taste really weird? I always think everything tastes a bit off! I honestly don't think I will ever go back to eating as much as before.

Has anyone noticed, on reintroduction, that things taste really weird? I always think everything tastes a bit off! I honestly don't think I will ever go back to eating as much as before.

I noticed that when I done a "trial" of cheese lol, i kept asking OH if he was SURE it didn't smell foosty, it was only medium cheddar but im positive it smelled worse than a warm mix of parmesan and stilton with a few mouldy toes thrown in :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->