Dairy free moms

So we are 8 days into dairy free and last night was the worst ever for LO in terms of colic/wind..................getting me down as i am so miserable and miss dairy so much. Going to give it a few more days and see

So we are 8 days into dairy free and last night was the worst ever for LO in terms of colic/wind..................getting me down as i am so miserable and miss dairy so much. Going to give it a few more days and see

Sometimes they say it gets worse before it gets better.:hugs: Have you given up soy as well?

It definitely can get worse before it gets better; leave it at least 2-3 weeks before deciding. Also cutting out soya is a good idea too, if you haven't already done so xx

Day 6 of no dairy, no soy, no caffeine....
Not sure about any change in LO, but i've lost about 4lbs now >:[
Keep having cheese cravings. And chinese takeaway cravings. cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese......

Keep having cheese cravings. And chinese takeaway cravings. cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese......

I've lost 3lbs too (just half a lb until I hit pre-preg weight :happydance:) and my goodness I miss cheese!

My hubby just went to the shop to buy some bits for a picnic...........was the most depressing picnic ever, while my hubby and eldest daughter tucked into lots of yummy stuff (inlcuding stilton :cry:) I pretty much had bread and ham! Who knew that falafel and pate would have milk in them :dohh:

Still no change here, another bad night last night. I am avoiding soya too.

Has anyone figured out a take-away dish that that can actually eat? I really want a night off from cooking!

I've lost 3lbs too (just half a lb until I hit pre-preg weight :happydance:) and my goodness I miss cheese!

My hubby just went to the shop to buy some bits for a picnic...........was the most depressing picnic ever, while my hubby and eldest daughter tucked into lots of yummy stuff (inlcuding stilton :cry:) I pretty much had bread and ham! Who knew that falafel and pate would have milk in them :dohh:

Still no change here, another bad night last night. I am avoiding soya too.

Has anyone figured out a take-away dish that that can actually eat? I really want a night off from cooking!

Bread!? Ooh i hadnt really looked at bread ingredients for some reason i just assumed it wouldn't be allowed lol!!
Sooooo fed up living on rice, pasta and vegetables :/ although if i got off my lazy arse im sure i could make more interesting stuff but it just seems to pointless for 1 person and my OH likes his meaty cheesy meals!

Yes, takeaway food with no soy or dairy gimmee gimmee gimmee!

waitrose sliced bread appears to be dairy and soya free:thumbup:

I am furious. Bought salt and pepper cashews. Didn't check ingredients, surely self explanatory?! Not so. Ate about 15 before realising they contain milk and cream. Why?!?!! Do you think this is going to be a disaster for Ally? DH thinks amounts will be minimal, and didn't eat many...but am worried :(

Ps think waitrose or Sains have milk free pate :hugs:

Ive been making falafels, I blooming love them!!

probably minimal amounts in the nuts (surely?), only time will tell, i hope Ally doesn't react badly :hugs:

It is ridiculous the stuff they put milk in!

It really is, and it makes me fume! Those nuts don't need it! Salt and vinegar crisps dont need it! Certain meats don't need it!!

I am furious. Bought salt and pepper cashews. Didn't check ingredients, surely self explanatory?! Not so. Ate about 15 before realising they contain milk and cream. Why?!?!! Do you think this is going to be a disaster for Ally? DH thinks amounts will be minimal, and didn't eat many...but am worried :(

I didn't feel like cooking dinner last week and at a cup or so of salt & pepper pistachios. LO had some liquidy BMs and significant gas the next day. Infigured it was the nuts, didn't even check the ingredients! I don't usually avoid all things with dairy, just if it is in the first 10 ingredients or so, or is obviously dairy. Either way those nuts didn't settle well with him! Probably b/c I ate half the bag!

i feel like such an idiot, I never even thought that bread would be off limits, isn't it just flour yeast and water? Sophia's poos are mostly yellow now and the rash has got a bit better, considering I've been eating toast every morning for breakfast I'm thinking it can't be an intolerance now.

i feel like such an idiot, I never even thought that bread would be off limits, isn't it just flour yeast and water? Sophia's poos are mostly yellow now and the rash has got a bit better, considering I've been eating toast every morning for breakfast I'm thinking it can't be an intolerance now.

I think soya is the issue with some breads but I might be wrong

Some breads do have milk or milk derived ingredients in; if so it will usually say 'may contain milk' or 'contains milk' on the packaging but it is soya that is more of the issue for some babies and 99% of supermarket bread in the UK (and even some bakery bread) contains soya flour xx

I'm going to officially join you ladies now. I cut out dairy for two weeks to see if that is what was making my DD so miserable. A few days after she seemed like a new baby and the smiles start rolling in! Two weeks later I decided to try just a little to make sure that milk was in fact making her sick. Let's say it was the worst decision I could have made. My poor baby was so sick and couldn't help but scream all night long and wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her.

I broke down for a day and didn't think that I could keep up with this restrictive diet. I decided to FF, but that only lasted about a day. I would rather go through the agony of cutting out foods and give her what I think is best. It sure is hard, but at the end of the day I feel quite accomplished.

I'm going to officially join you ladies now. I cut out dairy for two weeks to see if that is what was making my DD so miserable. A few days after she seemed like a new baby and the smiles start rolling in! Two weeks later I decided to try just a little to make sure that milk was in fact making her sick. Let's say it was the worst decision I could have made. My poor baby was so sick and couldn't help but scream all night long and wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her.

I broke down for a day and didn't think that I could keep up with this restrictive diet. I decided to FF, but that only lasted about a day. I would rather go through the agony of cutting out foods and give her what I think is best. It sure is hard, but at the end of the day I feel quite accomplished.
I stuggled with that thought too. Especially since every single pediatrician visit they suggest formula. I also thought about all the struggle of trying to get a formula that would not make him feel miserable and cause stomach pains. This makes us both happy despite a few dietary restrictions. So glad you you decided to stick with it!

a poo question!

Before you went dairy/soya free were your LO's pooping a lot or not often? And how has it changed since being dairy free?

a poo question!

Before you went dairy/soya free were your LO's pooping a lot or not often? And how has it changed since being dairy free?

Alot! Probably 3-6 tines a day. And every time it was wet watery green and mucousy. I was changing his clothes atleast twice a day just for leaking diapers. It was also a big ordeal for a BM. like he was straining and it was painful and he would cry and wake every couple hours to pass gas. and loud man size farts!

Now his BMs are usually yellow mustard colored as they should be. Sometimes he still gets The green stools and every so often there is mucous. I am not as diligent with my diet as others are so I am sure if I was these would stop as well. But LO seems comfortable the way things are, even with the occasional green poo.

It seems that all babies have different symptoms. Have you looked at the other symptoms to see if those apply to your LO?

a poo question!

Alot! Probably 3-6 tines a day. And every time it was wet watery green and mucousy. I was changing his clothes atleast twice a day just for leaking diapers. It was also a big ordeal for a BM. like he was straining and it was painful and he would cry and wake every couple hours to pass gas. and loud man size farts!

same as OP ^
and smells like vinegar/foosty apples :S
no change yet but only on day 6!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back