December 2013 Rainbow Babies

After no spotting for over a week and starting to breathe easier since I'm over that pseudo-magical 12 week mark when the chance of mc decreases a bunch, I'm all of a sudden freaking out for no real reason. I've never mc this far along, I have no symptoms of mc (other than loss of most of my pg symptoms but that's normal for being nearly 13 weeks pg), and I may or may not be feeling movement already. But I can't help but feel scared that I am going to mc. Not sure why it's so strong a feeling when I didn't feel like this even when I was in that 6-9 week time period when I've mc before. I get so scared about mc at times, I nearly start hyperventilating. It's awful. Has anyone else felt like this?

Not sure what triggered all the hysteria for me last week but I'm doing okay now. I'm even feeling more hopeful and excited now that I'm 13 weeks and 'officially' in my 2nd trimester. Not excited enough to start spreading the news, but more excited than I was last week. I have another u/s and dr appt in a week and a wedding this next weekend so I'm sure the time will fly by and I'll be seeing my little bean and that wonderful little flicker of a hb before I know it.

After no spotting for over a week and starting to breathe easier since I'm over that pseudo-magical 12 week mark when the chance of mc decreases a bunch, I'm all of a sudden freaking out for no real reason. I've never mc this far along, I have no symptoms of mc (other than loss of most of my pg symptoms but that's normal for being nearly 13 weeks pg), and I may or may not be feeling movement already. But I can't help but feel scared that I am going to mc. Not sure why it's so strong a feeling when I didn't feel like this even when I was in that 6-9 week time period when I've mc before. I get so scared about mc at times, I nearly start hyperventilating. It's awful. Has anyone else felt like this?

This is exactly what happened to me after I had my first miscarriage and got pregnant again. It was around the same time too. I think its because we aren't really showing yet and don't feel the baby moving & our early pregnancy symptoms have gone by now leaving us feeling well....completely normal which in a weird way makes us freak out. It will pass hun & you're not alone in these feelings :hugs:

Hi dairy- as wantabelly said, you are defn not alone in those feelings. I have had many a moment of panic and worry that it has all gone wrong- I am 16 weeks today and have only just told my work and other friends as I was so afraid of jinxing things before that. A friend on another thread told me that even at 30 weeks she was too afraid to cut the tags off her baby clothes! We will always be a little worried but hopefully the joy and excitement overtake those feelings as we grow our bellies!

I have started feeling flutters and even have leaky boobs now (sorry for the over share) but it does make me so happy and excited though... and im starting to really believe I am pregnant!! 3 weeks till we find out the sex of our baby and have our first ob appointment! I can't wait :)

How's everyone doing?

Dairymomma - So sorry you were freaking out! I know how awful it is though, so glad you're feeling better now! Its so hard to enjoy the pregnancy but I think we'll all miss it once our babies are here!

Wantabelly - the vanishing symptoms really freaked me out too but my doppler is helping with that as I am now able to find the hb straight away and I literally only need to listen for a minute just to reassure myself we are ok.

Kirst - Yay for getting to 16 weeks! Do you think its starting to go quicker now? I find the weeks are passing quicker than they did in the first tri! I can't believe you have leaky boobs already!

AFM - generally feeling really good apart from the odd day of sickness (like this morning...). I am loving using the doppler and I swore I'd only use it once a week but I'm on it everyday!! I can't help it! I managed to record the hb the other day and send it to family that live quite far away which was nice.
I'm not sure if I've felt anything or not yet. The only thing I've had the last couple of days is a fizz like feeling behind my belly button? I don't know if its movement or not!
I have the midwife on wednesday morning, can't believe I'm almost 17 weeks!! half way beckons!! :)

Thanks ladies, I needed to hear that. It was just so funny to me to suddenly be like, "Oh no! I'm going to miscarry!" when 1. I had absolutely NO symptoms of miscarriage and 2. I've never felt like that with any of my other pregnancies. After miscarrying 6 times and going to term 2 times, this was the first time I've EVER freaked out that bad. Like I said, I don't know what triggered it but now I'm feeling pretty mellow. Although I did just realize it's actually 2 weeks til my next u/s and dr appt, not one week like I was originally thinking. But I'm really doing okay. We have a wedding this weekend, possible vacation plans for a long weekend next weekend, and then my appts right after that. So, the time should fly by and I'll be seeing that little bean before I know it.

I don't know how you ever got through 6 miscarriages, you must be so brave :hugs:
I dreamt 2 nights ago that I mc this baby at home and I was just screaming wondering how the hell I would get through it again. Thankfully I woke up pretty quickly and have been even more thankful for my precious bump since then.

I had my mw appointment this morning. She checked my pee and blood pressure and that was it! I also told about this crazy thing that is going on with my legs in the evening, and she said its restless leg syndrome! Caused by baby lying on a nerve or something. Nothing I can do about it, although it is driving my husband crazy haha!

Less than 3 weeks til my next scan.... next mw appointment is at 25 weeks!! Although I am supposed to have seen the consultant before now but they had to cancel the clinic, just hoping they rearrange soon as they referred me to consultant led care for a reason!

All going well here though, girls we are almost within reach of half way!!!

Honestly, if I hadn't had my ds and dd in between all those m/c I probably would have given up ttc by this point. If you could have seen me even seven months ago, I wouldn't have looked all that brave although most of that was my PPD. Some days I feel like my friends and family know me only as That Lady Who Had 6 Miscarriages and I so want to NOT be that person. But what do you do, right? My DH has been just amazing too and that helps alot. He's seen me at my worst and still loves me and holds my hand when I need it the most. I just keep hoping and praying this little bean will stick as good as it's big bro and big sis were! At least until 37 weeks that is. :) After having my other two at 37+1 and 37+3, I just don't know if I can handle going all the way to 40! haha

Had an Oops I overdid it day yesterday. Too much lifting and stress, and I paid for it in the evening. Sore back and arms, and some minor cramping though I'm not sure if it was uterine or intestinal as my digestive system has been slightly rebellious lately. Then I woke up with what I thought was the start of a bump having disappeared. Talk about freak out again! Feel better now that I just felt one of those little 'rubber band snaps' I always get instead of 'butterfly flutters'. I know 13+4 is early to feel movement, but I'm getting more and more convinced that's what this is. It's always in relatively the same spot, I felt it with both my kids, and it's only once or twice a day.

Woah, it's been really quiet on here! How is everyone doing?

My gender scan is this Saturday, we'll finally know if it's our Cece Snow or our Will inside there. Baby is super active now and keeps me up at night with all the rolling and kicking. I'm loving it!

Anyone find out gender lately? Have baby names?

I was just thinking the same thing Beth!
Woooo good luck with your scan!! Mine is on Monday, I'm so nervous. I don't know if we'll find out the sex or not we are so undecided!!
I'm not feeling much movement yet but listening to the hb everyday on the Doppler so I know he/she is still growing in there! Just desperate to see the scan and know everything is developing as it should!
Going camping this weekend so hopefully that will speed up the next few days!
Hope everyone is doing well!

I still have another month to go on gender scans, boo.
Feeling what could possibly be movement, kinda butterfly kinda rubber band snap?

Hi girls, my gender/anatomy scan is next Wednesday! I can't wait :) I'm feeling a kicks now too, which is so exciting. But can't wait till Dh can feel them too! Hope everyone is well xxx

Hey ladies. Sorry it's been awhile. It's been a rollercoaster of a few weeks. After a family wedding, hay making time on the farm, and life in general, I was looking forward to my followup u/s to check on the hematoma so I could hear my bean's hb. Unfortunately, I found out my baby no longer had a hb and had actually died up to four days before. I just had my D&C yesterday morning. I would have been 15 weeks...*Sigh* Glad it's over but sad it happened. But the OB dr I talked to before my D&C said he's 'unofficially' putting the cause for this latest miscarriage as the hematoma. He thinks it was just in a bad spot and interfered too much with the blood flow to the placenta so when the placenta should have taken over, there wasn't enough blood flow for the baby. Again, I'm glad I have a diagnosis (FINALLY) for a miscarriage but it's tough knowing this was my seventh m/c and my first 2nd tri m/c. I am seeing the OB in a month to discuss future testing and treatments for my next pg. Hoping to get a hysteroscopy in 3 months (meaning no ttc til after the scope...blah...) to check uterine lining, shape, look for scarring, and check my tubes. Feels good to have a plan of attack and I'm feeling more optimistic for my future pregnancies than I have in a long time. Wishing the rest of you happy and healthy pregnancies! :hugs:

I was not expecting this! I am so so sorry, good luck for the future and hopefully they will help you go on to have a healthy pregnancy xx

I'm so sorry Dairymomma; I totally didn't expect that. It's great to hear that you have a new plan of attack and that you are feeling optimistic for future pregnancies. It was having that plan of attack that helped me through those dark first few weeks.

:hugs: Thinking of you.

Ox

I'm so sorry to hear dairy... Sending love and strength xxx keep us posted on how you are going xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->