Dairy free moms

Funny you should say about the walkers chilli crisps booda! They were the biggest thing I missed over Christmas :cry: I LOVE them!!
As an aside, my poor vegetarian sister got a nasty shock when I told her the walkers cheese &onion sensations she'd just eaten weren't veggy! That they're made with calf rennet (intestine lining from a calf) She nearly vommed! So that was two of us lamenting our walkers crisps :haha: x

Hi Kashmir! I'd fully agree with everything Booda says...eliminate the lot and then trial various things :hugs: Don't worry about tripping up, at the start it's hard to get used to...and dairy seems to get into an awwwwful lot of things. Walkers being a particular villain on this thread (although their rib and Worcester sauce are ok, just taste a bit vile!)

My little girl has always been fine with soya, but as booda says, the two can often go hand in hand. egg has the same structure as milk, so if you see no Improvement, that's always worth a try.

This thread is so supportive - so do stick around!

Ladies, fingers crossed for a breakthrough...everything crossed. A has been doing so well, I had a real souffle for dessert in a restaurant yesterday, and a couple of petits fours. Ok, I swapped the ice cream for chocolate (df) sorbet...but so far, so good!!! We have been up lots and lots, but not to a writhing baby in pain...more to someone practicing sit ups and wanting to chat (and this started before meal) WW or growth spurt, methinks! Ok, so things could still change...but am being very cautiously optimistic.

Hope all are well :hugs:

Hey tennisgal! Glad to hear about your souffle! I had pizza!!!! And she didn't double up! :happydance: There wasn't much cheese on it, but still. Dd will be 6months this week, I really hope we're turning a dairy- corner :) x

^^ me too, and that's fab news on the pizza!

DH has these amazing chocolatey goo-fest desserts for valentines...I ruled them out, but we were chatting, and both think I should try a few mouthfuls...as I am constantly freaking out about anything 'very' dairy (these are mousse like or creamyish). Just to give it a go and see if we've really turned the corner properly.

Am nervous, though! What do you ladies think? We've had chocolate, Parmesan, souffle, butter...and all been fine so far...

I think good luck and i reeeally hope all is well! Sounds promising so far!! Maybe i wont have to be dairyfree for the next year :D

paprika pringles are vegan

^^ me too, and that's fab news on the pizza!

DH has these amazing chocolatey goo-fest desserts for valentines...I ruled them out, but we were chatting, and both think I should try a few mouthfuls...as I am constantly freaking out about anything 'very' dairy (these are mousse like or creamyish). Just to give it a go and see if we've really turned the corner properly.

Am nervous, though! What do you ladies think? We've had chocolate, Parmesan, souffle, butter...and all been fine so far...

I think go for it! I'm trying to avoid dairy all day then just try one thing so it's not accumulative iykwim. My dh wanted to get our fave Italian takeaway for valentines but they put cream &parmesan in *everything* so I'm a bit reluctant as I feel like it will be a dairy overload. Hmmm. Will decide nearer the time...
Good luck with your gooey pud! And booda: good to know about the pringles :thumbup: x

Right, ingredients are whipping cream, double cream, chocolates of various kind, milk, egg...I think it's a step too far, too soon. I fear both our tums will be suffering. I think I will have a small half spoon of hubs, and then one of my infamous chocolate bar stash.

That ingredient list is some dairy hit, isn't it? Made both me and hubby feel a bit skeptical!

Ooh yeah that's a bit of an overload! Yeah a little taste of hubby's is no harm. And a dip into your stash to follow it ;) Enjoy x

Tbh, I am not sure I will go back to eating desserts like that very often! I don't think I can handle it, even when A has weaned (cream gives me 'interesting' tum)

My stash nearly got raided by hubby tonight, he caught my eye, and just burst out laughing. I must have looked horrified :rofl:

I have made some DF brownies and rice krispie squares this weekend...it's actually fab how many recipes out there can just be tweaked to make them DF. Thank goodness for Pure and Vitalite!

Ladies. I...again....need your help :nope:

Ally was up between 10:00 and 12:30 last night. She just wouldn't go into her cot. I am worried it could be dairy, as I've had a little bit everyday since Thursday. Although three out of four days have only been a small amount.

Everytime we settled little one, she woke up as soon as she was popped in her cot...and then started 'chatting', then crying if left for more than twenty seconds...

She's never done this before with dairy? And she does have a cold (she's not pleased) and is smack bang wonder weeking. She's been unsettled since Thursday...but that's when I fist had a small bit of dairy...but also when she started getting snotty!

She has no gi symptoms, no writhing in pain, she's happy the rest of the time, she settles at bedtime completely fine.

It's just after her night feed(s)

She's been totally fine with dairy so far, and DH doesn't think it's that, as he said she's behaving completely differently as to when she was having issues with it. Suffice to say, gooey dessert is now not happening ;), but he's convinced it's cold and WW...and the rational part of me agrees, but the worrying part of me thinks she could suddenly be reacting to dairy after being fine for a month?

Thoughts...all appreciated!

No doesn't sound like the dairy to me hun, I'd go with your dh on this one. My dd had me up at 04.15am and wouldn't settle back down :( feeding her now and I'm so so tired.... x

Thanks, Ruth. I start to question everything!

Am exhausted, too...we've all got sniffles, like everyone it would seem, and just need a few hours sleeeep!

Hope you get some rest :hugs:

Thanks, Ruth. I start to question everything!

Am exhausted, too...we've all got sniffles, like everyone it would seem, and just need a few hours sleeeep!

Hope you get some rest :hugs:

You too! Hope tonight's a good one for both of us :thumbup: fingers crossed! x

Ruth, I've responded to you in my wonder week woe thread!

Just a general update...Ally decided to settle slightly better last night. Phew. I, however, spent a large part of time I should have been sleeping wondering whether it was because I didn't eat dairy yesterday or Monday...and the wakes coincided with when I did. When my brain was ready to explode, I woke DH to share my theory. Thank goodness for rational people :haha: He was keen to know why we've had NO reaction up until this point, and to STOP over thinking!

It's hard, isn't it, because I know she's teething with her new pegs...I know she's bang in the middle of wonder weeks...but I *always* assume it's my diet. I've got to stop! Poor Ally also deserves recognition for teething etc!

Hope all are well.

Oh TG ur so funny! :haha: Give ally her teething recognition will you for heaven's sake! :rofl:
As an aside I have hit the far-too-tired-euphoria and am squeal-giggling at My LO to get her to do it back to me :wacko: x

We had that earlier...I had a daughter in each arm, and we were dancing to Abba. No, I'm not joking.

I then phoned my mum frothing at the mouth about a new dairy free flapjack thing I discovered.

I'm now crashing, and lying on the sofa like a slug...

i then phoned my mum frothing at the mouth about a new dairy free flapjack thing i discovered.

I'm now crashing, and lying on the sofa like a slug...

where??????? where??????????

They are called moosh bars, by honeybun...chocolatey, short breast, minty amazingness!! My mum found them for me, am not sure where...could be waitrose, will double check!! Also highly recommend 9 bars, the nutty ones. They are sooooo good. And devonvale crumble! You can get the latter two from Julian Graves...and lots of supermarkets have 9 bars. YUM!

Not a good night, Ally has a horrid cold...10000 feeds and sleep a luxury. She's now dozing, eldest still asleep....

That should say short bready goodness :rofl: Auto correct knows how much feeding has been going on here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->