December 2014/January 2015 IUI

Hi All,

Just came across this thread and found myself in similar situation . I am TTC since an year with no exact issue as such. But as it has been an year already , I have been put on 50 mg clomid + 5000mg hcg shot to trigger ovulation for last 3 cycles but all with BFN even after having good follicles. My GYN suggested for IUI with 50 mg clomid to up the chances this month. I went for follicle monitoring on CD 8 CD 12 CD15 which showed 1 dominant follicle in left ovary with size 20 mm and two follicles of 15 and 16 mm in right ovary . I was given HCG 5000 on CD 15 . On CD 16 we were supposed to do IUI after confirming that the folli has ruptutured. But to our surprise, it had grown to 22mm and not ruptured after 24 hrs of HCG. Today morning on CD17, I went in to check for follicle rupture ( after 36 hrs of HCG ). But it has still not ruptured. GYN said he could see some free fluid. But cant do IUI unless he sees that the folli has reptured. This is stressing me out so much. Has any of you experianced / come across such situation ? I had always got good folli rupture on all my previous clomid plus HCG cycles. I will visit the GYN this evening again to check the folli. Hopefully it will be ruptured by then and I will get the IUI done.

Good luck to all of you !

Thanks

I tested this morning, 14dpiui, 14dpo and got a BFN. I am so tired of seeing one pink line. I wish AF would just show up so we cab get on with it.

August, so sorry about the BFN. I know how disappointing it is to see nothing but white. The only thing I tell myself is to start right back up again and eventually I'll see those two beautiful lines. Ugh, it's not easy though. Take care.

Not sure about the opks Leti, but I haven't used them much. Good luck this cycle, everything crossed!

Thanks for the advice ladies. I've been on COq10 for about 3 months, but only a higher dose (600mg/day) for past month. I also do acupuncture. I will ask my doctor about maca and I've wondered if he'd let me take bee pollen. My husband has super sperm!

222, my doctor doesn't monitor day of IUI or after with ultrasound, but now you have me wondering how often that happens. Last month we were so exhausted we didn't even bd after the IUI, but now I think we will. I hope it ruptures and you are good to go!

August, so sorry about the BFN. I know how disappointing it is to see nothing but white. The only thing I tell myself is to start right back up again and eventually I'll see those two beautiful lines. Ugh, it's not easy though. Take care.

Not sure about the opks Leti, but I haven't used them much. Good luck this cycle, everything crossed!

Thanks for the advice ladies. I've been on COq10 for about 3 months, but only a higher dose (600mg/day) for past month. I also do acupuncture. I will ask my doctor about maca and I've wondered if he'd let me take bee pollen. My husband has super sperm!

222, my doctor doesn't monitor day of IUI or after with ultrasound, but now you have me wondering how often that happens. Last month we were so exhausted we didn't even bd after the IUI, but now I think we will. I hope it ruptures and you are good to go!

Thank you for your wishes 2plus...fortunately it had ruptured when i visited the clinic...i had my first IUI...Feeling good...

How many dpiui are you currently?

AugustBride6 I hope is just too early to test, since you temps are so high still!!!
My Dr. don't do US to on the day of or after. So I'm also blind.
222 good luck with the IUI, good thing your doctor was checking otherwise they would have done it too early. Were you testing with OPKs? That is how my Dr. proceeded with the IUI, after the positive OPK.

How funny 222, I had my IUI this morning too!

They prescribed the progesterone and I can pick it up tomorrow. Wow, expensive! I'll reach my deductible if we do one more cycle next month so it doesn't matter much. All worth it!

I wish insurance in Indy covered infertility! You are a lucky lady!

AugustBride6 I hope is just too early to test, since you temps are so high still!!!
My Dr. don't do US to on the day of or after. So I'm also blind.
222 good luck with the IUI, good thing your doctor was checking otherwise they would have done it too early. Were you testing with OPKs? That is how my Dr. proceeded with the IUI, after the positive OPK.

No .I was not doing opk...solely relied on ultrasound monitoring and hcg trigger...

I wish my insurance cover infertility too. I'm paying OOP $1,000.00 for every IUI. I really hope it works this first time, bc if I keep expending like this on IF I will not be able to afford a baby!!!

I keep hoping to get pregnant because it would be so much cheaper to raise a kid then make a kid.

How funny 222, I had my IUI this morning too!

They prescribed the progesterone and I can pick it up tomorrow. Wow, expensive! I'll reach my deductible if we do one more cycle next month so it doesn't matter much. All worth it!

Great...so we can be iui cycle buddies :flower:..they prescribed progesteron for me as well..will start it tomorrow...fx'd for you !

Leti..No kidding! I had a moment this morning when I thought "WTH are we doing?" We are sending our oldest to college next year and we are forking out all of this money for another one?! I need my head checked:haha:

Yikes, sorry ladies, I hope I didn't come across as insensitive. New York State requires insurance to cover IUIs so it's not that I have great insurance or anything. That is a tough cost to absorb, but hope the IUI works!

2plus....you are perfectly fine! You didn't upset us, we are just jealous! I think more states should require carriers to cover it. It definitely gets overlooked.

Yikes, sorry ladies, I hope I didn't come across as insensitive. New York State requires insurance to cover IUIs so it's not that I have great insurance or anything. That is a tough cost to absorb, but hope the IUI works!

It is not insensitive don't worry about it.

NY has the infertility mandate, but it has a lot of loopholes, I'm in NY too and my past insurance and my current one did not cover infertility.

NY has the infertility mandate, but it has a lot of loopholes, I'm in NY too and my past insurance and my current one did not cover infertility.

I agree that more States should cover it and I had no idea about loopholes. Insurance companies get me riled up! Where are you Leti or did I already ask that on another thread? I seem to remember Long Island?

I agree that more States should cover it and I had no idea about loopholes. Insurance companies get me riled up! Where are you Leti or did I already ask that on another thread? I seem to remember Long Island?

Yes, I'm on Long Island. I have UHC, but it all depends on what your employers elect really.

August, sorry to hear. I hope it either turns pink or af shows o you can move on to your next cyke quick!

222, fx for you girl

2plus1, how long do you wait after iui to bd? This will be my first.. And i want to.. But i also know it takes 48 hrs to get a mature sperm supply so i question if that wouldnt be to late?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->