debt relief order? :-(

Jadey121

Mummy of 2. Expecting No3
Reaction score
Im going to the CAB on Thursday to chat with someone but wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice beforehand as i cannot stop worrying!

I have a huge amount of debt hanging over my head. My circumstances have just changed so i am unable to pay back what i owe!

The debt is all in my name not in my ohs. For a debt relief order will they take my ohs income into considerstion? Not that he earns much as hes recently had to sign on jobseekers allowance! Hes not even getting this atm as its still going through the system.

Im on £109 per week from maternity allowance and this wikl be ending this month and i am unable to return to work because of childcare costs!

My debt is £14.5k!

Upto this point i have been able to pay back what i borrowed but now that my oh is not working our tax creds have been stopped i just cannot afford the payments!
My other half used to contribute to the debt too (£300) per month.

I am stuck as to what to do as i cannot even afford to live let alone paying back this amount at this moment!
My other half is on the pc and phone everyday applying for jobs as this would help bit no luck! :-(

Has anyone gone through the process of a debt relief order?

Will ohs jsa be taken into considerstion?

Will i even be able to go down this route?!

This is the last resort for me as i know this will have a huge impact on my credit file but i dont see how i am going to repay :-(

An IVA may be the way to go. Fairly sure if the debt is in your name they can only work with your income and come to a financial agreement with your creditors.

You are doing the correct thing by taking advice first. A change in your circumstances is really unfortunate but these things happen. Please try not to let yourself get too stressed the situation is not beyond solving and you should be able to sort things so that you can breathe again financially.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->