December 2014/January 2015 IUI

It did for me, but I normally ovulate really early. CD 10-12. I was monitored last cycle so they had me trigger on CD 14 for an IUI on CD 16. I'm sure everyone is different.

So I went for an US today and they told me I responded good to clomid, I have one mature follie on the left and three not mature yet on the right. She told me the sizes but I can't remember. I guess that is good, right?. They told me They will call me today if my blood work shows LH surge if not I should test with opk tomorrow and come on friday for either IUI or a trigger.

I'm soo scare and excited about this.

So I went for an US today and they told me I responded good to clomid, I have one mature follie on the left and three not mature yet on the right. She told me the sizes but I can't remember. I guess that is good, right?. They told me They will call me today if my blood work shows LH surge if not I should test with opk tomorrow and come on friday for either IUI or a trigger.

I'm soo scare and excited about this.

You should try to get the sizes. They want them to be 1.7 cm or 17 mm in order to fertilize. Knowing this will determine how many you will have when you O. It would be great to do an IUI with 4 follies.

Sounds very promising Leti. I took a pic of the screen with my phone so I could remember the follie sizes. Came in handy because I could not remember otherwise.

That is a good idea. Thanks.

Happy new year everyone. Let this odd year be a good year filled with lots of baby dust.

had my IUI today, I feel very hopeful. I should go again next Saturday for progesterone test and in two weeks for pregnancy test. These days are going to drag.

I should have called this January IUI, clomid did delay ovulation a bit, but I hope that means my follies had more time to develop.

How is everyone else doing?

Best of luck Leti, lets hope this is a busy 2 weeks for you so the time passes quick.

I had my IUI on December 14th and my BFP on December 28. I typically get BFPs from IUIs so it is not surprising. I just have trouble keeping the baby and tend to have mmc around 6 weeks. I am not getting excited yet. I am only 4w 4d today.

Do you know how many mature follies you had? I had 4 or 5 so I am at risk of multiples. Are you ok with multiples?

Congrats. I hope you have a sticky bean!!!!!
I had one mature on CD11 and they didn't do an US today before the IUI so I don't know if the other 3 matured or not.
Me and DH will be perfectly happy with twins, not sure about more than that.
I've had 2 mmc before one at 4w and the second one almost 5w so I know how you feel.

Wow..I've come across so many others who got a bfp this month and have had previous losses. I really hope we all make it this time.

Best of luck to your sticky bean!

Keeping fx for you girls!

I started my injections yesterday. Start monitoring on thursday.

This wait is killing meeeee. Some days I feel very optimistic, other not so much. Why can't the TWW be shorter!???

I'm, second guessing my ovulation day since my temps went up earlier than my positive OPK.
It stated going up on CD12. I tested that morning and afternoon and got negative OPK. The nurse told me only to test in the morning, but around 9:00 I got a very close to positive "negative" and in the morning of CD13 got a clear positive where the test line was darker than the control. So they scheduled the IUI for the next day.
FF is putting my ov day on CD13 (a day before IUI) when I leave it in the advance setting and CD14 when I set it up for OPK.

I wish I had a little camera inside my body to find out what is going on in there... when they are going to invent such thing??? argh:growlmad:

Wouldn't that be great, Leti! We wouldn't have to spend our entire day obsessing over each cramp, belly twitch, etc. It's so aggravating but I suppose these things take time :haha:

Hi ladies. I have a couple questions. I'm going for my second IUI tomorrow. First, I respond well to clomid, but I'm wondering if I should continue with clomid if this cycle doesn't work or move on to injectables. I had 4 mature follicles last month and 2 this month, but I am 41 years old. I suspect the quality of my eggs is an issue and more eggs with injectables would be better. The problem is that could mean fewer assisted cycles since insurance will only provide 4 injectable cycles.

Also, my luteal phase last month was only 10 days which has never happened before. I'm guessing it was the clomid. Should I push for progesterone?

Good luck to the ladies looking for BFPs! I recognize some of the names from other threads.

Hi ladies. I have a couple questions. I'm going for my second IUI tomorrow. First, I respond well to clomid, but I'm wondering if I should continue with clomid if this cycle doesn't work or move on to injectables. I had 4 mature follicles last month and 2 this month, but I am 41 years old. I suspect the quality of my eggs is an issue and more eggs with injectables would be better. The problem is that could mean fewer assisted cycles since insurance will only provide 4 injectable cycles.

Also, my luteal phase last month was only 10 days which has never happened before. I'm guessing it was the clomid. Should I push for progesterone?

Good luck to the ladies looking for BFPs! I recognize some of the names from other threads.

ok, lots of questions here. If you are getting enough follies with clomid I don't think you need to change. Injectables won't give better quality eggs. I went to injectables only because I only got 1 follie with climbed. Remember if you go to injectables and get too many follies they will cancel the IUI. I had 4-5 follies this IUI and had to pay all that $ for the injectables. You were only taking climbed and getting that.

Progesterone, I say yes no matter what. They say it can't hurt, only help. I got a bfn on only 1 of my 4 IUIs. That 1 IUI I didn't get a bfp I didn't take progesterone.

Good luck with your IUI!

That is interesting about the progesterone. They are testing mine on Saturday, a week after IUI and I guess if its too low they will put me on progesterone. Wouldn't that be to late? If hear you you start with progesterone right after ovulation.

Thanks TTC. I get the feeling that with my age my doctor would comfortably let me go to 6-7 follicles and would prefer that many, but I've never asked so I definitely will next time I see him! And I think I'm going to ask about the progesterone too. Congrats on your pregnancy and hoping you have a sticky bean!

Leti, they didn't test my progesterone last cycle so I'm not sure if 7 dpo would be too late to add progesterone if needed. Baby dust to you!

I dont think its too late to add it.. If you need it! The sac takes over production of it sometime between 6-12 weeks.. And after that you no longer need the supplement.

I agree with what ttc first said. Maybe look into vitamins that help impove egg quality and sperm quality? I think you would be better off with that then making the switch to injectibles. Just be mindful that vitamins can take upto three months to be of benefit

You're right, there is so much that can help that is natural. Zinc helps men's sperm quality. Black Maca helps men and Yellow Maca helps women. Aspirin apparently prevents blood clots in women that can lead to miscarriage. CoQ10 apparently helps with cell development and is good for men and women.

I was put on progesterone from O even though my level is ok.

2plus1more - That's a good question for your doctor. They say that there is a certain number of follies that they will suggest that you cancel your IUI then a higher number that they will refuse the IUI. My guess is that 6-7 would be suggesting the cancellation. I've done an IUI on something close to that but only ended up having one fertilize. It can also depend on sperm quality and then overall luck. This last IUI I had 4-5 and amazing sperm and so far only a singleton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->