Dealing with azoospermia?

I'm sorry, Chickensoup :(
I hope this turns around for you!

Thanks guys.

Yesterday the spotting stopped so obviously I got my hopes up but then it started again this afternoon with stronger cramps. OTD tomorrow. I'll let you know the outcome, although I think we can all guess. haha.

Chickensoup - Sorry to hear this cycle didn't work. Sending you big hugs. XXXXX

MsRipple - We used donor sperm for our little boy, who is now 19 months old. I can honestly say that I am so truly happy that DH has azoospermia! That is the strangest thing to say, I know, but if he didn't then my gorgeous son would not be here. I can not imagine a world without him, he is perfect in every way and brings us both such happiness. We frequently say how much better our lives have become now he's in it.
When we first found out there was a chance we'd have to use DS, DH said it made him feel physically sick. He was really against the idea of using donor sperm and would not discuss it with me at all. We were put on a waiting list for a year before DH had his mTESE and when they found no sperm we had about a month to process it all. I pushed that we needed to find donor sperm and set a date for when we would have our first round of IUI. DH still felt weird about it but he agreed to do it so we could have a family. At first when I was pregnant he didn't seem that excited but as we had more scans and the baby started kicking he got more and more involved. When our son was born, my husband cried he was so full of (happy) emotion. As soon as he was born, all the worries I'd ever had about using donor sperm just floated away. I couldn't ask for a more hands on, caring father for our little boy and there is so much love between them. There is no father who loves their son more.
It must be so hard for our men to come to terms with using DS, it is such an alien concept to use genetic material from another man.
I know every experience is different but the change in DH's perspective on the use of DS has been colossal. He really has done a 180 degree turnaround from when we first discussed DS.
I hope that things work out for you. If you ever want to PM me, please do (but just be warned I don't get on here that much these days so I might take a few days to reply!).

Love to all!
XXXXXXXXXXXX

So sorry chickensoup xx

I made a call today to the ivf place to start the ball rolling for trying for number 2...im full of nerves and dread. I hate that place!

I'm so sorry Chicken Soup - sending you hugs.

Thank you ladies for all of your perspective. My husband is super practical/rational so he's on board with soldiering forward and working out what we need to as we go. We are both hesitant about the realities and cost of adoption which is our only other option for a child, although my one set of friends who did adopt had a seamless, wonderful experience.

So we've picked our donor (ok, I picked him and my husband gave the okay for him out of a group of 4 or so others) and we were going to do our first cycle of IUI this month - monitored and unmedicated except for a trigger- but the dr. cancelled it. He was concerned that my lead follicle was too small prior to surge. Said it was likely a fluke, which would mean this cycle was not a good one to spend the money on, or that it was just what my body did in which case we would move forward next cycle. So based on his advice we decided to cancel this one and move forward next cycle. Sometimes it feels like this will never happen....

Good luck Hopeful Cat! XXX

Aw Ms Ripple! It is so frustrating. I hope you get the green lights next cycle.
After my m/c I was going to try the first cycle I could and then I had a stupid cyst on my ovary - doh! It was looking like I wouldn't go for IUI this month until at Day 14 my lead follicle had suddenly grown (they weren't doing much of anything between Day 10 and 12) and looked really good so my FS was happy for me to go for it. My IUI was this Wednesday just gone so I'm now having to endure the 2ww! Aargh!

XXX

Good luck HopefulCat, I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

MsRipple, I everything works out for you to go ahead this cycle. The waiting is awful.

Good luck with the tww Rainbow, I hope it goes quickly for you. When's your OTD? Got my fingers crossed for you.

Hi ladies,

Just a quick update. The clinic finally called me. They said that the poor quality of the embryos is likely due to the poor quality of my husbands sperm (retrieved via mTESE in 2013). Next time, they want to defrost 2 vials of sperm in order to choose the best ones. I'm not hopeful. I think we will see exactly the same next time and then that'll be the end of the road for us. We only have 3 vials of sperm left and we can't really afford to go a third time when chances are so low.

We are going to go ahead with one more cycle and they said we can start on day 21 of my next cycle. I didn't realise it could go ahead so quickly!

I want to do everything I can to increase our chances. Any tips?? I am considering acupuncture.

We used sperm from 2013 in one of our cycles. It had just enough viable to fertilize 13 eggs. We ended with 6 embryos that cycle. I didn't get my baby from there but I did get pregnant twice but miscarried, not related to the sperm. So there is hope for the frozen. I'll keep all fx for you this next time is the take home.

Thanks MoBaby. I'll keep hoping!

I had decided I was going to donate my eggs once our 'journey' was over, however that may end, but read that you can't have low AMH or be a poor responder so I'm not eligible for that! I'm still going to discuss it with them though.

Sorry, an irrelevant paragraph; I'm just so frustrated by it all.

I'm too old now (34) to donate. Which I make a great number of eggs but no one wants "old" eggs. I can't remember but I think the cut off is either 30 or 32. And with all my circles people will think my eggs are bad when it's really a sperm issue. Oh well :)

Oh no! I wanted to donate my eggs too (after we have another baby) but I'm 31 now so I'll probably be too old by then! Feeling old now haha!

My OTD is 5th October, Chickensoup. Usually I don't last that long before testing but I'm going to give it my best shot!

XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"