Dealing with azoospermia?

Sorry - have edited the previous post. The SSR wont be the op your hubby is having Angela

Do you have any idea when they will be doing his op?

xx

Hi Debs, thanks for the info, I will make a trip to Boots and dose him up with stuff!

Re the SSR, that sounds like the name, so it may be the same, they cut his bits open and take out tissue which would hopefully contain the swimmers? So it may be the same?

You now are playing a waiting game, not having anything booked until October, but I understand the reasons fully and its a good idea.

I hope that in the meantime you can try to relax and enjoy yourself before the hard part comes. Best wishes and keep in touch
Angela
X

Thanks Angela. Being in limbo is horrible.

That does sound like the SSR op. I was getting confused with you talking about an op to remove a blockage :dohh:

Hope you're having a good day xx

hello ladies

my good news was short lived started bleeding this morning and hasnt stopped so thats the end for now. i hope to have a fresh ICSI cycle in a few months

good luck to you all and i will be back xxxxxx

Very sorry to hear this news, take care of yourself xxx

Hi girls,
Just to say the scan went well, everything going to plan apparantly, endometrium nice and thin and ovaries looking okay, had bloods done and the nurse has just rung to say i am to start stimms injections on thursday night and due to go back on monday morning for another scan!

Angela, welcome to the thread! Good luck with your journey, hope you get some good news soon. My hubby is also taking wellman conception, our SSR will be in the next couple of weeks, getting very close. When will your DH get his scan?

xxx

Glad to hear the scan went well hun and that you can get onto the next stage.

I guess hubby's SSR depends on the exact day of your EC?

xx

Glad to hear the scan went well hun and that you can get onto the next stage.

I guess hubby's SSR depends on the exact day of your EC?

xx

yep that's right, they said w/c 9th aug but obviously it will all depend on how the stims goes. getting excited now x

hello ladies

my good news was short lived started bleeding this morning and hasnt stopped so thats the end for now. i hope to have a fresh ICSI cycle in a few months

I am so sorry to hear your bad news; hope you are ok:hugs::hugs::hugs:

All the best loobylou for the IVF.

Wrightywales - sorry to hear your news.

We're thinking about looking more into sperm donation in 18months - 2 years. It'll give us time to research it fully and our options.

Hi Loobylou - the scan is booked for 18 Aug now, so not too long now! Just got wait it out then we will know what we are facing - i am sure you have all been there !

Waiting as always!

hello ladies

Just wanted to see how you're doing hun? We're all thinking of you xx

Thanks for inviting me over to this thread Deb, I really don't know how this site works, but I love reading others stories and know that I am not alone with the stress of dealing with donor.

I am 27, my husband is 30. He has had two SA that each showed no sperm. He saw urologist who told us we could try SSR but all the testing and process could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Know we didn't have that income in our life situation right now, we have tried IUI twice using anonymous donor sperm that was frozen. Each time was unsuccessful, but Dr. said we should try two more times.

They have put me on clomid pill (50), which has greatly increased my progesterone level(which was only a 9) up to 118. Hoping to try IUI again this next cycle if our vacations don't get in the way.

I look forward to chatting with you all and sharing stories and advice!

Welcome to the group :flower:

Can I ask if they gave you any possible reason for hubby's azoospermia? undescended testes as a child? groin injury? etc

How is he dealing with all this?

I hope you find the support you need here and that the clomid works for you next IUI cycle.

Have they suggested IVF of ICSI or is this too costly over there for you?

Deb xx

Oops... they checked his fructose level and found that there is no block as we were hoping for. They have given us no reason for his no sperm results. They never really labeled it azoospermia, but since there is no sperm I suppose that is what he has. We can't remember any injury or anything that could have caused it. He has everything he is suppose to have and nothing is abnormal down there.

He often tells me that he feels like less of a man and that the one thing wants to give me, he can't. I cry every time he tells me this. I have to constantly remind him that I am so in love with him and still grateful everyday that I married him.

We can't afford IVF... I don't know how people pay for that. Hopefully one day when we have more money saved we can have more tests done on him and possibly find some sign of sperm and try IVF with his sperm.

For now we are trying sperm donor and I am so grateful that he ok with that.

I asked our clinic about testing for fructose but they said it's not something they test for!!?!?! :shrug:

Also found this info - not sure if you are aware of it -

"Lastly, your husband should ejaculate and then have the urine following ejaculation tested for the presence of sperm. If there is sperm in his urine, this could indicate that the entry to the bladder isn't closing properly, and is therefore allowing the semen to flow into the bladder."

Again - it's not somehing our clinic investigate. They say the only way to really know is to do the SSR - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that hubby wont be going through it all for nothing.

Someone recommended a book to me - which I haven't got round to getting yet, but may be some interest to you

"Helping The Stork, the choices and challenges of donor insemination by Carol Frost Vercollone M.S.W, Heidi Moss M.S.W and Robert Moss P.H.D."

Deb, thank you so much for referring that book. I have looked it up and ordered it. I was in tears as I read the little pieces of the book available online (introduction and first chapter) and can't wait to read it.

Thank you and I will keep you posted on it as I read it and when I finish it! O:)

Just checking in and bumping the htread incase there's anyone out there who hasn't found us.

Looby-lou - have added your EC and SSR date to the front page.

I know I speak for all of us when I say we wish you both all the luck in the world xx

Thanks Deb, have been meaning to update on here also.

So E/C and SSR scheduled for tomorrow at 9am, not sure how it will work, I think i'm going down to theatre at 9.30, not sure if ben will go down at the same time or not. It's all very exciting but nerve wracking, hoping for a miracle and that they will find some sperm but not counting on it. Either way tomorrow at this time we should be done and hopefully the eggies will be fertilising!

Will update tomorrow once we get home xxx

Just a wee update for the front page! Echovist all ok, tubes clear! Donor sperm picked, we're signing consent forms on the 23rd Aug, and we can start as soon as the sperm is here!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->