Dec babies and Christmas

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
I keep panicing about Christmas, i hopefully will get my bundle of joy on or around the 6th Dec, and thinking how on earth am i going to get Christmas shopping done.

Anyone got any plans?

I was thinking at least we can send pictures to grandparents, aunts of our new arrival etc. and gift vouchers to others, plus early chirstmas shopping. anyone else got any other ideas?

my cousin had her little one on xmas day! she got her shopping done online and OH did it :)
dont send gifts this year, just explain that you have a new arrival coming and you want to wait to send them

best gift (and cheap) for grandparents, is a print of the baby on a cushion cover then they can keep it on the couch :D xxx GL!!!!!

Do it all before the baby comes and do the food shopping online. OH does the xmas dinner anyway because I dont like fiddling about with dead turkeys :rofl: so I am not really worried.

I've been a bit worried about Xmas too tbh. My OH's parents were looking forward to spending their first Christmas with the baby (and us of course lol!) but because the baby is due 2nd December, we're reluctant to take the baby away from the house (we'd have to go by train to his parents because we dont have a car) as it wont have had it's injections or anything. So we had to break the news to them over the weekend and to say his parents were disappointed was an understatement! We just want to keep everyone happy!!!

You could always ask them to have xmas with you?

I wouldnt worry too much i think family understand that you might not be able to get everything that you want for them.
I did all my xmas shopping online. I couldnt face doing shopping heavily pregnant & getting bashed by people.

i can totally smypathise ... my parents live 10 hours away (by car) and I know they expect us to go down there, which in one way keeps things simple by them taking care of the food etc but how can we mange a 10 car journey with a newborn, its bound to take hours longer having to stop and feed.

i think i have to be very motivated, as soon as i get into my second trimester i am going to start my Christmas shopping and figure out about where to go for chirstmas later :S

I agree with the others - internet shopping is the way forward. I've got most of my presents on there for the last couple of years. If you order stuff from the right sites you can even get it delivered straight to the person in question gift wrapped!

Personally I'm just hoping mine comes on time/early so I'm at home for Xmas and not in hospital giving birth! (Due 22 Dec)

I keep panicing about Christmas, i hopefully will get my bundle of joy on or around the 6th Dec, and thinking how on earth am i going to get Christmas shopping done.

Anyone got any plans?

I was thinking at least we can send pictures to grandparents, aunts of our new arrival etc. and gift vouchers to others, plus early chirstmas shopping. anyone else got any other ideas?

Hi hun,

Have decided that i will have to much on my mind to deal with pressies for everyone so its gift vouchers and lush sets for the girls. Am sure the family will understand.

:hug:

Yeah like people have said online shopping is so much easier, and half the time you can get better presents that you cant find in shops.

Also people will understand that christmas shopping isnt the number 1 on your list at that time! Thats the point im enforcing to everyone anyway lol

Precisely what I'll be doing.. I'm certainly not venturing out in the busy shops with either my huge bump or a newborn! Online shopping all the way!

As for having the In Laws over for Xmas dinner.. I thought about that too, and it would be nice. His parents are elderly so getting here by train would tire them out and also putting them up for a couple of nights would be a squash!! Not that it would bother me as I'd love to have them over :) We need to talk more about it and see what's suggested me thinks!

Once I'm in the second trimester I'm going to start shopping for christmas and try to have in done my September ( but to be honest I say I'm going to have my christmas shopping done by September every year but I'm still panicing on christmas Eve. At least this year I have a bigger reason to get it done. I remember when my sister was 8 months pregnant with my nephew we were standing in a line in M and S to buy christmas presents on Christmas Eve- She was not a happy bunny.

We are going to my Mum's this year as we alternate it and went to the In Laws last year. My sister has annouced she coming over from Canada for Christmas which will be great fun. Our baby will get to meet some of it's cousins.

I use amazon, they will even gift wrap it for you and you can have it sent direct to the person.

Everybody is getting selection boxes from Tesco home delivery this year. I'm due 23rd December/ Christmas Eve. I'm sure they'll understand! :rofl:

Sam

XXX

I'm due around the same time as you - December 5th. I don't think you should feel pressured - after all, you would've just finished having a baby! I'm sure your family and friends would be understanding if they dont' receive the customary gifts from you at that time. Plus, with a new baby and possibly more expenses - I should think your folks would be more focused on gift-giving to you and your family, than gifts from you to them.

my edd is 18th dec - but I used to get my pressies in starting October! but this year I think online is the way to go or if I see stuff now i may just start ultra early!

Luckily for me my mum and dad only live 15 minutes away and we always go there for Christmas day so no food shopping either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->