December 2013 Rainbow Babies

Starry night- I just read that you are having awful nightmares too! I can relate! I'm so sorry for all that y have been through. Hopefully all of us here on this thread will have our rainbow babies and I look forward t sharing the journey with you all xxx

Thankfully, I have had bit of a break from the nightmares. I am really trying to distract myself from the fact that I'm pregnant though. I am looking ahead a bit (we need to paint our extra bedroom so the baby can have the nursery and our DS get the 'big boy' room) but trying to take each day as it comes. I find I'm enjoying the pregnancy a bit this way. I look forward to non-baby related things rather than milestones.

Is anyone going in for HCG testing? I went at 12 DPO and 14 DPO and my Dr would like to follow up with more bloodwork at 24 DPO. I definitely feel a little better after having the early bloodwork, and am hoping for the best for the next round!!

Hey emg- I'm having hcg testing... Mine is once a week until the 8 week u/s. I definitely feel better having the testing, although last time I had a mmc- so the levels were still rising even when the baby had passed :( I can't stop poas in between the blood tests too- I'm just a bit neurotic and promise i am very normal in all the other parts of my life :)

strongly believe this will stick, due 6th dec.

I'm not going for hcg testing. Can't even get in to see my doctor until May 7th. So I'm figuring on taking the "no news is good news" approach. I've only ever had hcg drawn due to bleeding.

How did you ladies get the HCG testing? Have you had more than 1 loss?

Hi! My name is Dallas! I'm 24 and just got my BFP today! I have an 18 month old DD named Kailani who was born at 24 weeks. Before Kailani I had a loss at 15 weeks in 2010 and a late term loss at 20 weeks in July, 2012. I'm terrified but hoping this is my rainbow!

Welcome, dallas! I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Must have been so rough especially with them coming so late. Congrats on your bfp and may you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Does anyone else set up little milestones for themselves? I find thinking ahead to December so overwhelming. I keep feeling like there is no way my little baby can make it that long. So I try to take it day by day but little milestones are helpful too.

My first milestone is 7 weeks. My bleeding in pregnancy seems to start between 5 to 6 weeks so if I can make it to week 7 I will feel like we're off to a good start. Then 9 weeks is my next one as that's when I lost my second angel. Then it's 12 weeks as that's when I lost the other two and I should be able to hear this one's heart beat. FX'ed

Welcome Dallas, congratulations on your :bfp:!!!!! I am so very sorry to hear about your losses, but I must admit that your little girl born at 24 weeks is absolutely amazing....what a BLESSING....Praise God!!! In December I lost my daughter to preterm labor at 21 weeks so hearing about your daughter just made my heart smile. Hopefully all of are losses are behind us and we will have a happy/healthy 9 months and quickly come home with healthy babies.:thumbup:

Starry, I was just thinking the same thing, that December seems like an eternity away. I now look at my 7 year old's baby pictures and stare in awe that I carried to 38 weeks and naturally delivered her perfectly healthy. With this last pregnancy, which was my second child, I felt that she was soooo low. Low to the point where when I peed , I felt that my bladder never actually fully empied. I can't exactly remember when I started feeling that way, but I believe that it was pretty early on. It must have been around month 2 or 3 because I delivered in the beginning of my fifth month. So I am on the lookout for that. I go to the doctor on the 15th, but in the past they've just talked to me and gave free prenatal samples and literature on the first visit. However, given my recent history, hopefully they will just get down to business.:winkwink:

I am excited to make it to 8the weeks...then 12. We will announce at 12 if we maintain the pregnancy. Just want to hear a heartbeat and see a healthy baby!

im goung for hcg testing on tues and again on thurs! praying for high hcg levels and doubling! my linea are faint! got a tony bit darker over the last 2 days. got cramps like im going to start af, theyre on and off. all other symptoms come and go. hope this is my sticky one!!

I'm with you Megan- 8 weeks and hearing a heartbeat will be a big milestone for me and then 12 weeks.
Is anyone else finding it hard to keep a secret? I have two weddings this month and I think it's quite noticeable when I don't drink and am always exhausted :)

We're not keeping it a secret. We're telling earlier than ever. :wacko: But since we believe in prayer DH thinks it's really important we get prayer as soon as possible as that's when our problems start.

Speaking of which...I had some spotting today. :growlmad: It wasn't bad and I think it was my fault. I was really pushing myself today and I knew I was pushing myself. I think I let the guilt of "taking it easy" when I know so many pregnant wonder women and get scared they look down on me. It was barely there when I wiped. It was a little bit tan so I took a rolled up toilet-paper and dabbed up my vagina and it came back pink. DH made me lie down for a bit and promise to do no more physical labour. It's been a few hours now and the pink is completely gone. So I am thinking/hoping it really was just because I pushed myself.

I am having spotting on and off too :( feels so bad .. My hcg levels were good ..

Hi girls got my first positive at 10dpo on Saturday I think ill be due around 18th December praying for a sticky pickle! I am so so cautious and scared! I had a chemical
Pregnancy last month at 3weeks and 6days what do you think of my tests I'm very sceptical and praying for a healthy pregnancy! I have a 3year old never had any problems during that pregnancy and no miscarriages before hand.https://i45.tinypic.com/sqs93n.jpg

We've actually told a few more people, earlier, this time around. I think its because our close friends and family know about the mc in December so they are kind of expecting us to get pregnant again. This way they can all support us if anything bad happens again. We've even told my husbands kids this time (15 and 12), because we thought that if it all ends badly again we should let them at least enjoy this exciting time. They are excited and my step daughter is reading about its development etc and she said she really believes it will be healthy this time :) Also they know to be careful around me and to help me out around the house etc (although that hasnt happened yet...!).

On another note, my husband and I had sex last night and I had a searing pain on my right hand side and had to stop. Has anyone else had this? Is it anything I should be worried about? :nope:

Hi girls got my first positive at 10dpo on Saturday I think ill be due around 18th December praying for a sticky pickle! I am so so cautious and scared! I had a chemical
Pregnancy last month at 3weeks and 6days what do you think of my tests I'm very sceptical and praying for a healthy pregnancy! I have a 3year old never had any problems during that pregnancy and no miscarriages before hand.https://i45.tinypic.com/sqs93n.jpg

This time around my test have also been very light. I'm use to test lines that are much darker than the control line but that just has not been the case this time. I just looked back on a previous post of mine in the tww forum to make sure, but I tested at 11dpo with a First Response and got a BFN. Two days after AF was to arrive, 16dpo I finally got a BFP with the same test. I have tested since and they don't appear to be getting too much darker. I've decided to not worry about it at this point. I'm not bleeding and I feel great. I go to the doctor on Monday, the 15th, until then all I can do is pray and enjoy the fact that today I am still pregnant! :hugs: Congratulations to you!:flower:

Today I am officially 14 dpo. This was this mornings test. I had some reddish pink spotting on Saturday and am VERY nervous. I have told myself for today "I am pregnant" and thank God for that.

Attachments

• April 8th.jpg
    April 8th.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel