Dairy free moms

i made full on dairyfest cupcakes for OH (toffee cupcakes made with butter and a toffee fudge crumble topping) and just touching and breathing in minimal amounts of dairy have effected LO, not alot but she has her rash back :(

I get to see the nutritionilist soon :) i had to ask the pediatric to reffer me tho as Dr doesnt believe in it lol but at least i can make sure were both getting what we need!

(sorry for all the typos/bad spelling, LO is asleep all over me! lol)

For those who like oatly, there is a link here for a PDF coupon (you can print as many times as you like and save to your PC) for 30p off the fresh type of oatly (only Tesco sell it AFAIK), the site is the official site of couponstar who make most coupons so it is totally legit

https://www.beforeishop.co.uk/CouponWeb/Offers.aspx?pid=11416&nid=29&zid=oj54&chnl=1

like many other PDF coupons it expires on Jan 31st so hurry if you want to use it :D xx

Chichester - let us know how you get on :hugs: hopefully some positive action.

SR- thank you! Oatley and I are now bff's ;)

i will let you know :) tho my friend is a training nutrionalist and has given me a list of foods to eat each week to get lots of calcium, i think im getting more than when i ate dairy lol! oh well at least the dietician will also put down on Elizas notes that she does have CMPI and then i can go rub it in the Drs face! i looove doing that! done the same thing with her reflux lol! i shall try to remember anything they tell me is important to have and let you girls know lol! xx

oh and btw...im making ooey gooey chocolate brownies with almond and choc chips in today and ... theyre going to be 100% dairy free! anybody jealous? ...or want the recipe? lol! xx

Yes and yes! Please! I've got the Paltrow brownie recipe which is a/ dairy free and b/ utterly divine...but am always looking for more fab recipes!

Happy to exchange if you're interested ;)

im not much of a recipe follower, lol! i kind of make up my own recipes with what i know goes well with what lol!

My recipe for almond and choc chip chocolate brownies:

7oz of dairy free spread (i use vitalite as i think it has the best taste)
7oz of dark chocolate (i use 2 packs of lindt 80%)
-melt these together and leave to cool
3 eggs
10oz of caster sugar
-whisk these together until thick and creamy
-fold the chocolate butter mixture in slowly
3 1/2oz plain flour, sifted
2 oz cocoa powder, sifted
4oz almonds, toasted and crushed (i keep mine pretty chunky for extra texture, just a quick bash with rolling pin)
3oz dairy free chocolate buttons crushed
-add buttons and nuts to flour and cocoa and mix around, then gently fold into the wet mixture
-pour into a tin lined with baking parchment and bake at 160 degrees c for 25 mins
-lick bowl, utensils, fingers, anything else covered in mixture.
-leave to cool in tin and then cut into nice sized pieces.
:)

iv just polished off 2 of these! all thats missing is a nice big spoonful of oatly cream...which is being delivered in tomorrows shopping! :D yum!

Enjoy x

Hi Ladies! Just thought I would share a small but growing facebook group of moms with babies and children with various food intolerances and allergies. Most of us are BF moms with cow and or soy intolerances. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/174086036032032/

Hi Ladies! Just thought I would share a small but growing facebook group of moms with babies and children with various food intolerances and allergies. Most of us are BF moms with cow and or soy intolerances. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/174086036032032/

asked to join x
I joined a different one a while back but think im going to leave because everytime i try and help anyone they take it as a criticism and they end up trying to start an argument :/

Vitalite have a new coupon, 30p off again but its a bit different as its a personalised coupon (prints name on it and unique user barcode as well as the one the shop assistant scans)

https://www.vitalitedairyfree.co.uk/

click on the little airship to go to the page to get the coupon. In my experience the amount of coupons this will let you print varies, anything from 1-5, but as long as one of the barcodes has a different number on with every print you're allowed to print more copies if it lets you (click try again while printing). These are not limited to one per customer so its fine, but if any come out with identical barcodes you have the scrap the extra ones. Also if you try printing again after a couple of weeks it will often let you print more. Vitalite is £1 in Asda so 70p with coupon xx

Alpro have launched an almond milk. I got it in Sainsburys today, was about £1.70 and it's lovely! It's definitely my favourite 'milk' so far!

Had a google and it looks like it is brand new.

Alpro have launched an almond milk. I got it in Sainsburys today, was about £1.70 and it's lovely! It's definitely my favourite 'milk' so far!

Had a google and it looks like it is brand new.

new product? will definitely be a coupon out for that soon then :haha:

Hey can I join? I might have to cut out dairy as my dd has reflux and alot of ladies on here have suggested cutting out dairy? dairy intolerance runs in the family and they CAN tolerate soya, would you suggest I try just the dairy free diet to begin with and then if no change cut out soya too? I'm a massive lover of dairy..I drink glasses of milk, have cereals with loads of milk, cups of tea with milk, muller rice & yoghurts, cheese, love my chocolate etc etc so it will be a real struggle for me but if it helps my little girl it's worth a try. I just don't know where to start and have no idea what products do and don't contain dairy? How do you go on when going out for meals? Have you found you have lost weight?

Almond milk! That's brilliant, and cheaper than normal, too...almond milk can be eye wateringly expensive.

Welcome mrscupcake! I'd start with dairy and see how you get on before eliminating soya...but near in mind it can take a couple of weeks for you to notice a difference (how long it takes to clear from your system etc)

I'd recommend label spotting, as dairy can be hidden everywhere! This link should help:

https://www.kellymom.com/store/freehandouts/hidden-dairy01.pdf

You do make slip ups in the first couple of weeks, but it's amazing how quickly you get used to it!

I have oat milk and cream (delicious) and Oatley even do a chocolate milk, which-when warmed-is incredible (and lovely cold, too) The 'free from' aisle in supermarkets has tonnes of biscuits and cakes, Divine and Green and Blacks do good dark DF free. Moo Free do good DF milk chocolate.

Pure is a great DF spread for toast, and if you're ok with soya...alpro do good desserts.

Look out for Worthenshaws Freedom, seriously nice 'ice cream' in choc, strawb and vanilla.

Also, we've lots and lots of yummy recipes...there is a brownie one a page or so back, ditto a blueberry muffin. Most cakes are ok, you can just replace butter with pure!

I don't know whether I've lost weight more speedily than I otherwise would have, as I've found so many nice alternatives, but I've lost it more quickly than I did with my first. Still a few pounds to go, but I had plenty more first time round!

I'd make sure you're getting enough calcium, either through diet or a supplement...you'll also need to make sure you have enough vit d so calcium is absorbed

I noticed a difference SO quickly with Ally, she was literally like a different child...and it makes you feel so much better, knowing you can help them. I cut out everything, including hidden dairy. We never had an issue with soya, but I did avoid egg for a very short while (few weeks) I now eat all eggs, no problem. We are currently reintroducing dairy slowly...I am a ball of worry, but getting more confident!

Good luck, and let us know how you go or if youve any questions!

Thank you so much tennisgal! That is really useful!! I think I'm going to wait a week and see if these meds improve her symptoms, and then cut out dairy if she is still suffering that way I'll know what it wad that helped. A week will give me time to research the none dairy diet and get the shopping in. Will be interesting to see of it works, and would be wonderful if it prevents the reflux symptoms x

Well, we had a couple of sneezes and quite a bit of posset today...even a bit out of the nose...buuuut, I've got my rational head on, and I've realised that a/ I kept tickling her nose with my hair, as it makes her giggle and b/anyone who feeds 4 times 5 hours is going to posset. Eyes bigger than belly, littlest lady!

Been a bit farty and one noisy poo, so will monitor that. Poo looked perfectly fine...and she's been in fab mood.

The trial monitoring continues, but no dairy today or for a couple more days...

We've decided to definitely start a dairy free diet next week (despite if the meds work or not) once we've researched it and got the food in- my dh said he'll do it too. Dairy intolerance runs in his family so he thinks it could help him too. Will update you on whether it helps LO's reflux once were dairy free.

:hugs: keep us updated!

I honestly swear some changes are permanent for me...I feel so much better for some of the switches!

What meds is your LO on?

Omeprazole which we started a week ago, and domepridone as of today. No
Impovents yet. Plan is, if the dairy free diet works I'll reduce the Meds gradually and see whether the df diet alone will work.

We have omeprazole...I want to wean off it by six months, but my consultant aka Sledgehammer...disagrees. He seems to think everyone should be on it for ages, without any kind of discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->