December 2013 Rainbow Babies

Congrats on your little girl, Kirs_t!

And thank you! I've been struggling with today, yesterday I kept crying but today we've been doing a lot of stuff in her memory so keeping active has helped me not just sit and cry. So far today we went to her spot and gave her Birthday balloons, then my family and I all released balloons and had mini cupcakes. My husband and I planted her new flowers in her color and just spent some time with her. Here's a picture of her little site:
https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/146_zpsf185b1d1.jpg

Hi ladies, thought I'd pop in with a very quick update. I have my appt with the dr scheduled for the middle of next month and I'm keeping a list of everything I want him to check out on the fridge so I can add to it when I think of something else. Needless to say, it's growing by the day! :p Probably will pare it down in length before my appt but it feels like I'm 'doing' something positive this way. Physically, I'm doing pretty good too. The procedure went fine but now today I feel like AF is here-achey/crampy in my lower back and my bleeding is picking up again. I'm going to call and get an hCG level done next week to see what my numbers are as they haven't done any bloodwork since the D&C almost two weeks ago. (Is is possible to get AF this fast???) Staying positive and thinking good thoughts. Hoping to get some exercising and dieting in here as 10 pounds mysteriously took up residence around my mid-section in the last few weeks (eating heaps of chocolate and junk food and sitting on my duff for three weeks probably had just smidgen to do with that...) and I want that extra poundage gone sooner rather than later. Since we can't ttc for a few months, I figure I'll focus on my health instead. It's can only help me and I'd like to be up to 30 pounds lighter before my next bfp so I've got work to do. Oooo, I'm getting so inspired to work out but I don't dare until I know why I'm bleeding again like this.

Dairy- you sound like you are doing so well and are so positive and strong! I love the list as it will make all your questions really clear in your head for the doc appointment. I look forward to hearing how it goes. When an you ttc again?? After my d&c in jan, I had a similar thing- was recovering well and the had some huge bleeds 2-3 weeks later. I had a period 4 weeks after d&c but I was having weekly hcg levels taken and they didn't go back to below 10 until 8 weeks after.... Glad you're checking in and keep us posted on how you are going.

Sugarbeth- what a lovely way to remember your angel xxx hope you're doing ok!

Kirs_t that cake looks AMAZING. Congratulations on your little girl!! We're team pink too, so exciting! :D

SugarBeth that photo is so touching. Thank you for sharing it with us. I think it's great that you managed to spend time there this weekend. The mini cupcakes sound lovely :). Also congratulations on being team blue! (can't remember if I already said that, baby brain hehe).

AFM - I'm glad that the heat should hopefully start to ease up in the UK. It's been lovely, but definitely relieved to hear it will be a little cooler soon. I suffer from a disability which affects my fatigue levels, so the heat has made life that extra bit hard.

Our little one has started to kick away now. I feel her most days (although she had been quiet for a few days). It's an amazing feeling, but still hard to associate the fact that what we saw on the screen at the ultrasounds is the little person inside me that's causing the sensations. It really helps with the anxiety around being pregnant after a loss.

Ox

Hi ladies, just catching up now!

Olivette - thanks for what you said, you are right, I know it all happened for a reason. Must have been really difficult on your birthday. I had a good chat with my husband about it over the weekend and he's been feeling the same which is reassuring. I know it will all become clear when we see our little girls face. I just wonder about that little baby. But the whole thing made me so much more grateful for this little miracle so I have a lot to thank my little angel for.

Beth - your picture is beautiful <3 I got a little heart tattoo inside my wrist right after my mc and we buried our baby in a lovely plant pot and its right outside our back door. I get to watch that plant growing everyday, it's so special.

Dairy - I'm so sorry you have to wait :hugs: but it will be so worth it when you have all your tests done and your body has recovered. Just keep yourself busy and enjoy the break if you can, from ttc. You'll get the go ahead before you know it. Good luck with your hcg test and your diet! Great way to occupy your mind.

Kirst - I LOVE the cake!!! I want a slice! A big slice! How are you feeling?? Team PINK :)

AFM - I came home from work sick today as I couldn't stop throwing up! I think the heat is getting to me, I love love love the sun but working in it is hard work when pregnant! Most of the time I feel amazing so I can't really complain.
I have felt a lot of movement right behind my belly button this weekend. It's so funny! I just cannot get my head around the fact that that's our little girl in there?! She even presses against the Doppler when I'm using that. I love it, I could just lie there all day waiting for my belly to move! I am so desperate for her to be here now.
What have you ladies bought so far?
We chose our pram yesterday - the Oyster with maxi cosi pebble car seat. Just need to look around for the cheapest place to buy it now. I was standing in the shop thinking I am actually going to push my baby around in one of these!!
Time is moving so fast, but so slow at the same time. I'm desperate to get to 24 weeks and feel a little safer knowing she would have a chance of survival and I can no longer 'mc' her.
I'm on baby watch today too as Kate Middleton has gone into labour!

Never ever EVER thought I would say this but-I'm so happy I got a BFN!!! Funny how something like getting a bfn would actually make me happy! It makes me feel sad too though because it is just another reminder that the final part of my pregnancy is now over.

And yeah, I'm doing okay considering. Had a bit of a bad day today as my sis had her baby and I had to watch her kids while she went in. Then she used the middle name I was going to use if my baby had been a boy. She didn't know about that so I'm not mad about it, just sad. And to top my day off, I found out my cousin's wife was all upset because she couldn't find out the gender of her baby. She knows about my mc and she's due two weeks before I would have been and when I heard that, I just wanted to tell her, "At least you are HAVING a baby. Be thankful for that!" So today was just a day for a few tears and a nice big hug from DH, DD, and DS. Feeling better now and I might even go see my new nephew tomorrow. He's simply adorable from what I've seen from the pictures.

Hello Ladies! I haven't been here in a long while but things are going well. Expecting a baby girl after a loss last fall. We cannot wait to meet her. She has grown so much every scan and her 20w scan showed a healthy and growing baby...a very active one too! I am still not showing a lot but she is moving a lot. I first felt her at 17w and my hubby got to feel her at 21w. Such an amazing blessing. Enjoying every day!

We bought almost everything already, though I've been collecting since before I was pregnant! I just need more clothes between newborn and 6 months yet, but it's struggle to find cute boy clothes that don't include all monkeys, trucks, sports or puppies. Seems like there were SO many options for girls and just a handful for boys!

We had our anatomy scan yesterday. Our little boy let us get another clear shot that shows he's definitely a boy without a doubt, and he's looking perfect! I held my breath as the doctor went over each organ, heart chamber and brain but no need as everything looks just fine. I can't believe how real this is getting, I'm 20 weeks tomorrow with a healthy baby! We're going to be bringing home a new baby in December...it seems so crazy but I can't wait!

Hey girlies,

Feeling really downified today :(. I have no idea why I feel the way I do, I've not had any pain or bleeding or anything to suggest something is 'wrong', I just feel really negatively and just want to cry. It's probably just hormones, and i'm sure I'll feel better soon but bleh!

Our 20 week scan is next week, I always start to feel anxious leading up to scans, so I know that's not helping either. Baby has been kicking, and I know she won't kick regularly for a while yet but when she's having quiet days that worries me as well. She's been quiet for a few days. I have felt a few little kicks and wiggles, but it's so nerve wracking when she's resting.

Have any of you felt this way? I'm sure it's normal but be great to know i'm not alone in randomly feeling really negative!

Ox

I always get nervous for a few days up to any scans....i really start worry about every little thing... I just started feeling baby ironically the day of my last scan... Now that baby is moving i feel a lil better but ts so light that sometimes im not sure if it is baby and then i have a day i feel nothing at all. I think we all feel this way and if we think about it too much it will just get us stuck in a rut in feelig depressed. Try to stay positive... U get to see ur baby soon!!!! We are halfway there!!!! We can finally feel them move!!!!!

Dairy - I'm glad about your BFN, in the nicest possible way. I was dreading mine after my mc but by the time it came I was so happy to see it because it meant I could move forward. You seem to be so strong and handling such tough situations so well. I really hope you get some progress soon! How is your new nephew?

Megan - Congratulations on your baby girl!! Amazing you're feeling her now and don't worry you will wake up one day and discover a bump!!

Beth - You've bought everything!? You are a lot better than me! I have a few things but my husband keeps saying 'ah we don't need that yet...' I need to be organised though!
So glad your scan went well!

Olive - How are you feeling?? So sorry you've been feeling down :hugs: I think these hormones honestly make us go crazy. I am having to check myself before I react to anything and say to myself 'What would you have done pre baby brain?' and sometimes I realise I'd have reacted completely differently. But I get the whole downer thing. Its such a massive stress and pressure to think 'am I actually going to carry this healthy baby to the end?' I find myself asking it more and more as I get further on and its starting to feel more like I can actually do this. 2 weeks today my precious little angel would have been due, and 2 weeks today my precious little rainbow will become viable. I can't think about either fact without getting tears in my eyes. Its like one baby literally gave the other baby a life.
What day is your scan? I really hope it goes ok. I was the same before mine though, absolutely terrified. With every single thing she checked off the list I felt a weight lift.
As for the kicking, I'm exactly the same. Some days I feel her a lot then absolutely nothing the next day and it worries me! but then I remember the sonographer telling me about how an anterior placenta can cushion the blows. Maybe thats what you have? Its actually a relief to know I have that and therefore its harder for me to feel her.
Rest assured though it is happening more and more and I feel it getting stronger and stronger so I'm hoping soon my husband will be able to feel her. I have actually seen her move my belly ever so slightly but then when I tell my husband to watch, she stops doing it. Its only happened twice though..

Hope - you're right, we're half way!! how many of us even thought we'd get this far?! I certainly didnt!

AFM - I'm feeling physically really good. Some people think my bump is huge (generally people who havent been around any other pregnant women) but then 2 people told me today that I am really small at this stage compared to where they were by 22 weeks! I can't win! I'll post a bump pic later on.

I'm starting to get myself a bit excited about being a Mummy :) I am dreaming most nights that my baby is here and I just can't stop looking at her. I can't comprehend what its like to look at your own baby?!?!

Lol, yes we have almost everything. I just need the carseat and my baby carrier, but I'm ready to order them any day now (I just can't pick out the design I want!) Luckily Katie is only 2 years old, so we already have her crib all set up, we have gender neutral swings, and I bought boy bedding and such for when I thought she was a boy, so I went into this pregnancy already quite prepared. I also bought two double strollers just a few hours before finding out I was pregnant, just because I couldn't pass up the price!

And yet, even though all I need to do is set up the swings and buy more clothing (which I did today again, I love buying baby clothes!) I still get those dreams where baby is coming and I'm totally unprepared and don't have enough stuff. All my dreams keep pushing me to fix up the nursery (which right now is more like a storage room) so that's what I'll be working on this week!

Anyone else feel like this pregnancy is going so fast and are starting to panic? I'm 21 weeks tomorrow, it feels like a slippery hill downwards and soon we'll be in December!

I feel completely underprepared! But actually I'm not. I feel like I have been pregnant forever and still have forever to go, but at the same time it's starting to go faster. My mum is picking up our pram tomorrow so ill get that next weekend when I see her! I can't wait to see it!
I don't have bedding or anything yet though. We have 3 bedrooms and my husband has a son and daughter who are 12 and 15 so have their own rooms for when they stay here a few nights a week. We need to swap their rooms over so that my step daughter goes into the big room to share with the baby and my stepson into the smaller room. So this means a lot of new furniture, getting rid of the double bed that's in there at the moment and buying a single bed as we won't fit a cot and double bed in there. We also have A huge wardrobe in their with most of our clothes...I'm not sure where we're going to put all that!

Olive have you had your scan??

Hey girlies!

I saw your message and completely forgot to reply. The scan went perfectly. I have to admit I had my breath held the entire time, but baby girl is 100% fit and healthy, and just needs to get bigger now.

After an hour and a half bus journey (it's about 45 minutes away by car), and DH almost not making it (he had to come from work), we found our way to the maternity ward. The staff on reception where really quite rude, and not very friendly at all. We managed to find our own way within the ward as weren't given any helpful directions. When we arrived aesthetically the rooms had seen better days. We were called in quite quickly, and the actual scanning room made poor DH feel a little claustrophobic. He's 6'7" tall and the room was extremely small. Aside from the rude staff and old buildings, the scan went well.

She's kicking every day now, and I've definitely 'popped' in the last week.

How is everyone? :)

Ox

My gender scan is on Tues morning! So nervous, I am 90% sure it's a girl and really have my hopes up. Obvs I'll be overjoyed for a healthy lil bug but as this is going to be our last baby I'd really like a girl.

Been feeling kicks for about 6 weeks now, but just starting to see them from the outside! Hubby hasn't felt them yet, but that's just cuz he's impatient, if he kept his hand there long enough he'd get punched for sure haha.

We haven't bought anything for this baby. Waiting til Tues, if it's a girl we'll get some girly clothes, otherwise we don't really need anything! Still have all of W's old clothes/swings/moses basket. Just gonna need a few newborn diapers to get through the gross newborn poo, then using W's cloth. Oh a car seat too...they are so expensive, dreading buying one.

Going by so fast now!

Olivette, so glad your scan went well! That's awful that the hospital wasn't quite what you would have hoped for. Is this where you're going to give birth?

Kater, how was your gender scan? Can we have some scan pics ladies?

How is everyone else?

AFM I've been so busy as we visited my mum which was lovely apart from the 8 hour car journey! and I've been sick since we got home with a chest infection, cold, sore throat etc so having a few days off work as there's really nothing I can take to get better.
So...we had our scan that I booked as a surprise for my family. I managed not to tell my mum until the morning of the scan and she was crying so I guess she was happy! We went for the scan with my step dad and 2 sisters and they confirmed again that our little baby is a girl. However, she had her hands over her face the whole time so when they switched to 4d we couldn't see anything. I went for a long walk and had some coke etc, even ran up and down some stairs, but she still wouldn't budge so seeing as we had travelled so far they kindly booked us in for another scan the next day.
So we went for that scan and it was even worse! Baby had folded herself in half and had her feet in front of her face, holding onto her toes so we had hands and feet blocking the view to that little face! Naughty girl! We did get to see her little bum cheeks in 4d though which was nice :haha:
So although we didn't get any great pics of her face we still got to see her twice and she is kicking me so often now and making my belly dance about that I don't mind waiting til she's here to see what she looks like.

Yesterday was my little angels due date which was really tough. I woke up to an email from a baby club a joined last time, congratulating me on being 40 weeks pregnant so I was upset from the moment I woke up.
I spent the day clearing out clothes and sorting our baby girls things and putting them away to try and distract myself. Then when my husband got home I had bought a pink heart and a gold star helium balloon for us to let out the back garden. I tied them together, kind of like our angel and our rainbow always being joined. I was so emotional, I had no idea I'd be like that but it was just remembering the raw emotion of it all and being so thankful that I am pregnant again as I don't know how I'd have coped with that day if I wasn't. When we let them go it was perfect watching them float away for what looked like miles.
I feel like we did everything we could for that little baby to show how much we love it. We buried him/her in a plant we bought specially which sits right by our patio doors, I had a tattoo on the inside of my wrist, and then we let the balloons go. It's hard to know what to do but it all definitely feels right.
I feel much better today and feel like my babies crossed over yesterday. One was due, the other became viable. On the same date.
So today is a new day and I think I'm officially nesting!! I am having a huge clear out and am about to get started on my kitchen cupboards but thought I'd come and say hi to you lovely ladies first.
I hope you're all doing brilliantly. Time is ticking by and we'll get to meet our babies soon!:flower:

(((hugs))) on your sad day, elleff. I had a hard time for a few days around my angel's due date a few weeks ago, it was really rough. It's amazing what we survive through!

I'm 23 weeks today, which means I'm only 7 days away from the viability mark. I can't wait to be there! Even though I have a lot of days where I panic about how fast this pregnancy is going, I"m eager to get to the point where if something should happen, I know my baby will get the medical care he needs and will be considered an actual patient of his own. With this being a rainbow, it definitely feels like a big milestone, even bigger than when I was pregnant with my daughter.

This weekend we're taking apart the nursery and getting it as fixed up as possible. I started on my hospital bag yesterday, as there's so much to remember with a water birth/birth center birth - I need a bag for me, a bag for baby and DH, and then my daughter needs a bag because she'll be staying at my mom's house and will need supplies. Lots to pack and think of, and I like to have everything ready by 30 weeks. Can't believe third trimester is just a short 5 weeks away! Every week seems to speed up a little faster!

Hey ladies. Good news and bad news from my scan.
Good: It's a girl!!!!!!!!
https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk294/katerdid225/Pregnancy%203/pottyshotwm_zps03589db6.jpg

Bad news:
Anomalies. She has a two vessel cord, which in itself isn't too terribly worrisome. Obvs I'll have to get more u/s later on to make sure she's growing normally, but from what I've gathered, most babies are ok.
BUT....her heart. Beating normally, good sign, but dr said the tendons are too thick. She didn't really explain what that meant and I couldn't really ask (2hrs of waiting and my toddler was in meltdown mode at that point). Dr said it could be ok, could sort itself out. But it could also be a sign of problems, and that 2 vessel cords can affect the heart. So those two things together are enough to warrant more throughout scans and tests.
I go to a specialist this Tues to get a better understanding of what's happening. I'll take all the positive vibes you gals can muster.

Also, tomorrow would of been my angel's due date. Bit emotional over it, and hubby is not supportive really, he says to just move on, forget and not to think about it as it is the opposite of productive.

Elleff --- cheeky little monkey and that scan! Sorry she didn't want to show her face!
So touching, the balloons. :hugs:

Sugarbeth -- so soon til V-day! Yay! And you are so on the ball with getting ready, I have only just bought some clothes :haha:

Katerdid: Congratulations on a little girlie! That's so fab. Scan looks JUST like our potty shot at 16 weeks, so is nice to see :D.

I'm sending you so many positive vibes my lovely :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:. Everything is crossed for a reassuring Specialist appointment on Tuesday. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. *HUGS*.

I'm sorry your hubby wasn't as support as he could have been on the anniversary. My hubby has a similar view I think, and I know how hard it is :(.

Elleff: The balloons sound so lovely. I can completely understand how emotional it can be. Our last due date passed quite early on in the pregnancy which was hard :(.

The scan sounds lovely, even if she was hiding in both of them! At least you got a nice potty shot, teehee. We had a scan for my side of the family (who live 3 hours away) at 16 weeks and it was so special watching them watch the screen and the baby.

Sugarbeth: Your so organized! Wowy. I've not got any further than really writing a list yet!

AFM: All is fairly well in the Olivette household. I think I may be coming down with a cold too :(. Because of other health problems, it takes several days/weeks for a cold to really get going, so I've been feeling fowl for several days but no sign of the cold yet. As you said elleff, there isn't really anything I can do about a cold, so will have to ride it out!

Little girlie spends several days out of each week at the moment a little quiet. Yesterday was one of those days and it sure does get me a little twitchy! She was kicking a goodun when I settled down on the sofa in the evening, so I know all is well, but all this worry, it can't be healthy! Hehe.

This week I have ordered wool to start my crochet blanket! I'm so excited! I think I was a little crazy when I was in the planning stage, as instead of regular granny squares, I've chosen a tiny granny square, at an inch square. They are so tiny and lovely :D I need 729 of them though... Could take a while! I've only recently taught myself to crochet after wanting to learn for many years, so i'm so excited!

Ox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->