December 2013 Rainbow Babies

Glad to hear that there was no spotting, Starry!

I have nothing to report, just waiting to feel more pregnant. So far I'm just exhausted all the time! We just decided on baby names and we were looking in the basement today and found all of the old infant stuff next to our DD's stuff. Can't wait to use it this time! Really hope first tri just speeds by.

Thats good you had no spotting Starry. Good luck getting a scan!
Tomorrow I'll be 5 + 6 and I'm so nervous as last time I had my first tiny bit of spotting at that time. Then nothing til 6+6. These next 2 weeks are going to be nerve wracking for me. Roll on 8 weeks! come on!
I am quite sick this time though so hoping thats a good sign!
I am loving being pregnant again though, I forgot how good it feels to have that little miracle inside. I love it when I've been busy and not thought about it for a little while and then I remember! Its like just finding out all over again :)

Elleff - I keep feeling that too. I love going about my day and then suddenly remembering "oh yeah, I'm pregnant! There's a baby in there again!" It's so exciting. I've just been beaming ever since I found out.

I'm five weeks today! I wish it would go a little faster, especially until my appointment next week. I can't wait to get through first tri so I can relax more!

I love that feeling too. :) I'm not feeling especially pregnant though. Sometimes I get a bit gaggy or my boobs will ache, etc but it just doesn't feel obvious that there is a baby inside of me. My main symptoms seem to be extreme exhaustion and gas. I'm also hungry a lot so am eating smaller, more frequent meals.

When I do get some twinges or I lay on my belly and feel 'lumpy' that always makes me feel reassured that there is something growing in there.

Same with me, Starry. I already gained 4 lbs because I'm starving all the time, and my boobs hurt when nursing, but that's it. I'm tired all the time, but I don't know if that's pregnancy or just all the stuff I've been doing lately. My toddler has been running me ragged this last week!

I've been hoping to get some morning sickness, but at the same time, I had terrible morning sickness last time when I miscarried so I guess it didn't mean "healthy baby" just that my body acts like it has an allergic reaction to any pregnancy.

Yeah, the worst m/s I had was with my last pregnancy that I lost. But I've never gotten m/s before 6 weeks so it could be coming yet. I'm trying to make healthier options while I can still stomach them. I already have aversions to bananas and broccoli.

I need to wash my blender so I can make more smoothies. Those are good. I just wish our local grocery store sold low-fat plain yogurt. They only sell the low-fat flavoured ones but then I'm a bit limited on what fresh fruits I can add.

I love making my own smoothies, I definitely need to do that while I can still get them down. I usually use spinach, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, orange juice, etc in it. My toddler loves them!

How odd that morning sickness would be worse with both of us in the miscarriages. I thought it was a sign of healthy pregnancy, but I guess not. With my daughter, I got bad morning sickness at exactly 4 weeks - it's how I found out I was pregnant, by going to the grocery store and having to leave immediately after seeing raw meat. LOL.

With DS I only had m/s for two weeks though it took a little longer for my appetite to come back.

I pushed myself too hard again today. No real spotting though my discharge got a bit tan in colour for a bit. I mostly get really sore.

Hi girls! I too am wishing I felt a little more pregnant :) I have nausea off and on but no where near as bad as last time with the m/c. I'm sure it will get worse as the weeks go on though!! The biggest symptom for me at the moment is fatigue!! I wake up after sleeping 10 hours and feel exhausted!!
I'm also starving and can't seem to eat enough! But I figure that's good cos when the morning sickness kicks in, it gets harder to eat as much and as well!
I'm counting down to my first scan... Only 1 week and 4 days to go :) I agree- roll on 12 weeks so we can relax a little! I find it hard to imagine myself making it that far at the moment... But got to stay positive! Xxx

I'm honestly not letting myself look that far ahead. I'm going for a visit to my parents when I should be 13 to 14 weeks. So I look to that instead. Whenever I do look ahead I find it really hard to be positive. But when I take it one day and one week at a time I feel much better. I'm surprised at how calm I'm being this time around.

I am really counting on my doctor letting me have an u/s. I don't know what I'd do if he says 'no'. My spotting is so minimal and only comes when I exert myself so it's not worth going the ER and being treated like a psycho or, worse, a liar.

No symptoms here, just STARVING and Exhausted..........waiting for more definite signs. Still peeing on a stick like a Crazy woman :haha:

So glad I'm not the only one suffering with ms! The nausea and waiting to be sick I'm really struggling with. I've even had to speed the process along and make myself sick a couple of times as I cannot cope with lying there waiting! Last night I felt sick and thought maybe I was just hungry, so I had some food, then was sick and generally I've felt better after being sick but last night I was sick twice in an hour!!
Although I feel so rough I find it all very reassuring! I didn't have this last time so I feel like my symptoms are a good sign this time.

P.S cannot WAIT for tomorrow as I will move on from being an appleseed!!

Congrats on moving on from an appleseed, elleff - one of my favorite parts of pregnancy each time is watching the tickers get a little further each week!

I'm surprised how calm I am about this pregnancy. I honestly thought I'd be a bit of a worried wreck by now. It's not to say I'm not worried, but I just feel relaxed and calm and taking it day by day. I try not to fret over next week's ultrasound, though I so wish they'd scheduled it for the following week, instead of exactly 6 weeks. Worried that not seeing a heartbeat again, even though this time it'll be early, will scare me and shake my peaceful feeling.

Any scan before 6 1/2 weeks seems kind of pointless. It really seems to be used to rule out ectopics. However, I have read that the heart beat of the baby at 6 weeks indicates the health of the pregnancy more than the scan at 8 weeks would. I remember reading that a low heart rate at 6 weeks is a very good indicator of miscarriage even if the heart rate catches up to normal by 8 weeks. But if the heart rate is normal at 6 weeks then the success rate of the pregnancy is very high. I know for the two pregnancies I've lost the baby had a low heart rate at 6 weeks (under 100). But my son had a heart rate of 145 at the same point. The twin I lost never showed up on the early scans so I can't really say what happened to that one.

I don't mean to share that information to scare anyone. I find comfort in numbers and makes me feel like it isn't me that is the problem and that I have as good a chance as any to have my forever baby.

Part of the reason I'm having it done is to rule out an ectopic, as I only have one ovary/tube left (from ovarian cancer, not from any previous ectopics) So I understand why, I just wish it was in the "you definitely will hear a heartbeat"range. Last time I was almost 7 weeks and couldn't see the heartbeat and I was told that was ok and didn't get a follow up. We found out 5 weeks later that baby passed in week 8. Dont want to live in that fear if I can't see anything, and I don't know if they'll allow a follow up this time.

Hi ladies, I haven't posted very much but I read this thread daily. I completely agree with the idea of remembering that we're pregnant and getting excited all over agian. For me, it's when I awake in the morning and then remember, it's the best feeling ever!
I did not have any ms with my first daughter, she was by far THE easiest pregnancy in history. So much so that I worried if she was still in there. At my first us appointment I remember commenting that I hoped they found a baby in there or I was going to be embarrassed that I wasted everyone's time. Yep, she was there. My second daughter, I had more ms with. I never actually vomited but I felt sick ALL the time...we lost her at 21 weeks due to preterm labor, but I'm sure that it was unrelated. This time I feel much as I did the first time. My symptoms so far have been dizziness, extreme fatigue but only at night around 8:30 or so, slightly sore boobs and constipation which I've had every time:blush:. I am very hopeful for this pregnancy, just putting my faith in God. My first appointment is Monday. Traditionally, the first appointment has pretty much been an information session, I wonder what this time will be like.

I think I could eat all of the food in my house today. I'm not even that hungry. I just have this intense desire to pig out and munch. It's not even a specific craving. Maybe I'm just bored.

OK, I don't think scans at 6 weeks are complete wastes but I just see the stress they cause. So often our dates are wrong or babies are just a few days behind at this point and people get panicked when the next scan shows a perfect baby. All of my early scans were to rule out ectopics and I'm thankful for them. I just didn't see much in regards to the baby's viability until past the 6 1/2 week mark.

Hi so glad I've found this thread!! I'm due 5th December after a mmc last July... Going mad waiting and every little twinge is making me so paranoid...can't stop checking when I go to the loo either! I have good symptoms: very sore big boobs (can I keep them?!), nausea and extreme tiredness! But I had all this with my mmc so that doesn't even give me piece of mind! Glad to know im not alone in this although dont wish all this worrying on anyone :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->